When Mcdermott says..."earning the right to win" he's righ

Billsfed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does invoking Jim Kelly relate to earning the right to win? As great as Jim was I never felt he fully committed to his craft. I also don't believe Club Marv was the best coaching strategy either. If that Bills team had the kind of discipline that I think Coach McDermott is going to bring, they might have been 6X Super Bowl champs. (89-94)

...hard to disagree Promo.....McCoach seems to be a no nonsense, straight shooter......hires experienced DC and OC......seems like HE has established control over the roster ("if I'm responsible for between the stripes, don't tell ME who will be there") to fit it with offensive and defensive philosophies his staff want to run....no Train Wrecks Clown Show...no Dopey Dickie Jauron Club Med.....no "re-tiring Marv" with new Firestones....just football business....Marrone was hell bent on changing the culture and rightfully so...BUT....his General Patton dictatorial approach alienated players, staff and OBD brass....McCoach strikes me as a balanced "fair but firm" type.....and I think with the Pegulas being enamored with the kid that the message to Whaley is work with him or work elsewhere......kinda like Regier's pink slip...stay tuned...........

37. Loving thurm, dre, jim, bruce, and biscuit comes with a heavy price tag.

players coach vs disciplinarian time ?

Both methods have worked no ?

Both methods work when you have players with "football character." I suspect those are the kinds of players McD prefers to stock his roster with.

It ain't about being boy scouts , choir boys, or good Christian men. It's about the self sacrifice required to get the job done. All year long, and in every facet.

Kelly wasn't the football god that everyone seems to be annointing him as..

He was above average, to great at times.

Four trips with no jewelry says otherwise.

Promo said it well.

Honestly I think thats why Thurman andbJam stayed they love the way they can do no wrong in this city. I

Both methods work when you have players with "football character." I suspect those are the kinds of players McD prefers to stock his roster with.

It ain't about being boy scouts , choir boys, or good Christian men. It's about the self sacrifice required to get the job done. All year long, and in every facet.

That's the biggest change this team and organization needs. For that to truly happen some big names are going to be going elsewhere as soon as their contacts allow it. I said earlier this offseason your highest paid players need to be more than just good at football on the rare occasion they feel like playing.

37. Loving thurm, dre, jim, bruce, and biscuit comes with a heavy price tag.

players coach vs disciplinarian time ?

Both methods have worked no ?

Okay. You'd have been 9 in 89. Just old enough to have an idea what was going on.

If Alex Smith went to 4 straight super bowls, would they let him in?

Not comparing the two, just want to see what y'all think.

Talk to me when he does, then we'll go over this. If you aren't comparing the two, oh never mind.

Love Jim Kelly but he's not a top 10 QB. You're out of your mind.

It's subjective. I think he's top 10. I may be dopey, but not out of my mind.