Wanna Tank? Make it interesting..

I've seen plenty of folks who believe we should let Tyrod hit free agency, unload bloated contracts and tank for next year posturing in the draft. Am I for this? No, I think we have a lot of talent on this team and truly don't know if I can continue to stomach rebuild after rebuild. However, if we do go this route let's make it interesting. I realize that this is not realistic but it's interesting to get the perspective of others on how we can tank while making this team interesting to watch. Here are 3 reclamation projects at QB that I believe would at the very least peak my interest enough each week to watch a lost season.

Vince Young- Lets make him great again! That's his slogan not mine but I do find it interesting that his win-loss record as a starting QB is better than plenty of starters in this league. He's shown glimpses in the past of ability and had he stayed in the league he'd be in his prime right now. If I remember correctly his stint here was shadowed by an insane amount of debt owed to creditors and the Bills Brass willingness to trot out the same ol crap.

RG3- How can you go from slinging sammies in a Subway commercial, becoming the darling of Washington and bringing your team to the playoffs year 1.. to what he is today. Was his edge as a starting QB all he really had, his legs? Is his athleticism gone? It just baffles me and regardless if he had stayed healthy or not, last year Cleveland was a dumpster fire (excluding Pryor).

Johnny Football- His own worst enemy obviously but a former Heisman winner, the first as a freshman and what some say has the "IT" factor. I wouldn't necessarily put all my chips in on a short QB with limited understanding of complicated NFL offensive schemes but it'd be a captivating story at the very least and would sell tickets for sure.

If we tank, Russ Brandon will have to do something to sell tickets. Russ... pick up all 3. At least keep our attention or once again by mid season my passion will lie in the hands of my own fantasy team. I need more than this.

And yes, interesting must be my word of the day hahahaha, yikes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brofist to Chuck, sharing a frontal lobe?

Why even bother responding if your not gonna flame me or contribute in a meaningful way?

No tank

Draft rookie qb at 10 or trade up and let's break in the future.

It's a 6 win team with or without wasting money on TT

And there's a tank for Darnold thread these comments belong in.

I didn't mention Darnold. I saw that though, how many times has the media or public fallen in love with a QB the year before he enters the draft and then their stock plummets. I'd bet that'll be the case.

never was a fan of tanking, never. can't see how players could be either. just seems to be some fans that think it'll get you a certain player that wouldn't be no guarantee to succeed anyway?

icon_smile_2cents.gif

Me neither, but this is a what if.. I'd really hate if we jumped on a grenade right now. I'm sure Meatball, Shady and other Vets would be disgusted.

I've seen plenty of folks who believe we should let Tyrod hit free agency, unload bloated contracts and tank for next year posturing in the draft. Am I for this? No, I think we have a lot of talent on this team and truly don't know if I can continue to stomach rebuild after rebuild. However, if we do go this route let's make it interesting. I realize that this is not realistic but it's interesting to get the perspective of others on how we can tank while making this team interesting to watch. Here are 3 reclamation projects at QB that I believe would at the very least peak my interest enough each week to watch a lost season.

Vince Young- Lets make him great again! That's his slogan not mine but I do find it interesting that his win-loss record as a starting QB is better than plenty of starters in this league. He's shown glimpses in the past of ability and had he stayed in the league he'd be in his prime right now. If I remember correctly his stint here was shadowed by an insane amount of debt owed to creditors and the Bills Brass willingness to trot out the same ol crap.

RG3- How can you go from slinging sammies in a Subway commercial, becoming the darling of Washington and bringing your team to the playoffs year 1.. to what he is today. Was his edge as a starting QB all he really had, his legs? Is his athleticism gone? It just baffles me and regardless if he had stayed healthy or not, last year Cleveland was a dumpster fire (excluding Pryor).

Johnny Football- His own worst enemy obviously but a former Heisman winner, the first as a freshman and what some say has the "IT" factor. I wouldn't necessarily put all my chips in on a short QB with limited understanding of complicated NFL offensive schemes but it'd be a captivating story at the very least and would sell tickets for sure.

If we tank, Russ Brandon will have to do something to sell tickets. Russ... pick up all 3. At least keep our attention or once again by mid season my passion will lie in the hands of my own fantasy team. I need more than this.And yes, interesting must be my word of the day hahahaha, yikes.

There's a search function. Use it.

Why even bother responding if your not gonna flame me or contribute in a meaningful way?

I didn't mention Darnold. I saw that though, how many times has the media or public fallen in love with a QB the year before he enters the draft and then their stock plummets. I'd bet that'll be the case.

Because that's all your idea deserves.

Your thread sucks. I didn't even read it. Stop trying to bring attention to yourself and post in other peoples thread. Everything you wrote could've been in 5 other threads. The attention you bring to yourself is negative

Because that's all your idea deserves.

Agreed..... and I have no idea what his idea is.....and I'm pretty sure I'm smarter because of it Edited by NewEra

1. I made no mention of Darnold or any specific player to tank for and again this thread pertains to the 3 QBs listed, would you want them or think they would give this team something to talk about?

2. I'm stating that if Tyrod goes and we drop a number of players that significantly contribute to this team we will need to drum up interest somehow.

3. Since when is it rude to enter dialogue with people who have similar interests and continue this conversation as the thread unfolds.

4. Negative attention for sharing an off the wall idea or opinion? Cmon dude, get real.

5. Breathe

I like these ideas. The OP even said he isn't for it and knows it won't happen.

With that, if we were to tank, here's what I would do:

Cut/trade Dareus.

Sign Manziel (he will sell tickets)

Front load a contract and resign our young, next two year contract-year players

Trade all of our picks this year for picks next

Let Jerry Hughes end Brady's career and get suspended.

Big fan of Tyrod Taylor with all due respect OP

Keeping Taylor wins football games IMO.