Cowboys DE - Ryan Davis Signs with the Bills

GoBills!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of guy that will be of tremendous value. He is someone that has gotten a QB pressure every eight snaps as a rotational defender. He plays very well out of the wide 9 on pass rushing downs, and can even rotate inside to 3tech or 4i. Very versatile with a bevy of pass rush moves. Check out more here.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/03/free-agent-signing-dl-ryan-davis/

from our friend at Cover1

hahaah appreciate it!

Considering Shaq is a raw rookie with only 7-8 NFL games under his belt, and Hughes can be weak vs the run, this is a terrific FA addition, IMO maybe the best FA signing of this off season, plus his versatility is a plus

jc

Considering Shaq is a raw rookie with only 7-8 NFL games under his belt, and Hughes can be weak vs the run, this is a terrific FA addition, IMO maybe the best FA signing of this off season, plus his versatility is a plus

jc

I find it amazing how you say Poyer isn't a good addition because he's been a career back up but Davis is our best

addition who is also a career back up. Poyer has won a starting position at least and versatile just like Davis. Davis has been a healthy scratch on game days 50% of his career.

Wacky there Wilocam....

Edited by Teeflebees

I think it says "upper northeast", which I didn't know was a thing.

The article originally said "upper northwest." He must have edited it after someone gave him a geography lesson.

@salsports

Davis: There were other teams, but Buffalo is "a great football city." Said he had dinner with Whaley and Monos and "it was a no-brainer"

Tempo??

I think that he means McDermott and Frazier. What we've learned so far this offseason is that the good personnel decisions belong to McDermott and the bad to Whaley. Who is/was responsible for the signings is subject to change depending on their play.

Well we disagree Teffle, I have not seen the $$$ committed on Davis yet, but if DW had signed him to be our DE starter, I would be as equally critical because like Poyer, Davis is clearly not an NFL starter, but we didn't, I think its clear to most Davis will be a rotational sub, and hopefully a decent one at that

Unfort at over 3.25M a year, and I think I nearly chocked when I typed that, at that $$$ Poyer is clearly not just a rotational sub, he's getting starter money, and based on his very un-prolific career to date, I think its a huge downgrade from what we've had on the field the last couple of years, since Poyer was only a ST teams player for 75% of his short career, and in the 6 games he started at S, he was among the worst rated starters in the NFL, bottom of the barrel

So nothing whacky there at Teffle....

Folks will say DW found Lorax and Brown last year, so Poyer, Hyde, others will all be 'diamonds in the rough', no they won't, for every Lorax and Brown signed, there's a whack of Anderson's, Velasco's, Drey's, Moore's, Blanton's that don't work out, no matter how many fan pages are dedicated doc claiming stab the time its a great signing, the reality is DW ratio of success in FA signings is still under 25%, maybe even only 20%, which might be a very solid hit ratio for an NFL GM, that's the actual probability of each signing actually contributing or working out

I think Poyer will not work out but Davis will, and I'm on the fence on Hyde, depends if he's the nickel CB, he'll do fine there, but as our starting safety with Poyer? Nope, IMO its a major downgrade, but we will see....

jc