Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

And I apologize to the Veterans from this board, most of them anyways, for continuing this argument over here. But you will see when the season starts. This poster will root against the Bills again because TT is the starter.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to all members of this board.

Again...I apologize for subjecting this board to this level of childish nonsense.

Don't worry, we don't really tolerate personal attacks on TBD - if something becomes a pattern, it'll be noticed and the person will we be dealt with.

He was one of the most disliked posters on the BBMB because of his angry posting and bullying. And his agenda against TT, which he is continuing on these boards. He doesn't let facts get in his way. he was a big EJ guy and I think he is so embarrassed by it that he hates TT for it. That is not football talk.

You're playing the victim again just like over there. I saved many posts from your group because they showed the agenda you have, and what type of poster you are. And your posts show this board that you are still the same poster, because your comments on TT are still wrong. Posters from the BBMB and this board have discredited what you posted, and yet you come back with more. Nothing has changed. And find a post where I called you a name. I don't do that, you do. You called me a clown a few times, and others, however.Never thought we'd have to rehash this over here.

You called me a phony a page or two back.

Just some more lies you have been caught in. But unlike you, I don't harp on every move you make and save those posts.

Let it go man. It's a new place and you can be anyone you want. Right now you're choosing to be really annoying. I'm not siding with the other guy, his takes are garbage, but I also couldn't care less what he said on a board that got shut down. It's time to move on, sing along with Queen Elsa if you need to.

I'm done. You are right. He'll make his own end here with his hate for the starting QB. I'm not the only one who has argued with him today, either. Something you guys will get used too.I'm glad you noticed his takes are garbage.

Don't worry, we don't really tolerate personal attacks on TBD - if something becomes a pattern, it'll be noticed and the person will we be dealt with.

I'm done commenting on this, but this poster was very much disliked on the BBMD for his personal attacks and comments with an agenda. I had over 32,000 posts there and not one suspension or anything near it.He fought with everyone there pretty much, even the Mods.

Bob Matthews just predicted if the Bills defense can finish in the top ten, they will make the playoffs with TT at QB. The defense was the biggest problem. Not the offense.

I'm done. You are right. He'll make his own end here with his hate for the starting QB. I'm not the only one who has argued with him today, either. Something you guys will get used too.I'm glad you noticed his takes are garbage.

Actually, I won't make my own end for having an opinion on the QB. That's exactly what these boards are for, bud.

The fact that you have never been able to grasp this concept and just deal with the facts that some people don't think Taylor is a very good QB and that they are allowed to express their opinion is the root cause here.

You, on the other hand will most likely meet your demise here by continuing what you have been doing since yesterday here. False accusations, name calling, posting saved posts from a deleted board, and repeated attacks on me.

I'm sorry to all members of this board.

I'm truly embarrassed to even be dealing with this guy. He has been stalking me for a long time, and he has managed to find his way here to continue doing so.

Let it be known that I made it a point to come out and state that I wanted to be more respectful and stick to the calmer vibe around here. And I did just that until this guy started acting inappropriately. I've given examples of this, and you can tell he's only interested in painting me in a negative light. Who saves posts from a board that no longer exists? The guy doesn't even make points...just complete garbage in nearly every post.

I welcome all suggestions on how to deal with this guy. I honestly don't think anything will stop him besides a ban, so I suppose I'll just let things play out.

Again...I apologize for subjecting this board to this level of childish nonsense.

I promise you if you stick to football and don't troll, you have half-decent logic to back up your stance, nobody is going to punish you for posting your takes, different as they may be. People who only like to hear things they consider to be encouraging will freak out, but my advice is try not to engage in the personal crap, just stick to football and you'll be fine no matter what. I believe its called taking the high road.

@viccarucci

Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/08/bills-restructure-taylor-contract-keep-team/

@sharpfootball

Tyrod Taylor now carries the cheapest starting vet-QB cap hit in the NFL (assuming RGIII done in CLE). Nice restructure, a page from NE.

That is awesome!

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

We won brehh!

I like the deal. Not sure why Tyrod would agree to it though

To some people being a leader on a team you believe in means more than money. It does to me....if i got signed to the team i believed in, I would take less money to be the franchise player there knowing I can build it back up. thats just me tho. im not a money hungry

I promise you if you stick to football and don't troll, you have half-decent logic to back up your stance, nobody is going to punish you for posting your takes, different as they may be. People who only like to hear things they consider to be encouraging will freak out, but my advice is try not to engage in the personal crap, just stick to football and you'll be fine no matter what. I believe its called taking the high road.

Whats up dude, how are you taking the Tyrod Re-structure news?

To some people being a leader on a team you believe in means more than money. It does to me....if i got signed to the team i believed in, I would take less money to be the franchise player there knowing I can build it back up. thats just me tho. im not a money hungry

Whats up dude, how are you taking the Tyrod Re-structure news?

I'm alright with the re-structure, my breh!

I still lean toward preferring a better pocket passer but now its perfectly reasonable, I can live with it. His cap hits are lower, maybe more importantly his guarantees are lower so we can get out if we need to, we're not locked into that one-dimensional offense for 3 or 4 years. I'm fine with him as a 1-2 year bridge guy at 10M year one (think its an 8M dead hit to cut him after year 1), not my preference but perfectly reasonable.

I'm interested to see what kind of funky offense we come up with with these TEs and fullbacks. We may never throw a pass all year B-)

You feeling good bud?

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

I'm alright with the re-structure, my breh!

I still lean toward preferring a better pocket passer but now its perfectly reasonable, I can live with it. His cap hits are lower, maybe more importantly his guarantees are lower so we can get out if we need to, we're not locked into that one-dimensional offense for 3 or 4 years. I'm fine with him as a 1-2 year bridge guy at 10M year one (think its an 8M dead hit to cut him after year 1), not my preference but perfectly reasonable.

I'm interested to see what kind of funky offense we come up with with these TEs and fullbacks. We may never throw a pass all year B-)

:lol::lol:

Hey man as long as were winning!

Now we got some income tax salary cap to play with! :flirt:

yes! I am thank you.

no small task to win them over.

:beer:

Looks like Tyrods got another year to prove his doubters wrong. Should be an exiting off season big breh!!

Amen to that! Kim is gonna do damage with that cap room, just you wait.

Kim Pegula makes me

homer-simpson-drooling-youtube-i14.png

You have been told you are behaving poorly yourself. Do you believe you have no role in this?

You said I joined the board yesterday so I could troll on this subject. You were dead wrong, but I didn't blast you for your false statements.

Anyway...I'm not interested in this BS with you over here. My offer stands if you ever decide to act appropriately.

15 mil guaranteed now...that's it.

He gave up more than half of his guaranteed money.

That is the epitome of a steep paycut.

So 2 years from now when he has at least 30.5 mil in his bank you will be wrong.

Good deal for everyone. There aren't a lot of situations where Tyrod could go and succeed (imo) but he just might keep improving here. He's good enough to win some games here and buys time to find the next QB if he never takes another step forward.

I don't know that Whaley gets the credit though as he seemed to drive the excessive contract in the first place. More likely McDermott had a positive evaluation and wanted to keep him but not at that salary and the finance guys were charged with renegotiating a deal. I guess we don't really know for sure.

So Tyrod "told (his) agent to find a way to make things work here,"

says

there were other teams showing interest, but that he "chose" to restructure his contract

says

"My commitment is to this team, to this community, to get a winning product on the field."

Raves about the "very player friendly system" Dennison runs talking specifically about success McCoy and Watkins can have in it

says

"The main thing throughout the process was that me and Coach McDermott were able to keep an open line of communication," said Taylor. "If I needed to talk to him about something I could call him. Things were difficult sometimes with trying to move money around and trying to find what was best for the team. But ultimately we were able to get it done and I'm happy that we got it done."

and even Vic Carucci tweets that Tyrod "chose to restructure" to help the Bills add pieces

Yet, we are required to assume that it's more logical that he was focused primarily on money rather than his competitive nature to finish what he started and build a playoff contender with a group of players and a city he really seems to love?

Taylor is now guaranteed less money than Mike Glennon, so by the logic of some here, teams were telling his agent they thought less of Taylor than Glennon...

Yeah, okay...

I think there's something to the actual words coming out of Taylor's mouth. All that speculation posters are doing to console themselves is entertaining, though, so keep going...

So Tyrod "told (his) agent to find a way to make things work here,"

says

there were other teams showing interest, but that he "chose" to restructure his contract

says

"My commitment is to this team, to this community, to get a winning product on the field."

Raves about the "very player friendly system" Dennison runs talking specifically about success McCoy and Watkins can have in it

says

"The main thing throughout the process was that me and Coach McDermott were able to keep an open line of communication," said Taylor. "If I needed to talk to him about something I could call him. Things were difficult sometimes with trying to move money around and trying to find what was best for the team. But ultimately we were able to get it done and I'm happy that we got it done."

and even Vic Carucci tweets that Tyrod "chose to restructure" to help the Bills add pieces

Yet, we are required to assume that it's more logical that he was focused primarily on money rather than his competitive nature to finish what he started and build a playoff contender with a group of players and a city he really seems to love?

Taylor is now guaranteed less money than Mike Glennon, so by the logic of some here, teams were telling his agent they thought less of Taylor than Glennon...

Yeah, okay...

I think there's something to the actual words coming out of Taylor's mouth. All that speculation posters are doing to console themselves is entertaining, though, so keep going...

I have no doubt that most of what he said was genuine. I believe he's a team guy, and I'm sure there's things he likes about the OC and the team.

On the other hand...if you don't think that the Bills weren't ready to move on if Taylor didn't take a reduction in pay, and if you didn't think money was a factor for Taylor, then that's quite the leap.

Money is a main factor in nearly every athlete's thought process, and guys who are in their prime and haven't gotten that big payday are even less likely to pass up a significant amount of money. The timing even leads you to believe that Taylor held off on this until his agent got to discuss what other teams were willing to pay during the combine where these things get talked about, and that he didn't get quite the interest he anticipated, so he decided to stick with what he already has here.

I just find the story that he just decided to be the ultimate team guy and pass up tens of millions guaranteed in order to stay in Buffalo a less believable and less logical conclusion to arrive at.

It does make for a real cute story, though.

I have no doubt that most of what he said was genuine. I believe he's a team guy, and I'm sure there's things he likes about the OC and the team.

On the other hand...if you don't think that the Bills weren't ready to move on if Taylor didn't take a reduction in pay, and if you didn't think money was a factor for Taylor, then that's quite the leap.

Money is a main factor in nearly every athlete's thought process, and guys who are in their prime and haven't gotten that big payday are even less likely to pass up a significant amount of money. The timing even leads you to believe that Taylor held off on this until his agent got to discuss what other teams were willing to pay during the combine where these things get talked about, and that he didn't get quite the interest he anticipated, so he decided to stick with what he already has here.

I just find the story that he just decided to be the ultimate team guy and pass up tens of millions guaranteed in order to stay in Buffalo a less believable and less logical conclusion to arrive at.

It does make for a real cute story, though.

One word:

TAMPERING

You still havent discussed this real cute story though.