Mets fans?

Another Fan

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not in favor of trading DeGrom, but I have to admit Coutinho's comments make sense. And the Yankees would seriously have to overpay for me to watch another ex-Met win a WS in the Bronx.  It's messed up how they have the best prospect and major league ready pool when 2-3 years ago they had nothing.

Well, they traded 2 top tier relievers in Chapman and Andrew Miller to two ball clubs going for it all that year and had to overpay. So, like we all are saying the Yankees will need to seriously overpay to get the services of deGrom whom also has 2 years of team control left. That is more than Chapman had who became a FA the next year and re-signed with the Skankees. 

On 4/13/2018 at 10:26 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Nice memory of the GS single, hadn't thought of that for awhile. That was before my kids time. Tomorrow they will know, so thanks for that Tier!

LAMP ALERT: read on at your own discretion:

Tomorrow is opening day for my youngest sons Little League Team. He is an above average ballplayer but with an off the charts love of playing and the game. He got hurt in practice the night before last and can't play tomorrow. He is crushed. Me too. Because there's is nothing better than watching him play and seeing his love for the game. 

Not sure how if it will work out but my plan is to have him coach first for an inning tomorrow.

Turning off the LAMP now.

11-1!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/14/2018 at 10:46 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Stop with the LAMP....I told you fellas about my father in law...it's life..we share things.We have a great group in here..if we need to share something..we should be able to do it in comfort.No worries!

It's been a disaster for the Mets since the 11-1 start the day before Little League opening day. Meanwhile, my sons team has had a great year. We had two nail-biter playoff wins this week. Last night, we were up 1-0, bottom 6, 2 out, man on 3rd, 1-2 count and they tied on a wild pitch. One freaking strike away...which came on the next pitch. Thought we were sunk (too much drama to detail)  but we won 3-1 in the 7th. Championship game Saturday morning. 

So here's my call: after Saturday when LL is over the Mets will get their early season groove back on! And I'll blame these past 2 months on my son. 

Love the game.

Lets Go Mets!

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Well, they traded 2 top tier relievers in Chapman and Andrew Miller to two ball clubs going for it all that year and had to overpay. So, like we all are saying the Yankees will need to seriously overpay to get the services of deGrom whom also has 2 years of team control left. That is more than Chapman had who became a FA the next year and re-signed with the Skankees. 

I'm still not on board but I get the thought process.

I'd stick to the plan of building around starting pitching. DeGrom is a stud. A healthy Thor is too. I think Lugo has potential but probably tops out as a #3. I could say the same about Matz and Wheeler but with less optimism.

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It's been a disaster for the Mets since the 11-1 start the day before Little League opening day. Meanwhile, my sons team has had a great year. We had two nail-biter playoff wins this week. Last night, we were up 1-0, bottom 6, 2 out, man on 3rd, 1-2 count and they tied on a wild pitch. One freaking strike away...which came on the next pitch. Thought we were sunk (too much drama to detail)  but we won 3-1 in the 7th. Championship game Saturday morning. 

So here's my call: after Saturday when LL is over the Mets will get their early season groove back on! And I'll blame these past 2 months on my son. 

Love the game.

Lets Go Mets!

Best of luck to him and his mates on Saturday morning!!! Self edit...I'm not with you fellas when it comes to trading both or either of our aces...no way,no how. You base a team around solid pitching. Just my two cents worth..

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Best of luck to him and his mates on Saturday morning!!! Self edit...I'm not with you fellas when it comes to trading both or either of our aces...no way,no how. You base a team around solid pitching. Just my two cents worth..

Thanks. Probably the best group of kids and coaches I've been around (in terms of demeanor) since winning started to matter.

I'm actually with you on the Mets pitching. Totally agree that's what you build around and I would not give up DeGrom or Syndegaard. The idea that we should trade one or both seems reactionary/impulsive to me. What I agree with is that if you go that route it better be for a kings ransom of proven or semi-proven talent.

Funny thing is, even at the Little League level it's all about pitching and setting up the pitchers due to pitch count limits. It's been interesting how our team and other teams have handled that in the playoffs. Both teams left have strong pitchers ineligible to pitch on Saturday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Thanks. Probably the best group of kids and coaches I've been around (in terms of demeanor) since winning started to matter.

I'm actually with you on the Mets pitching. Totally agree that's what you build around and I would not give up DeGrom or Syndegaard. The idea that we should trade one or both seems reactionary/impulsive to me. What I agree with is that if you go that route it better be for a kings ransom of proven or semi-proven talent.

Funny thing is, even at the Little League level it's all about pitching and setting up the pitchers due to pitch count limits. It's been interesting how our team and other teams have handled that in the playoffs. Both teams left have strong pitchers ineligible to pitch on Saturday.

I love the pitch count for the young lads that are still growing their body parts.Far too many parents want their boys to be elite...at too young of a age. I saw it happen when my nug was in Babe Ruth. ..I wouldn't tolerate it and needed a face to face with his manager...in addition,it's so important for the kids to respect what a teammate means...every kid on the bench should see the field at some point in every game IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I love the pitch count for the young lads that are still growing their body parts.Far too many parents want their boys to be elite...at too young of a age. I saw it happen when my nug was in Babe Ruth. ..I wouldn't tolerate it and needed a face to face with his manager...in addition,it's so important for the kids to respect what a teammate means...every kid on the bench should see the field at some point in every game IMO. 

Same wavelength Blue. Pitch counts save the kids from the coaches.

The bench issue was fun to navigate. Regular season everyone sat equally. Playoffs we kept the top 3 or 4 players on the field all game and rotated the rest. It got sketchy but overall they got it. Best part of this team was the top players rooting on the bottom of the order. Zero arrogance, total teammates. Nice to see. 

Mets are now 10.5 out and their starting pitching has been (I believe) the best in the league since May.

I am now 100% calling for Callaway to be fired.  Like today.

I cannot remember a time in my entire life as a Mets fan (1983) that I wanted a manager fired during the season.  MAYBE Dallas Green. 

He does not have the respect of the players and the way they're playing shows it.  I want him out.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Mets are now 10.5 out and their starting pitching has been (I believe) the best in the league since May.

I cannot remember a time in my entire life as a Mets fan (1983) that I wanted a manager fired during the season.  MAYBE Dallas Green. 

He does not have the respect of the players and the way they're playing shows it.  I want him out.

We all know the players respect a guy that is currently in the front office...just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

You’re correct. The Mets have had the best starting pitching since May and the excuses for the anemic offense have been coming out of Mickey’s mouth just as long as that. I’m not sure why Mickey hasn’t tried to save face and at least fire the hitting coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

You’re correct. The Mets have had the best starting pitching since May and the excuses for the anemic offense have been coming out of Mickey’s mouth just as long as that. I’m not sure why Mickey hasn’t tried to save face and at least fire the hitting coach. 

I'm done with Callaway.  I won't stop watching/rooting for the Mets - never have, never will. 

But he needs to go.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm done with Callaway.  I won't stop watching/rooting for the Mets - never have, never will. 

But he needs to go.

I agree, he’s at the point where he has to show me something to have faith in him as the skipper going forward. I just think it’s odd he hasn’t done anything since usually desperate coaches will fire a coach in an attempt to save his own ass. Which makes me believe he’s been told by the Coupons and Sandy he’s safe. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I agree, he’s at the point where he has to show me something to have faith in him as the skipper going forward. I just think it’s odd he hasn’t done anything since usually desperate coaches will fire a coach in an attempt to save his own ass. Which makes me believe he’s been told by the Coupons and Sandy he’s safe. 

Not sure about that. The whispers are that Sandy is on thin ice. A talk radio guy recently acted like it was a foregone conclusion that this was his last year and they have Minaya waiting in the wings. Maybe, maybe not, but I definitely made a mental note of both.

A lot of folks are looking for a scorched earth approach. Dump the manager and any player you can including DeGrom and/or Syndegaard. How about a baby step: dump the batting coach and Reyes outright. Send Conforto to the minors. Do it all on the same day. Make a statement. Show that you care. The acceptance of the past two months is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not sure about that. The whispers are that Sandy is on thin ice. A talk radio guy recently acted like it was a foregone conclusion that this was his last year and they have Minaya waiting in the wings. Maybe, maybe not, but I definitely made a mental note of both.

A lot of folks are looking for a scorched earth approach. Dump the manager and any player you can including DeGrom and/or Syndegaard. How about a baby step: dump the batting coach and Reyes outright. Send Conforto to the minors. Do it all on the same day. Make a statement. Show that you care. The acceptance of the past two months is ridiculous. 

Yeah, I’m up for trading DeGrom only if Sandy is not here to execute the trade and the haul is absolutely ridiculous that it would put us in contention in the next year or two, but I rather keep him. Players like Thor and deGrom are ones you build around but the constant ineptitude of Sandy and the entire organization to develop players are wasting deGrom’s prime. 

Im not sure about the whole Sandy getting the axe or stepping down. He’s willing to take the shots from the media and fans while the Wilponzies get to lurk in the shadows and take no heat. That’s my point of view. Plus, we’ve been through the Minaya show before not sure that’s the right direction to take. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, I’m up for trading DeGrom only if Sandy is not here to execute the trade and the haul is absolutely ridiculous that it would put us in contention in the next year or two, but I rather keep him. Players like Thor and deGrom are ones you build around but the constant ineptitude of Sandy and the entire organization to develop players are wasting deGrom’s prime. 

Im not sure about the whole Sandy getting the axe or stepping down. He’s willing to take the shots from the media and fans while the Wilponzies get to lurk in the shadows and take no heat. That’s my point of view. Plus, we’ve been through the Minaya show before not sure that’s the right direction to take. 

I like that Sandy is taking ownership for this season.  I just sorta get the vibes from him though he doesn't want to rebuild.  I remember him saying something of the sort How do you know rebuilds will work?  He's kind of always struck me more as a Moneyball type of guy.

But how much control does Sandy really have?  I tend to think there's a lot of pass the buck down to Sandy from this faceless ownership.  You didn't have to be a Yankees fan or hell even like baseball to know who George Steinbrenner was.  The last time I remember the Wilpons answering questions from the media was when Omar and Manuel were fired.  As long as these clowns are owners this is always going to go on

If you want a laugh, check out the audio from June 15:  "Hour 1: Time for the Mets to Blow it Up" from 7:50 to 8:20.

EDIT: Oops forgot the link, this is like the attachments to emails that I forget to attach:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/the-afternoon-drive-with-carlin-bart-and-maggie/

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I like that Sandy is taking ownership for this season.  I just sorta get the vibes from him though he doesn't want to rebuild.  I remember him saying something of the sort How do you know rebuilds will work?  He's kind of always struck me more as a Moneyball type of guy.

But how much control does Sandy really have?  I tend to think there's a lot of pass the buck down to Sandy from this faceless ownership.  You didn't have to be a Yankees fan or hell even like baseball to know who George Steinbrenner was.  The last time I remember the Wilpons answering questions from the media was when Omar and Manuel were fired.  As long as these clowns are owners this is always going to go on

Yeah, I saw that Sandy said a rebuild is out of the question. I’m just tired of Sandy at this point. He’s been the GM for 9 years now and we’ve had maybe 5-6 months of good baseball? He needs to take ownership. He constructed this team and he thought it could win and contend, scary. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, I saw that Sandy said a rebuild is out of the question. I’m just tired of Sandy at this point. He’s been the GM for 9 years now and we’ve had maybe 5-6 months of good baseball? He needs to take ownership. He constructed this team and he thought it could win and contend, scary. 

Please explain the Conlon moves to me.