Find me a tall receiver after the 2nd but before the 5th

Powell, Listenbee and Butler are all under 6'5" and, as I recall, are from southern schools.

I know that much. All I'm saying is that there's 9 WR's on the roster right now. Add to that 4 TE's and you're at 13 pass catchers. Whether we as fans WANT another big receiver or not is pretty irrelevant to what the team appears to be doing. They also sign Dimarco and Tolbert and specifically say they're here to catch passes. At the end of the day, the team is only throwing for just over 200 yards a game with Tyrod at QB. More pass-catchers to me is just silly.

Zay Jones but he'll go before the 3rd. So will Chris Godwin probably.

Isiah Ford isn't a huge WR but is known for his body control and making great catches down the field. Malachi Dupre is tall and has upside.

Others like Josh Malone (trouble against press coverage), Bug Howard, Josh Reynolds, Darboh (Hands?), Amba Etta Tawo, J.Smith Schuster could all be options here. Sleepers like Golladay, Robert Davis, Jerome Lane, J.Robinette, Q.Ayebedejo could all be interesting later in the draft.

Isiah Ford ran slow at the combine (4.61) but improved it at his pro day (4.51). Dude was great at VT - silky smooth with, as you say, great body control - very much shades of Lynn Swan. At times was a man amongst boys - uncoverable.

He's thin and a little slow so with this loaded WR class, should fall to 3rd round. PLAYMAKER.

I think, that if you check the team bylaws, you'll find that when there is an opening in the area (which there is) the team is required to select a very fast....very small...receiver who can't stay on the field in the second or third round.

Hence the reason why we should defer our traditional draft protocal and select a fast, tall, smart, worldly, sure handed, northern climate, bare handed receiver with short hair after the second but before the fifth round. Doug has some work to do but don't overthink it.

Thank you.

We have like 5 of these "find me" threads. Hop on Google and the Draft sites.

Be nice....

I would look for Cherkooski out of Boston College. Played in a similar climate, sometimes wears gloves, and can move around the formation. He should be there in the 5th. Hes pretty tall, especially when standing next to midgets.

Another guy on my radar and probably no one else's is Phyzel Williams. Played his ball in North Dakota. This 6'6" specimen has all the measurables. He has a 7 foot wingspan and a hypothetical catch radius that makes Megatron look like TJ Graham jump-catching a ball of yarn between his knees. Phyzel dominated the backstroke in college too, which is shocking, I know, but he looks just as fluid on the field.

Intriguing

I thought for sure we had a few comp picks remaining. Pretty sure we have some "rollover" comp picks from 2014-15. We didn't use them all.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Comp picks "roll over" somehow? I have never heard of that, why would a team not use them? Can anyone shed light on this, how do you find out what comp picks a team has?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Comp picks "roll over" somehow? I have never heard of that, why would a team not use them? Can anyone shed light on this, how do you find out what comp picks a team has?

"Roll over" comp picks are seldom used but it makes sense. If, in a given year, you already have sufficient depth at say OL and the rest of the draft pool is shallow, you can waive use of a comp pick and roll it over to the following year (pretty sure that's how it works).

"Roll over" comp picks are seldom used but it makes sense. If, in a given year, you already have sufficient depth at say OL and the rest of the draft pool is shallow, you can waive use of a comp pick and roll it over to the following year (pretty sure that's how it works).

That's not how it works. I'm pretty sure it's use it or lose it.

That's not how it works. I'm pretty sure it's use it or lose it.

I specifically recall a team a few years ago being told they were on the clock with a comp pick and they held up a white card (meaning they chose not to use that pick). The draft moved on but they kep the pick for the following year. Anyone else remember this "rollover comp pick"??

I specifically recall a team a few years ago being told they were on the clock with a comp pick and they held up a white card (meaning they chose not to use that pick). The draft moved on but they kep the pick for the following year. Anyone else remember this "rollover comp pick"??

I think that's how they got Easily, right? Or was it the year after because he was injured and they were thin at WR?

I think that's how they got Easily, right? Or was it the year after because he was injured and they were thin at WR?

It was something like that. It may have been the Bills. As I recall, we were stocked with WR and didn't have a need to use the comp pick that prior year. The following year, we used it for Easely so, in fact, the comp pick "rolled over". I'm waiting for Bellichick or someone to start rolling their comp picks over for four or five years and then trade them all some year for a first rounder.

It was something like that. It may have been the Bills. As I recall, we were stocked with WR and didn't have a need to use the comp pick that prior year. The following year, we used it for Easely so, in fact, the comp pick "rolled over". I'm waiting for Bellichick or someone to start rolling their comp picks over for four or five years and then trade them all some year for a first rounder.

Of course Belichick would be the one to do that.