Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

How can you sit through the Oakland and Pitt games and have this point of view ?

Explain it to me please. The only breakdowns will be from the Taylor fanboys as I drop I told you so's for 10 weeks until he gets benched again.

Might want to watch the playoffs and sb again.

Elite qb's are where it's at. Not 6th round projects who are backups elsewhere.

Wait drew brees and rivers were in the playoffs? Your a qb winz hot take guy right? I watched the defense in pitt and oakland absolutley fall apart. Im quite sure alabams defense could have contained oakland and pittsburg. Looking forward to you being absent when we keep taylor?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait drew brees and rivers were in the playoffs? Your a qb winz hot take guy right? I watched the defense in pitt and oakland absolutley fall apart. Im quite sure alabams defense could have contained oakland and pittsburg. Looking forward to you being absent when we keep taylor?

Just like wins will be absent. If Bills keeps Taylor.

All I really remember about EJs combine was how impressed Whaley was with his hand size.

Whaley also had the unique ability to see into EJ's eyes and see the eyes of a leader and champion. That didn't work out so well in the end.

EJ set the all time record for throwing footballs through a hoop at 10 yards or something like that...it was the subject of an ESPN sports science piece or something like that; you can watch it on youtube.

In short, the combine can provide some useful data to supplement more important data already gained on a player, but it has little value on its own in a vacuum.

The combine has no "is he a good football player" test that I know of.

They do have a great standing broad jump test though...b/c that's very important during live game action, especially for non-skill position players.

:lol:

The combine didn't change my mind on Watson ... I'd be very happy picking him, even at #10.

He's intelligent, a leader and a winner, if you never draft a QB, you'll never find one.

That is exactly how I feel. I think Watson has a chance to be special. I hope he doesn't get drafted before ten. I would be surprised if he didn't turn into a Mariota at the next level.

1st post here!!! Just moved from the BBMB.

Yep booted after calling out TT for his week 1 and 2 performances.

That's what happened with me with EJ! During a game day thread I used the phrase 'EJ apologists' and got a temp ban. I created another account to dispute the ban since one wasn't given the ability to communicate with the mods while banned, and then I got permantley banned for dual accounts. So lame.

IMO Watson showed very well at Combine. Actaully the Big three Watson, Trubinsky, Mahomes all did what they needed to do.

I also thought Kizer had a nice Combine, his game tape still worries me. And Kaaya helped himself alot at the Combine as well.

As a late prospect I like Kaaya for Dennison's offense. If we keep TT, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him in the 4ht or 5th round.

Sure top ten offense wins absent there equal only in opposite world.

Maybe you actually miss Taylor throwing the ball and are just impressed with his legs.

How does a WR turn one of the leagues worst passing offense to a top 10 one again?

Also for already having a top 10 scoring offense were have those wins been?

Edited by MAJBobby

It changes nothing for me. I'd be happy with Watson, but I still want Mahomes. Mahomes has generational arm talent.

I like Mahomes too. he just looks more NFL ready. Either way there are NO excuses for coming out of this draft without at least one good QB prospect (not project)

I like Mahomes too. he just looks more NFL ready. Either way there are NO excuses for coming out of this draft without at least one good QB prospect (not project)

Unless all three go early. I dont think i want to be trading up for any of them. I would take all three at 10 though.

Maybe you actually miss Taylor trowing the ball and are just impressed with his legs.

How does a WR turn one of the leagues worst passing offense to a top 10 one again?

Also for already having a top 10 scoring offense were have those wins been?

Well I mean sure if we had a healthy number one wr that is capable of staying on the field.

In 15 did you miss Taylor getting the ball at an alarming rate to Watkins when he was healthy?

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you insinuating Taylor is a wr? If so its time for me to start ignoring you. Unless of course you are smarter than quite a few execs including elway, harbough, kubiak, and newsome...

Yup a qb winz guy. Did you not open your eyes when our defense was on the field this year at all.

Watson shined on the biggest of stages, two years in a row against the best team from the best conference in the nation. Alabama's defense has been chocked full of 1st and 2nd round NFL picks. He has also put up some huge numbers. His accuracy and decisions at times has been a bit troubling. Ball placement that prevents YAC and throwing balls that should have never been thrown. He had a great showing with no pass rush and unfamiliar receivers. I think his ball placement was excellent yesterday on every throw. The tape is there and that matters more, but it was still good to see. By all accounts he was excellent in his interviews as well. Loves football, is a student of the game, and works hard. Can't ask for much more. He showed up over 220lbs at the combine as well. He needs to keep that on because he played under 210lbs at Clemson.

Well I mean sure if we had a healthy number one wr that is capable of staying on the field.

In 15 did you miss Taylor getting the ball at an alarming rate to Watkins when he was healthy?

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you insinuating Taylor is a wr? If so its time for me to start ignoring you. Unless of course you are smarter than quite a few execs including elway, harbough, kubiak, and newsome...

Yup a qb winz guy. Did you not open your eyes when our defense was on the field this year at all.

I suggest you go read Gregg Cosell article. Might kill your exec comment.

Its alright you like a QB at his ceiling that cant make all the throws. Is Late alot. Wont use the entire field. Feels ghost pressure in pocket. Drops to run not throw.

What does TT bring to the field to justify 27.5M that a rookie wont bring on a rookie contract?

Edited by MAJBobby

Unless all three go early. I dont think i want to be trading up for any of them. I would take all three at 10 though.

Do you see all of Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes and Kizer going before 10? I have to think that one of them falls to us. I'm not a fan of playing cute and trying to trade into the lower first round to save a few sheckles. We either like some one or we don't

The first thing that comes to mind with me is the money that will be going to him if we keep him.. He's not worth that..Originally i saw it as new coach, new qb, new era... Who knows what they do with the situation. I will be a fan of the team no matter what they do. Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes are definitely appealing..

Do you see all of Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes and Kizer going before 10? I have to think that one of them falls to us. I'm not a fan of playing cute and trying to trade into the lower first round to save a few sheckles. We either like some one or we don't

Oo sorry no i dont think they all go before 10 but was just saying that would be the only excuse because i am not trading up from 10.

And Kizer is the only one out of the 4 i would not take at 10

I suggest you go read Gregg Cosell article. Might kill your exec comment.

Its alright you like a QB at his ceiling that cant make all the throws. Is Late alot. Wont use the entire field. Feels ghost pressure in pocket. Drops to run not throw.

Sure ill take Cosell's word. NOT. All of your opinion is just that. Im not inclined to agree with any of it. Im certainly not advocating spending or moving up to draft a qb in the first round when we are exponentially worse in other positions that could contribute to turning around a defense that lost at least 2 games if not three for us last year. Tyrod isnt at his ceiling if you think he is you should just sit ina corner and stop ATTEMPTING to evaluate qbs.

Oo sorry no i dont think they all go before 10 but was just saying that would be the only excuse because i am not trading up from 10.

And Kizer is the only one out of the 4 i would not take at 10

We all can remember when the Buffalo Bills in the 2013 draft “reached” – selecting EJ Manuel when they heard how big his hands were (10 3/8 inches if you were wondering)… Bills Mafia probably all thought to themselves: “Dang this Timmy Horton’s is good. Before we got outside and shovel some more, let’s talk more about how this is OUR YEAR since EJ Manuel’s hands will be able to grip a football no matter how cold and ****ty it is out!! WOOO, CIRCLE THE WAGONS!!!

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame 9 7/8″ – Biggest hands in the draft. No surprise

https://watercooler-sports.com/2017/03/04/lets-talk-hand-size/

Oh no. Whaley might have found his QB!