Mets fans?

Another Fan

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My dream (pipe dream, I know) is Valentine coming back.

Yup, very under appreciated. His OF was Benny Agbayani, Jay Payton, and Derek Bell in the 2000 season when he took them to the WS. I always thought we were the better team that year but I was also 13 and being unmercifully tortured by the Yankees fans in my school. :lol:

Bobby V's all time record with the Mets. 

Team                From         To Regular season record Post–season record
W L Win % W L Win %
New York Mets 1996 2002  536 467     .534           13 11 .542
Edited by Captain Murica

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It sure would be interesting to see how he would adapt to today's game....shifts,pitchers hitting 8th,starters throwing less,fewer stolen base attempts..etc.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Careful what you wish for.  He did come back to manage the Red Sox in 2012 and that was a historically bad season for them.

I do miss his teams though 

45 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Careful what you wish for.  He did come back to manage the Red Sox in 2012 and that was a historically bad season for them.

I do miss his teams though 

The Red Sox set him up for failure.  That was a shitshow from the beginning.  I'd take him back faster than Familia can blow a save.

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Great point brought up on the postgame....where was Cespedes tonight?  Something is up.

Staying healthy so they can trade his steroid-ruined ass.

Just now, Gugny said:

Staying healthy so they can trade his steroid-ruined ass.

There was no reason why he shouldn't have been in the dugout tonight.I'm beginning to wonder what kind of working out he's doing down there,if any.I haven't seen any footage of him jogging/running.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

There was no reason why he shouldn't have been in the dugout tonight.I'm beginning to wonder what kind of working out he's doing down there,if any.I haven't seen any footage of him jogging/running.

Saw Dicomo tweet something out earlier that all he has been doing is physical therapy nothing else. I totally forgot he’s on the team. 

Also, why are they using this kid Oswalt when Lugo is in the pen doing nothing? I know they want him in the pen but don’t you think if you need an emergency start you’d use him, hes on 4 days rest as of today.  The level stupidity of this organization from top to bottom is comical at this point. We are 5-21 in our last 26. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Saw Dicomo tweet something out earlier that all he has been doing is physical therapy nothing else. I totally forgot he’s on the team. 

Also, why are they using this kid Oswalt when Lugo is in the pen doing nothing? I know they want him in the pen but don’t you think if you need an emergency start you’d use him, hes on 4 days rest as of today.  The level stupidity of this organization from top to bottom is comical at this point. We are 5-21 in our last 26. 

The level of stupidity is, indeed, comical.  But I put it squarely on Callaway.  He's made a hundred head-scratching moves from day one.  The first 12 games were a fluke.  He is a horrible manager.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Today's loss was pathetic.  You can find me a past Mets team with a worse record at this time of the season.  But you canNOT find me a past Mets team that has played this poorly.  It's horrible baseball. 

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Today's loss was pathetic.  You can find me a past Mets team with a worse record at this time of the season.  But you canNOT find me a past Mets team that has played this poorly.  It's horrible baseball. 

Yeah man.  I saw the statistic they flashed it was the Mets worst June in franchise history and their third worst month record wise in franchise history.  Crazy to think they never even had this bad a month in the inaugural season.

I have to wonder if Mickey actually wants to be fired.  I know there's an image he has to project of having things in control but he seems genuinely unaffected/unstressed by all this.  Well at least to me.  All he really says is we'll climb out of this or we'll keep fighting.  I mean wasn't a big fan of but Willie Randolph always seemed to me to be super stressed even when the team was winning. 

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah man.  I saw the statistic they flashed it was the Mets worst June in franchise history and their third worst month record wise in franchise history.  Crazy to think they never even had this bad a month in the inaugural season.

I have to wonder if Mickey actually wants to be fired.  I know there's an image he has to project of having things in control but he seems genuinely unaffected/unstressed by all this.  Well at least to me.  All he really says is we'll climb out of this or we'll keep fighting.  I mean wasn't a big fan of but Willie Randolph always seemed to me to be super stressed even when the team was winning. 

Keith/Gary/Ron have been subtly blasting Callaway for days.  No one respects the guy; especially the players.  Frazier making a baserunning error?  Really???  Conforto doesn't even swing the !@#$ing bat any more.  The team is just a hot mess and they're playing like they are miserable.

• Like (+1) 1