WGR discussion on Taylor's contract

1. Because maybe he and his agent realized it would pretty much be between the bears and the browns. And neither of those opportunities were attractive to him compared to buffalo.

2. The total amount of guaranteed money hes missing out on over the life of the contract isnt that substantial when you have to consider moving ur family again and going to unknowns with new teams one of which is a massive dumpster fire in the Browns.

3. Ive never met the guy or know him in any way. But from everything ive read it seems like he kinda goes to the beat of his own drummer.

Just throwing some things out there to counter.

But he's not guaranteed to get that money over the life of the contract. He signed another contract in which the Bills can walk away from him again in two years. Why would he want to put himself in that situation again? Right now, his guaranteed money is essentially cut in half.

So you're saying Buffalo at a reduced rate was more attractive than Browns, Bears, I've also heard 49ers? We're the Bears not willing to give Taylor the same $14.5 they are willing to for Glennon?

Additional reasons for staying. People seem to overlook how much success the offense had while he was here. The offense was breaking Bills records for scoring and going into week 17 was like 6th in the NFL. Mostly without Sammy playing. TT knows hes got a good thing here on the offensive side. Hes still getting a crapload of guaranteed money.

Im sorry. I dont buy the sending out feelers bit when:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mike Glennon's impending contract with the Bears is expected to be for three years at an average of $14.5 million per season.

Apparently Bears think that Glennon has a higher value than Taylor, and Browns, 49ers & Jets probably weren't going to pay Tyrod more than what the Bills were offering in a restructure.

Trying to back into the contract numbers from what's been reported, it looks like Taylor dropped his salary to $8mil from $12mil, and will get a $7mil signing bonus, which will bring his cash pay in '17 to $15 million, and in line with his market value.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mike Glennon's impending contract with the Bears is expected to be for three years at an average of $14.5 million per season.

I don't know how many times we have to go through this....... the only number that matters is the guaranteed number. THAT was what made Tyrod's previous contract out of kilter with the other bridge Quarterbacks in the league.

The reason you are surprised by this development is that you have been sticking your fingers in your ears in response to any attempt to have a genuine debate on not keeping Tyrod at his old numbers and parrot fashion repeating "it's market value, it's market value." It wasn't. This contract is much more like the market value for bridge Quarterbacks.

The Bills have done a good job and Tryod has taken the deal because there was nobody else willing to throw $30m guaranteed and $40m total at him over the next two years either.

When the guarantee is up, he will have had 4 years to prove he is the guy. That's more than we've given anyone in a while. I really think this is his "prove it" year.

If he doesn't end the conversation about him as our long term starter, then he's our bridge next year for the new guy.

I'm overall happy with how this worked out

It's a great contract for the Bills. Taylor can make more money if he produces...

Additional reasons for staying. People seem to overlook how much success the offense had while he was here. The offense was breaking Bills records for scoring and going into week 17 was like 6th in the NFL. Mostly without Sammy playing. TT knows hes got a good thing here on the offensive side. Hes still getting a crapload of guaranteed money.

His guaranteed money is very low for a veteran starter.

Trade down!!

...and add ammo to pick one next year when the options are better.

I don't care what the radio clowns say, and I'm getting more sick of the media in general every day.

Is Mike Glennon afraid to use 80% of the field ?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if numerous NFL GMs think Glennon has more value than Tyrod moving forward. Don't forget Russell Wilson fell to the 3rd round for size concerns, and Brock Osweiler got a monster contract. GMs have no clue what they're doing.

I think Tyrod realized to make more money he would have had to go to Cleveland, and he wouldn't even be the first FA this season to take less with another team to stay away from Cleveland (Tony Jefferson was the other). Like they said it's a smart deal for both sides. I don't know how can anyone can be unhappy at this point, if you want the Bills to draft someone that can still happen.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if numerous NFL GMs think Glennon has more value than Tyrod moving forward. Don't forget Russell Wilson fell to the 3rd round for size concerns, and Brock Osweiler got a monster contract. GMs have no clue what they're doing.

I think Tyrod realized to make more money he would have had to go to Cleveland, and he wouldn't even be the first FA this season to take less with another team to stay away from Cleveland (Tony Jefferson was the other). Like they said it's a smart deal for both sides. I don't know how can anyone can be unhappy at this point, if you want the Bills to draft someone that can still happen.

I'm not big on Taylor but I really do like this contract.

Just because Houston made an egregious error doesn't mean all GM's don't know what they're doing. It's easy to point out mistakes and no one is perfect in this business.