Is this one or two degrees of seperation?

Just Jack

My first real job in NYC, I worked with an IT guy who was a cool dude. One day when I was extolling the virtues of Boogie Nights, he let on that he hated Heather Graham. He went on to explain that Heather Graham had stolen his wife's high school boyfriend. "My wife hates her, so I hate her too," he said. I was quick to point out that, had Heather Graham not stolen his wife's boyfriend, he & his wife might never have met. But he just replied "I still hate her anyway."

My first real job in NYC, I worked with an IT guy who was a cool dude. One day when I was extolling the virtues of Boogie Nights, he let on that he hated Heather Graham. He went on to explain that Heather Graham had stolen his wife's high school boyfriend. "My wife hates her, so I hate her too," he said. I was quick to point out that, had Heather Graham not stolen his wife's boyfriend, he & his wife might never have met. But he just replied "I still hate her anyway."

Maybe he should be upset Heather Graham didn't steal him? Is that why he's REALLY mad? :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is a really a shame that people like this can get charges wiped out.

People still can be convicted in absentia so I am not sure WHY they can have charges wiped out.

I can think of many critical reasons why, outside the practical and legal ones of course. Go back in time, back in history when the societal thinking and order was much different than it may at times be today. Suicide is a pretty low and damning route to take, yet there is a certain amount of 'honor' (if I should really call it that) when the guilty does the deed to themselves. I know I can breathe a sigh of relief, but I still feel pity. They are still dead and guilty of themselves, be empathetic about that, give the family and their name peace. We aren't North Koreans.

"Lay to rest your soul and body

Lay beside your name

Lay to rest your rage

Your hunger and amazing grace** "

~Gleaned from: "River", Natalie Merchant

**"With the message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of sins committed and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognizable songs in the English-speaking world." ~Wiki (I know, but it defines it well), analysis of "Amazing Grace"

Honestly, IMO, one of the things that the gov't is getting "right."