Weird or Normal

It's true. They are usually overly nice. But you get the impression that if you were to do something that crossed them, they would be stomping off to management behind your back in order to get you fired. That is why it is best to not interact with a person such as this. There is usually some darkness or bitterness lurking underneath.

So my point is, only interact with the hot receptionist that is very flirty that you might have a slight chance with.

Funny story about this. I used to work with a woman who had a virtual shrine to her cat in her office. She had a mouse pad made up with a picture of her cat. All kinds of stuff.

I was going through some old memory cards (for cameras) that I have an on one of them I found a ton of pictures of her shrine. She had used the office digital camera to document her shrine. Hilarious. This was 6 years ago and in a different job, so I had flashbacks when I saw them.

257184[/snapback]

true story:

this 45-ish lady we used to work with was a horse and dog lover, probably literally. Any conversation was about the dog/horse. she would call off for the day; dog was sick.

Take off early; Horse was getting groomed. Be very late to work; Dog drank a chemical. etc.

Cube packed with pics of the animals and her. Never another human in sight and never mentioned ever knowing one outside of work. Her dog's name was Ruffles.

She came into work once with a broken arm. She tripped over Ruffles and fell off her porch.

I swear, this is no lie, she would call the dog at lunch time and talk to it through the anwering machine.

Well one day she didn't show up. No phone call either. A day later, we found out she died. (not animal related)

But anyway, the one dark funny part of this story: our boss, an very quiet old fellow walks in and we told him that she passed away. We were known for joking mercilessly and he expected this was another joke. He comes back quickly as he turned to go to his office "I knew Ruffles would snap one day."

as much as we wanted to laugh, no one did.........

<crickets>.........you had to be there I guess.

I swear, this is no lie, she would call the dog at lunch time and talk to it through the anwering machine.

I used to work with someone who did that. One day I pointed out to her that the dog probably didn't understand the concept of an answering machine and instead thought she was standing outside about to come in the house and thus she was just teasting the dog.

I think she stopped after that. :blink:

I used to work with someone who did that.  One day I pointed out to her that the dog probably didn't understand the concept of an answering machine and instead thought she was standing outside about to come in the house and thus she was just teasting the dog.

I think she stopped after that.  :blink:

257569[/snapback]

:P

One of my customers has an engineer working for him in NorthernCal, where you would not expect the stereotypical redneck to reside. But throughout his entire messy cubicle, this married man with two children has one photo on his desk. A 5 x 7 of his hunting dog sitting behind a shotgun, which was placed in front of the dog, and about a half dozen dead quail arranged in a semi-circle pattern in front of the gun.

"No photos of your kids?" I asked him.

"When they're old enough to track down quail I'll take their picture."

One of my customers has an engineer working for him in NorthernCal, where you would not expect the stereotypical redneck to reside. But throughout his entire messy cubicle, this married man with two children has one photo on his desk. A 5 x 7 of his hunting dog sitting behind a shotgun, which was placed in front of the dog, and about a half dozen dead quail arranged in a semi-circle pattern in front of the gun.

"No photos of your kids?" I asked him.

"When they're old enough to track down quail I'll take their picture."

257621[/snapback]

He's no Charles Ingalls.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with have casual pics of your dogs and whatnot. However, I think that people are little crazy with spending so much cash on professional pics of pets. These are same type of people as the crazy dog show people (like my mother). Pets are there as high maintance loyal servants/entertainment, and should not be objects of deification

IMO, there is nothing wrong with have casual pics of your dogs and whatnot. However, I think that people are little crazy with spending so much cash on professional pics of pets. These are same type of people as the crazy dog show people (like my mother). Pets are there as high maintance loyal servants/entertainment, and should not be objects of deification

257654[/snapback]

So if you take a nice picture of your pet, you worship it? Not sure I'm getting the connection, but OK.

So if you take a nice picture of your pet, you worship it?  Not sure I'm getting the connection, but OK.

257658[/snapback]

No i am saying that this fetish for treating pets like children is overrated and overpracticed

So if you take a nice picture of your pet, you worship it?  Not sure I'm getting the connection, but OK.

257658[/snapback]

No, I think its Ok to have pics of your pets, its over the line when you start putting your pets up as a representative avatar to identify oneself to others in a community board, peanut butter delivery is only a small step away. :blink:

No, I think its Ok to have pics of your pets, its over the line when you start putting your pets up as a representative avatar to identify oneself to others in a community board, peanut butter delivery is only a small step away. :blink:

257675[/snapback]

Excellent. That was the response I was looking for. :P

Yeppers ~ The one in my office is named Wendy. First off she is a fox. When I first saw her I thought ... well there's a certified home wrecker. No wedding ring. No nuthin. Then she brought in the framed pics of the pets. Then she told the gals in the office she can't hold a man who will stay interested in her.

Getting professional pictures taken with an animal. Dog, cat whatever pet you have.

There are people in my office, none of which have children, who get professional pictures taken with their animals. Almost all of them, the people, are in their early 30's.

When people show them to me I often have a hard time holding back my laughter.

257043[/snapback]

Very weird.