Whaley has done one heck of a job, except QB

Look, I'd like to see DW succeed in Buffalo, he's young, likes working in the region, and was schooled in the Steelers org, but I can't understand how fans can point to our recent overall record, the unsuccessfulness of our 2 decade situation, and then claim anybody associated currently with Buffalo Bills management is doing 'one heck of a job'

Just saying...

jc

I just can't believe how people can continue to blame the current staff for the failings of an organization they had nothing to do with over the last decade or so.

RALPH WILSON ran the show and had Brandon on a short leash (as he did everyone else that worked for this team).

Word is RALPH WILSON was responsible for GM Bill Polian leaving.

Until the Pegulas purchased this team Brandon worked for the WILSON family.

When will this twenty year **** stop?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

2013 - zero players retained

2014 - 1 maybe 2 players retained

No.

How is 2014 only one maybe when we have Sammy? Is Sammy a FA we don't know about and leaving? Do ever not post false narratives to see what ever opinion you have?

I just can't believe how people can continue to blame the current staff for the failings of an organization they had nothing to do with over the last decade or so.

RALPH WILSON ran the show and had Brandon on a short leash (as he did everyone else that worked for this team).

When it appears there is a new sheriff in town.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The 49ers were one play away from winning the Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick. Texans have made it to the playoffs with nothing at QB. Broncos won the Super Bowl when Peyton Manning was a bottom half QB in the league. Chiefs consistently get to the playoffs with Alex Smith. Eagles did it with Nick Foles. Bills haven't finished in the top 8 during the drought. The QB excuse is ridiculous. Like others have said, Whaley is better than Marv and Russ when they were the GM's, but debatable whether he was better than Buddy, who was pretty bad.

I also find it funny how the Russ kept it unclear as to who was the GM when Marv stepped down so people couldn't assess blame as well as trying to muddy the waters on who is responsible for EJ. Complete joke. The fact that the Pegula's never cleaned house and gave Russ a promotion is bull **** as well.

The 49ers were one play away from winning the Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick. Texans have made it to the playoffs with nothing at QB. Broncos won the Super Bowl when Peyton Manning was a bottom half QB in the league. Chiefs consistently get to the playoffs with Alex Smith. Eagles did it with Nick Foles. Bills haven't finished in the top 8 during the drought. The QB excuse is ridiculous. Like others have said, Whaley is better than Marv and Russ when they were the GM's, but debatable whether he was better than Buddy, who was pretty bad.

I also find it funny how the Russ kept it unclear as to who was the GM when Marv stepped down so people couldn't assess blame as well as trying to muddy the waters on who is responsible for EJ. Complete joke. The fact that the Pegula's never cleaned house and gave Russ a promotion is bull **** as well.

You're using the Broncos and their #1 defense as an example the Bills should follow?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Russ Brandon has been running the show since Ralph stepped aside. Pretty much since Donahoe left. Brandon is more responsible than anyone for the drought. He is a piece of **** and if I see him in public, I'll punch him in the face.

On paper these last few years, we may have had the most talent on this roster since the Super Bowl teams. Unfortunately we don't have number 12 behind center.

It always comes down to QB. I would draft one this year in first 3 rounds just to have another option if Tyrod doesn't finally step up.

However you are only as good as your QB in this league and if things continue not to workout at that position. Whaley has to go.

:mellow::cry::D

Dude, stop....

PLZ.

On paper these last few years, we may have had the most talent on this roster since the Super Bowl teams. Unfortunately we don't have number 12 behind center.

It always comes down to QB. I would draft one this year in first 3 rounds just to have another option if Tyrod doesn't finally step up.

However you are only as good as your QB in this league and if things continue not to workout at that position. Whaley has to go.

Whither Wide Receiver?

How many receivers have we been through since Whaley took over? His record in that department stinks on ice.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Also the Pegula's aren't to blame for 20 years, but they are to blame for keeping Brandon in power.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You're using the Broncos and their #1 defense as an example the Bills should follow?

You and others are trying to excuse Whaley's failures with"But he doesn't have a QB." It's bull ****. Teams go from the bottom to the playoffs in 2-3 years regularly, some with **** at QB. You can make all the excuses you want but so far Whaley is a failure. If he doesn't do it this year he can get the hell out. Sick of these losers getting every excuse in the book.

You and others are trying to excuse Whaley's failures with"But he doesn't have a QB." It's bull ****. Teams go from the bottom to the playoffs in 2-3 years regularly, some with **** at QB. You can make all the excuses you want but so far Whaley is a failure. If he doesn't do it this year he can get the hell out. Sick of these losers getting every excuse in the book.

Maybe you should quote someone else? I haven't excused Whaley at all. Try quoting someone else and don't put words in my mouth.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Maybe you should quote someone else? I haven't excused Whaley at all. Try quoting someone else and don't put words in my mouth.

I'll put words in your mouth and you'll like it.

I consider Whaley decent enough. We had two different schemes, Marrone and Rex, from 2013-present. When that happens usually a handful of drafted players still remain on the team.

The McDermott hire is a plus.

Leslie Frazier will get the Defense in check.

The Hyde signing is probably one of the less talked about in he sports world. Great signing! A lot of fans don't dig Tyrod getting resigned, but the guy has heart and was the best option for this team.

People bash Whaley. I get it. We all want him to be like Polian. I remember Gil Brandt discuss in order to be a great GM you have to hit on an elite QB. Having the QB usually prepares the team to BPA in the draft.

Alas seeing Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks, Steelers, Giants and Broncos getting rings the past decade.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Same stuff being posted here like on BBMB...man I can't wait for the season to get here. Having to listen to this agin for six months is going to suck. Hopefully this draft will quiet people down. Not crossing my fingers though.

This has been his best FA period, imo. I really didn't think we'd be able to do anything, but he did a nice job of clearing cap and bringing in a lot of depth. If the can sign Brown, it really narrows down what they need to address in the draft.