Make your case for drafting a player. I am 100% objective.

To me, OJ Howard seems like a no-brainer. Super-versatile receiving TE, who can also block well. They'd be getting a 6'6" #2 WR who can also help in line on the right side. When Alabama decided to use him, he shined against top competition. Super quick and gets great separation. The offense could really force defenses into bad situations with Sammy, Clay, Howard, and Shady on the field, along with Tyrod as an additional running threat.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

I like Reddick, but Whaley has never used a 1st round selection on a player from a non-power 5 school, which makes me think Foster is the target if they stay put, and Cunningham if they trade down.

I like Reddick, but Whaley has never used a 1st round selection on a player from a non-power 5 school, which makes me think Foster is the target if they stay put, and Cunningham if they trade down.

McDermott will not sign off on Foster with his off-field antics. I do really like Foster though, but just don't see any "character issue" guys being drafted by us this year.

McDermott will not sign off on Foster with his off-field antics. I do really like Foster though, but just don't see any "character issue" guys being drafted by us this year.

Outside of an isolated incident at the combine, what antics are we talking about?

Outside of an isolated incident at the combine, what antics are we talking about?

That's all I know of, but see that as enough to pass in my opinion. If you can't act like a professional anywhere, especially in a place like the combine, then there is no place on my roster for guys like that.

What an incident, though... Sounds like an annoying person with potential to be a huge bust.

There were several people that came out and said basically not to make an excuse for him, but the medical day is incredibly long and frustrating. Especially when you're doing MRI's and the like. Seemed like those with more intimate knowledge of the process didn't condone, but understood.

There were several people that came out and said basically not to make an excuse for him, but the medical day is incredibly long and frustrating. Especially when you're doing MRI's and the like. Seemed like those with more intimate knowledge of the process didn't condone, but understood.

You have got to be kidding me? Your excuse for his behavior is that he had a long day? LMFAO!!!

Chad Kelly. Definitely worth a 5th round gamble. He has the chance to be a franchise QB. No other pick that late in the draft has the potential to make that much of an impact. Yes, I know he could go the other way. That's why it's called a gamble.

Agreed. Expecting the majority of positions to pan out from the 5th round on is a reach. However, Chad Kelly's issues were immaturity off the field and his current injuries. The talent IS there and he has debatably one of the strongest arms out of the QB crop this year. Let everyone else draft early on this bunch and take a shot at Chad. He will have the opportunity to sit back and learn. No pressure.

Hopefully a few teams reach on QB, we trade back in the first and take BPA.

You have got to be kidding me? Your excuse for his behavior is that he had a long day? LMFAO!!!

I'm more concerned with your reading comprehension than his combine incident. It's one incident. He's not had trouble off the field, with police, with guns, with girlfriends, all despite his family situation being much less than ideal. He surrounded himself with a support system he trusted and he is an incredible player.

We play the Pats twice a season and most teams win with solid defense, to ensure we have a solid rotation of great pass rushers draft DE Solomon Thomas from Stanford. Denver won a SB basically with QB management and a vicious pass rush... Draft Thomas then you have Williams/Dareus on the interior DL with Washington backing them up and Lawson/Hughes and Thomas in rotation at the ends. We don't have a franchise QB but we could have a dominant defense to make up for it, draft a CB in round 2 ( A guy like Moreau from UCLA, King or Lewis).