Name Your Band

Gugny

My son made his Eagle Scout last year, another in his Troop this year. My son's lead on his Eagle service project was making compost bins and an "interactive" compost park bench (kind of a "Deacon's bench") for the Forest Preserve & Nature Center here in Will County.

So a few band names:

The Compost Bins

Dirty in the Deacon's Bench

The other Scout... Well this year he was leading the community team in building "bat boxes." We just mounted 3 of them, on Saturday, past the outfields of the local ballpark in town.

That band name:

Max & The Bat Boxes

If you want to know what a bat box is:

Interesting fact, about 75 of those little bat buggers will pack into a "bat box."

Another name:

What Happens in The Bat Box, Stays in The Bat Box

bat-house-pole-raising2.jpg

211419_1.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EII: nice!

In high school, the father of our band's drummer always said we should be called "The Nice White Honor-Society Boys"

:-) Good one!

Two other community service projects done this year were:

The Buddy Bench*

Ripping Down the Cyclone Fenceline

Or shortened to just: Cyclone Fenchline

*Intetesting, I guess we have a thing for building benches.

Gets me thinking about brand names and home & garden items, especially from my youth. Not sure, names of products/companies are probably trademarked.

The Bilco Doors or just The Bilcos, just make sure band is headed by a guy name Bill. ;-)

Better than just "The Doors"... Because these are basement/cellar door enclosers, covers, etc...! :-/

I think i mentioned this in another band name thread a few years ago but it's a good story and it's about me so that makes it even better. I was in a band at 14. We were looking for a name. This was 1975 and we played mostly southern rock. We wanted a name that was something like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Our lead guitarist wanted Leon Washboard. :sick: So I was looking in the encyclopedia for guys' names from history. My mom pulls down her medical dictionary and starts to leaf through it. I had no idea what she was doing. The conversation:

Mom: How about Gyrus?

Me: What does it mean?

Mom: Convolutions of the brain

Me: What are convolutions?

Mom: Twisting

Me: Twisting of the brain?

Mom: Yes

Me: DONE!!!

Mom. You rock!! \m/