who are the top DT available

Guest BackInDaDay

TD is doing this right. We have a solid all-pro DT, and two young up and coming DTs.

Let Pat get some offers and weigh them. I think both parties want a deal done, but PW owes it to himself to see what he can do on the open market. If someone does makes him an offer he can't refuse, wish him well.

PW filled some large shoes when we let Ted Washington go.

I hope he stays, but his replacement(s) are already on the roster.

Who are the top DT's available.  I don't think the Bills are going to sign Patty back.  TOO MUCH MONEY!!!! :blink:

257776[/snapback]

tHis is my first and last "crusade" on this. I liek the 4 3 better, but we may be headed to the 3 4. That means Pat wont be replaced. I said this in my post on the attitude of the BIlls.

Pat is #1. Chris Hovan is #7. That's a pretty big dropoff in production.

TD thinks PW is worth about 4M/yr. PW's agent thinks he's worth 5. We will find out what other GM's think in the next couple days or hours.

An extra million or 2 sounds like alot before relocating to a metro market.

Does anyone else always luau when pronouncing his name? Sape

Anderson played very little last year and is a real mystery going into next season. Edwards started as a rookie and played poorly. He has shown some pass rushing ability but I have my doubts as to whether he can be an every down player.

DT is a crucial position and losing Williams will hurt.

I dont think we sign anyone...we didnt draft Tim Anderson for nothing last year.  And Ron Edwards really came on in 2004, I think we'll be fine at DT.  Save the money for our O-Line.

257792[/snapback]

I agree. If anything you may see a lower priced vet brought prior to training camp just in case Anderson is not ready to step it up to the next level.

LT and LG are the areas of need!

They will sign no one because there aren't any good ones left out there. Edwards and Anderson who wasn't even good enough to suit up for 12 games are our replacements. I like Edwards and hope he can step in for the year.