Mets fans?

Another Fan

We didn’t actually fare that bad against the Yankees this year.  Maybe they treated these games as their World Series so to speak.

Back in 2013 when we swept them one arrogant Yankee fan told me this is all you guys get to really celebrate so enjoy it.  That always stuck with me!  

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

116 dingers all year long..and then tonight happens.

45 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

We didn’t actually fare that bad against the Yankees this year.  Maybe they treated these games as their World Series so to speak.

Back in 2013 when we swept them one arrogant Yankee fan told me this is all you guys get to really celebrate so enjoy it.  That always stuck with me!  

HRs will happen when you're playing in a little league park.  Mets just HAD to build a pitcher's park.

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Here in WNY,the fan base is around 65% Yankees...35% Metropolitans.I know far too much about baseball to get owned in any conversation that is revolved around the sport. If I have a Mets t-shirt and or a cap on and I hear "the Mets suck"...I just look and don't say a word,just keep to my business because the odds of having a intelligent conversation with a person like that are slim and none.That doesn't mean I never thought about delivering a blow to their face.....

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Here in WNY,the fan base is around 65% Yankees...35% Metropolitans.I know far too much about baseball to get owned in any conversation that is revolved around the sport. If I have a Mets t-shirt and or a cap on and I hear "the Mets suck"...I just look and don't say a word,just keep to my business because the odds of having a intelligent conversation with a person like that are slim and none.That doesn't mean I never thought about delivering a blow to their face.....

There’s no Indians or Blue Jay fans you come across?  Or are you just talking about Mets and Yankee fans.

I just ask because I think those two teams are geographically the closest 

31 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

There’s no Indians or Blue Jay fans you come across?  Or are you just talking about Mets and Yankee fans.

I just ask because I think those two teams are geographically the closest 

Some Jays fans,not many. When the Mets moved the AAA team here,most Bison fans shifted from the Indians to the Mets,those folks really dislike the yankees.As far as the bomber fans are concerned..we had a place up here called the Bronx Zoo....they actually had a sign up that said No Mets Fans Allowed,the place was a dump,fights,crap food etc. North Buffalo (italian)Is mostly Mets territory,that's where we hang out for a game every so often....where I am in Cheektowaga/Depew it's 50/50....South Buffalo and the West Side/Black Rock....that's ghetto yankeeville..keep in mind,we have many NYC transplants out this way.P.S.- Howard Simon and Sal Cap are big Mets fans.

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yankee fans were at their worst after their run of success around the turn of the century when their mantra was "Any season that doesn't end in a Word Series championship is a failure".  

I forgot to mention how much our fan base took it on the chin when the organization decided to pull the plug on us.The truth never came out but I heard it was because Robert Rich asked for one exhibition game to be played here every year (last spring game).I'm glad their coming back home next year to Syracuse....that Vegas move was a mistake from the beginning.

18 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I forgot to mention how much our fan base took it on the chin when the organization decided to pull the plug on us.The truth never came out but I heard it was because Robert Rich asked for one exhibition game to be played here every year (last spring game).I'm glad their coming back home next year to Syracuse....that Vegas move was a mistake from the beginning.

Logistically, alone, it was pure stupidity. 

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Logistically, alone, it was pure stupidity. 

And First Data holds 6k or so...Coca Cola Field.19 ish. The bullpens could have been moved off the field of play,if that was the straw that broke the camel's back.Buffalo would have sold out that one X game a year in a heartbeat...within hours.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I pay nearly 150 a month for Mets games and other regional sports channels and I have to sign up for Facebook to view a game. I refuse..and I won't bother to call my wife at work for her password. 

I thought they got their Facebook game out of the way in the first week of the season?

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yes...it's on FB,just the first game. Prospects is on SNY right now...the 7 o'clock game is on SNY. What a joke...

That's a bunch of horseshit.  It was only supposed to happen once.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's a bunch of horseshit.  It was only supposed to happen once.

Call 1-866-800-1275 which is the Mets Customer Service line.Today's game became the MLB Facebook Game of the week.Sure sounds like they can make the move whenever they want. It's about money,Gug.

Edited by Misterbluesky

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Well, it’s nice to see this team not roll over even when there isn’t anything to play for. Rosario, Nimmo, and Conforto have been hot.

Nimmo got injured in his second at bat, Hopefully he’s okay. 

I was just telling my boys the same thing.

Granted a lot of these guys are playing for their next contract, but they also haven't given up on the manager. Since I'm not a fan of Mickeys Clubhouse I'm not sure where I stand on that. But since I sense we are stuck with him for another year I guess it's a good thing.

BTW, the powder blue Phillies unis bring back memories....although I thought those were road colors.