Good Video about what may be going on with #10 and QB

If the Bills were willing to trade down 2 spots, that would imply they don't want Trubisky because a lot of people expect the Browns to take him at 12. The only reason the Browns would make that trade is if they thought Buffalo was going to take Trubisky,

Therefore that trade doesn't make sense unless the Bills know (with confidence) that the Browns don't want Trubisky.

Otherwise the trade is a catch 22.

As I read your post, I felt like I was listening to Vizzini from The Princess Bride.

https://youtu.be/9s0UURBihH8?t=130

OJ Howard.... If I have to run up to the podium and say his name myself!

Please dont, rarely if ever a good idea to take a TE in the first round, let a lone at top ten.

A few have worked out, but when I look around the league

Gronk-2nd round

Reed-3rd round

Walker-6th round

Kelce-3rd round

Graham- Undrafted

Gates-Undrafted

Barnidge-5th round

Ertz-2nd round

Rudolph-2nd round

Yes, Olsen and Eifert are good late first round players, but that is two guys...

Please dont, rarely if ever a good idea to take a TE in the first round, let a lone at top ten.

Gronk-2nd round

Reed-3rd round

Walker-6th round

Kelce-3rd round

Graham- Undrafted

Gates-Undrafted

Barnidge-5th round

Ertz-2nd round

Rudolph-2nd round

Yes, Olsen and Eifert are good late first round players, but that is two guys...

Graham was 3rd round pick by the Saints.

I agree with you though, no to a Tight End in the first, especially when there is not as much college production there as you would like and you are having to project a lot what he will be at the next level. Especially in this TE class.... which is really, really deep. I want them to take a tight end and I reckon they could get a guys with one of their 5th round picks who upgrades the #2 TE spot from day 1.

Graham was 3rd round pick by the Saints.

I agree with you though, no to a Tight End in the first, especially when there is not as much college production there as you would like and you are having to project a lot what he will be at the next level. Especially in this TE class.... which is really, really deep. I want them to take a tight end and I reckon they could get a guys with one of their 5th round picks who upgrades the #2 TE spot from day 1.

If they pick a player in the first at a position not considered to be an "immediate need" it better be a QB.

One other thing for you since you are a draft whisperer...why the relative quiet surrounding Watson? (not just the Bills, seems like he's talked about much less often than the other 3 [including Mahomes])

Edited by Cripple Creek

Gronk-2nd round

Reed-3rd round

Walker-6th round

Kelce-3rd round

Graham- Undrafted

Gates-Undrafted

Barnidge-5th round

Ertz-2nd round

Rudolph-2nd round

Dont forget Ebron. He was supposed to be a game changer and he hasn't changed any games that I've seen.

The only people who didn't know that Glenn could play tackle were people that didn't go to the Senior Bowl or read the reports from it. Cordy Glenn played left tackle at the Senior Bowl and dominated the best D linemen in the country.

Nix didn't fool anyone.

He wasn't trying.

Nix was making a joke when he said that he did that. It has been taken seriously in Bills land, but it shouldn't have been.

During the draft, one team is always on the clock. In round one, teams have 15 minutes to make their choice.

source: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nfl-draft2.htm

Thanks. Could be a very interesting 15 minutes.

This is incorrect.

The first round used to be 15 minutes per pick, now it is 10 minutes. They changed this about 4-5 years ago.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

This actually make sense to me -- and I am frankly happy to see that the Bills may finally understand the notion of "value".

Scouting, Knowing what the competition is doing and flexibility are all driving factors.

In addition to scouting players, it is important to know how all the players are perceived by other teams -- to get a gauge on value. Maybe you are craving a cheeseburger and do not necessarily like lobster -- bust doesn't mean you should pay the going price of lobster for your cheeseburger!

How many times over the years have we seen them RACE to the podium with their pick? Almost every year they do that -- and it makes no logical sense. Even if the guy they most covet is still there, why not wait the full allotted time to make sure that another team is not willing to knock off your socks with a trade option? As long as the pick is turned in within the 10-minute limit, no other team can steal it!

Also, the team has to be flexible -- and willing to lose out on a player they like if they can get a strong ROI by trading down to get additional picks. I remember the grave mistake Marv made back in 2006. There were multiple teams interested in trading up with the Bills at a time when an extra 2nd round pick would have been great. Instead, he was so worried about maybe losing out on getting D. Whitner... A Plan B (and C) always needs to be in effect.

As a hypothetical, let's say the Bills decision-makers like Mahomes the best of all the QBs in this draft class. But based on their research and discussions with various scouts' etc. they realize that most other teams have 2-3 other QBs ranked ahead of Mahomes. Thus, rather than immediately snatching Mahomes up with their first pick (when the other QBs with better "value" are still on the clock), the opportunity to turn that pick into additional picks just may present itself -- and they could very well still get the player (in this fictional case, Mahomes) they wanted at a more appropriate price in addition to more picks.

Edited by 2003Contenders