Batavia Bills???

Stupid idea! What's the long term goal here? Build a white elephant that Genesee County can't afford? The overtime for Genesee County Sheriffs department gets passed onto the tax payers for what 10 games? What tax revenue does it bring in? Who pays for the stadium? What happens to the dead stadium in Orchard Park? Who cleans up that site? Explain to me the benefits?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Batavia would be an additional 20 minute drive from the Peace Bridge. Undoubtedly, it would be 20 minutes LESS for untold fans coming from most points EAST of Buffalo.

Also, just think about the fact that, IF DESIGNED right, the flow in and out of the game could save many fans a ton of time they now spend in stop and go traffic.

The sprawl afforded by a more rural location would allow for continued TAILGATING.

Batavia, NY might just be a GREAT place for the NEW STADIUM.

NOTE: For those worried about having to change the name of the team, there can be a stipulation that the team KEEPS the name Orchard Park Bills.

Stupid idea! What's the long term goal here? Build a white elephant that Genesee County can't afford? The overtime for Genesee County Sheriffs department gets passed onto the tax payers for what 10 games? What tax revenue does it bring in? Who pays for the stadium? What happens to the dead stadium in Orchard Park? Who cleans up that site? Explain to me the benefits?

So, you are a Bills Fan just as long as YOUR TAX DOLLARS don't have to support them? HA HA HA HA HA....

Interesting.

Batavia would be an additional 20 minute drive from the Peace Bridge. Undoubtedly, it would be 20 minutes LESS for untold fans coming from most points EAST of Buffalo.

Also, just think about the fact that, IF DESIGNED right, the flow in and out of the game could save many fans a ton of time they now spend in stop and go traffic.

The sprawl afforded by a more rural location would allow for continued TAILGATING.

NOTE: For those worried about having to change the name of the team, there can be a stipulation that the team KEEPS the name Orchard Park Bills.

So, you are a Bills Fan just as long as YOUR TAX DOLLARS don't have to support them? HA HA HA HA HA....

I live in NC but how many people live in Genesee County?

60,000 people. That's a tiny tax base to foot such a huge bill. It's easy to laugh at other people spending money.

What major industries are there to support such a venture? It's a rural county.

Batavia is a stupid idea. Your only thought process is tailgating.

Edited by KRT88

Batavia has lots of OPEN land and is right next to the thruway. Rochester - not so much!

I live in Rochester and I would LOVE to see the Bills new stadium in BATAVIA.

Also, I think if the Bills move, they should change their name right after the Jets and Giants do.

I live in Rochester also and there is land anywhere and everywhere if they wanted to build a stadium complex. Poor excuse. Build a stadium and leave them in Buffalo, it's where they belong.

Interesting.

Batavia is further than 20 minutes from the Peace bridge.

I live in Rochester also and there is land anywhere and everywhere if they wanted to build a stadium complex. Poor excuse. Build a stadium and leave them in Buffalo, it's where they belong.

Batavia is further than 20 minutes from the Peace bridge.

He said additional 20 minutes from Peace Bridge which is correct. Total drive time from Peace Bridge = about 40 minutes. Right now it takes you 20 minutes give or take to get from Peace bridge to Orchard Park stadium.

And it would save Rochester drivers and anyone east of Batavia about 45 minutes to an hour off their ride to the stadium depending on which route they currently take to get there.

Further than 20 minutes. The 90 toll at williamsville would be a horrific bottleneck.

I said it in the other thread, but a bills game is an all day event for most fans. 20 minutes of drive time isnt going to make a big difference... especially since ticket sales are not a current problem.

The only real possibilities are very likely downtown, adjacent to new era field, or a full renovation. Everything is right there in op. I dont believe there is enough benefit to building full infrastructure and campus anywhere else unless they are set on a downtown stadium.

Batavia is a stupid idea. Your only thought process is tailgating.

This is the second post you wrote stupid idea and dismissed others opinions.

Do you do this in real life interactions? Its a line drawn in the sand. The person you're conversing with only has two options, either drop out of the conversation completely to avoid escalation or match your intensity which changes the tone completely.

Otherwise your post seems well thought out, why end it with something that will assuredly turn a reader off?

Your thoughts are as valid as anyone else's. But that's all they are. Just thoughts on a football message board in the offseason.

Nothing more.

Your source is someone in Batavia saying the new stadium should be in Batavia and you think that means they would actually move there and be called the Batavia Bills? Wow

Exactly! And this isn't a new idea. IF they were to move within the greater Buffalo area, it wouldn't be to Batavia...there would be too many displaced cows as a result

I believe they were going to build the Lancaster Dome but they ended up in the OP

Yes. There were plans to build the stadium in Lancaster. Somewhere near Pavement and Walden I think (thereabouts). But it ended up in OP.

Edited by PolishDave

Exactly! And this isn't a new idea. IF they were to move within the greater Buffalo area, it wouldn't be to Batavia...there would be too many displaced cows as a result

....LMAO!......the demographic is way too small....hell even Wegmans won't build a store there.......there will be a 1,400 acre tech park that is just in the infancy planning stages with years to develop.......even if there is a substantial population increase, it falls well short of metro Buffalo, probably eliminates many Canadians which adds 1+ hours to their game day commute.....forget Rochester.......city has never supported teams with losing records through thick and thin like Buffalo....if the IL baseball club and/or AHL hockey team have losing records, they can't draw flies.............

Further than 20 minutes. The 90 toll at williamsville would be a horrific bottleneck.

I said it in the other thread, but a bills game is an all day event for most fans. 20 minutes of drive time isnt going to make a big difference... especially since ticket sales are not a current problem.

The only real possibilities are very likely downtown, adjacent to new era field, or a full renovation. Everything is right there in op. I dont believe there is enough benefit to building full infrastructure and campus anywhere else unless they are set on a downtown stadium.

Good post. The thruway could use a third lane between Rochester and Buffalo. When I went to the Stones concert a couple of summers ago the thruway was a disaster. The combination of an event at the Ralph and a concert at Darien Lake that evening had traffic at a standstill. I'm sure that traffic to and from Batavia on game days wouldn't be much better.

This is why the Rochester fan argument doesn't make much sense either. Attending a game consumes your entire Sunday. Any Rochesterian who isn't going to a Bills game because OP is "too far" isn't a very dedicated fan imo. I don't see a stadium in Batavia brining in thousands of more fans. Besides this franchise has been selling out the stadium every week already. The dedicated Rochester fans will show up regardless. The second group of people in Rochester will stay at home rooting on the Giants,Steelers,Cowboys etc. The third group will drive from Rochester when the Bills become cool again, that means winning. There are a lot of Bills fans in Rochester, but Buffalo is the only area that is one hundred percent uncontested Bills country. Any reasonable Bills fan in Rochester should know this, and therefore be willing to make the drive. Besides people from Rochester have always had to drive to Buffalo for most major events.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

....LMAO!......the demographic is way too small....hell even Wegmans won't build a store there.......there will be a 1,400 acre tech park that is just in the infancy planning stages with years to develop.......even if there is a substantial population increase, it falls well short of metro Buffalo, probably eliminates many Canadians which adds 1+ hours to their game day commute.....forget Rochester.......city has never supported teams with losing records through thick and thin like Buffalo....if the IL baseball club and/or AHL hockey team have losing records, they can't draw flies.............

LMAO!.... WHICH "demographic" are you referring to as being "too small"?

Also, Orchard Park does not support the Buffalo Bills. The entire REGION DOES. Likening a Sports Complex to a high end grocery story is just ludicrous. God know that you need to have more than 20,000 people in a town to support a grocery store - REALLY.

Frankly, I really do not care what they do about a stadium but some of your comments are downright embarrassing.

Good post. The thruway could use a third lane between Rochester and Buffalo. When I went to the Stones concert a couple of summers ago the thruway was a disaster. The combination of an event at the Ralph and a concert at Darien Lake that evening had traffic at a standstill. I'm sure that traffic to and from Batavia on game days wouldn't be much better.

This is why the Rochester fan argument doesn't make much sense either. Attending a game consumes your entire Sunday. Any Rochesterian who isn't going to a Bills game because OP is "too far" isn't a very dedicated fan imo. I don't see a stadium in Batavia brining in thousands of more fans. Besides this franchise has been selling out the stadium every week already. The dedicated Rochester fans will show up regardless. The second group of people in Rochester will stay at home rooting on the Giants,Steelers,Cowboys etc. The third group will drive from Rochester when the Bills become cool again, that means winning. There are a lot of Bills fans in Rochester, but Buffalo is the only area that is one hundred percent uncontested Bills country. Any reasonable Bills fan in Rochester should know this, and therefore be willing to make the drive. Besides people from Rochester have always had to drive to Buffalo for most major events.

....good show....1000% correct IMO....the regionalization plan is done....Toronto was never about fan base.....Brandon's idea to attract INVESTORS looking ahead to RW's eventual demise to keep team in the WNY region (IDEALLY Bflo)....not sure what the "Buffalo Billionaires List" looked like prior to Terry & Kim....Roch-Cha-Cha has Wegman and Golisano, neither of which were interested.....going west and the Canadian faithfuls are static....going east from Rochester is the same...SHAW 66 travels round trip from Connecticut for every home game....Batavia would not matter........

It is not about the drive to the stadium.

How many fans would love to bring their camper to the stadium for the weekend BUT THERE IS NO ROOM. Think about revenue gained from having a much larger camper/rv area.

If a stadium was built in a much more rural type area there is much more room for SPREAD. That spread would allow to set up roadways to accommodate the heavier traffic than does Orchard Park or downtown buffalo.

LMAO!.... WHICH "demographic" are you referring to as being "too small"?

Also, Orchard Park does not support the Buffalo Bills. The entire REGION DOES. Likening a Sports Complex to a high end grocery story is just ludicrous. God know that you need to have more than 20,000 people in a town to support a grocery store - REALLY.

Frankly, I really do not care what they do about a stadium but some of your comments are downright embarrassing.

...take a deep breath, slow down and do not embarrass your own damn self.....The Ralph (or Rich Stadium) was built in 1973, 34 years ago and is 18 minutes from Buffalo,a metro population of 1.134 MILLION....hope I didn't lose you YET....Batavia area has population of 60,000 which leads to my unsupportive demographic statement....Wegmans store location relies upon population AND income demographic..I believe an NFL franchise would do precisely the same...ok so far?.....so if the Bills historically average 52,000-60,000 season ticket holders a year, why the hell do they consider Batavia and explain where my comments were "embarrassing"......I'm thinking more of a comprehension issue.....should I dumb down "my defense"??......good Lord............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...take a deep breath, slow down and do not embarrass your own damn self.....The Ralph (or Rich Stadium) was built in 1973, 34 years ago and is 18 minutes from Buffalo,a metro population of 1.134 MILLION....hope I didn't lose you YET....Batavia area has population of 60,000 which leads to my unsupportive demographic statement....Wegmans store location relies upon population AND income demographic..I believe an NFL franchise would do precisely the same...ok so far?.....so if the Bills historically average 52,000-60,000 season ticket holders a year, why the hell do they consider Batavia and explain where my comments were "embarrassing"......I'm thinking more of a comprehension issue.....should I dumb down "my defense"??......good Lord............

I did not realize that you had to be a resident of Orchard Park to attend a Bills game. WOW do I feel embarrassed! :flirt:

Moving the team 40 miles away would in no way change WHO would attend a BILLS game.

Moving the stadium from Orchard Park to downtown Buffalo creates logistical issues that would be easier to address with more SPACE and an already easily accessible Thruway.

I am not sure why you felt the need to be condescending, it is not a good look on you.

I will give you all a meadcoin if that happens.

NO ONE - I repeat NO ONE has said that the Bills would be moving to Batavia, NY.

It is just being discussed. Speculating pros and cons.

Some people post to the message boards as if someone of great importance is going to read their post and it will influence the course of history.

FCOL - y'all take yourselves way too seriously!

I did not realize that you had to be a resident of Orchard Park to attend a Bills game. WOW do I feel embarrassed! :flirt:

Moving the team 40 miles away would in no way change WHO would attend a BILLS game.

Moving the stadium from Orchard Park to downtown Buffalo creates logistical issues that would be easier to address with more SPACE and an already easily accessible Thruway.

I am not sure why you felt the need to be condescending, it is not a good look on you.

...so why is Batavia a BETTER alternative to Orchard Park?......admittedly, I'm two filaments short of a bright light, but tell me the PROS and CONS to such a consideration...I have translators available.........