New Fastest 40 Time

Hyphe23

Ross is solid burner that can help just about any team with a real QB to break down coverage schemes. The comparison of DJAX earlier was pretty good but kinda spun like he wasn't good? DJAX in Philly was a friggin beast and has put up solid numbers as well in Wash,

Pop Ross say on the opposite side of Julio in ATL and look out.

Well said, I agree. Ross would be the perfect complement for a team like Atlanta where he can draw coverage down the field and not have to go over the middle and get killed. I wonder how his medicals will factor in, 2 ACL's and now a shoulder surgery. If Buffalo drafts him this place might implode, even if he's the 2nd coming of Antonio Brown. Edited by P51

I like Ross but the WR position for us with Taylor seems moot, we don't throw it enough to the guys we have now and were going to add another WR in round 1? Whaley has only taken 1 QB in round 1 but will now trade up and give away two 1st and now another top 10 WR? Matt Millen's animal spirit lives in Whaley if we do this.

Find me the last good franchise that spend 2 top 10 picks on WRs, especially after the Watkins trade? You won't. Spending high picks on a dependent position is the definition of stupid.

See the Steelers. Coates 3rd, Brown 6th!, Wallace 3rd, Bryant 4th.

If the Bills draft a wr, they spend a #4 overall pick, #10 overall, 3rd, and 2nd round picks on WRs the last 4 years. That is insanely stupid way to build a football team. You get a real qb and magically your WRs get better.

I thought he was going around 15 anyway. He's really good and for a team with a qb in place, he could be a real difference maker.

but this franchise defines stupid in the NFL. so they'll go WR at 10. tank for Darnold.

Find me the last good franchise that spend 2 top 10 picks on WRs, especially after the Watkins trade? You won't. Spending high picks on a dependent position is the definition of stupid.

See the Steelers. Coates 3rd, Brown 6th!, Wallace 3rd, Bryant 4th.

If the Bills draft a wr, they spend a #4 overall pick, #10 overall, 3rd, and 2nd round picks on WRs the last 4 years. That is insanely stupid way to build a football team. You get a real qb and magically your WRs get better.

I thought he was going around 15 anyway. He's really good and for a team with a qb in place, he could be a real difference maker.

You can really say this about any position. The thing is, good franchises aren't usually drafting in the top 10 enough to have multiple players at the same position taken. Unfortunately, we are not in that boat.

You can really say this about any position. The thing is, good franchises aren't usually drafting in the top 10 enough to have multiple players at the same position taken. Unfortunately, we are not in that boat.

I generally get what you're saying but it's completely different if the Bills took two top 10 OTs (which I'm pretty sure has happened) or 2 cbs (which may have happened). Those positions can make a difference on their own. A receiver is dependent on a qb and an oline blocking.

Say the Bills go with Mike Williams, who I really like as a player. Say the Packers go with a guy like Josh Reynolds of Texas A & M, who could go in the 4th round. Would you bet a lot of money on Williams having the better career than Reynolds? Because I won't.

I played receiver through my washed up career. I love the position. But it's the piece you add when you have the other more important pieces in place. Chris Hogan, who played lacrosse in college, would have been the Bills leading receiver this year.

I generally get what you're saying but it's completely different if the Bills took two top 10 OTs (which I'm pretty sure has happened) or 2 cbs (which may have happened). Those positions can make a difference on their own. A receiver is dependent on a qb and an oline blocking.

Say the Bills go with Mike Williams, who I really like as a player. Say the Packers go with a guy like Josh Reynolds of Texas A & M, who could go in the 4th round. Would you bet a lot of money on Williams having the better career than Reynolds? Because I won't.

I played receiver through my washed up career. I love the position. But it's the piece you add when you have the other more important pieces in place. Chris Hogan, who played lacrosse in college, would have been the Bills leading receiver this year.

I would generally agree, but our reciever corps is a mess. We desperately need a number two receiver. We have no idea how much we can rely on Sammy either. I have become a firm believer in the necessity of an insurance policy for Sammy. I agree that a position like O line is safer and generally more guaranteed to be an impactful position, but it's not like we don't have holes everywhere.

CB is a position that I actually don't like to draft high. How many true shut down corners are there? The NFL is designed for CB's to fail. Why waste a first round pick on a guy who is set up to fail? I don't see CB's as being a great value in the first round. We will never stop Brady without pressure. Even having a great CB isn't going to stop elite offense's in today's NFL. They will just look in another direction. The way teams spread out the field is another factor in my dislike of overvaluing CB's. I don't think a WR would be a bad value this year. I wouldn't mind drafting O line, but would much prefer a WR over a CB.

I would generally agree, but our reciever corps is a mess. We desperately need a number two receiver. We have no idea how much we can rely on Sammy either. I have become a firm believer in the necessity of an insurance policy for Sammy. I agree that a position like O line is safer and generally more guaranteed to be an impactful position, but it's not like we don't have holes everywhere.

CB is a position that I actually don't like to draft high. How many true shut down corners are there? The NFL is designed for CB's to fail. Why waste a first round pick on a guy who is set up to fail? I don't see CB's as being a great value in the first round. We will never stop Brady without pressure. Even having a great CB isn't going to stop elite offense's in today's NFL. They will just look in another direction. The way teams spread out the field is another factor in my dislike of overvaluing CB's. I don't think a WR would be a bad value this year. I wouldn't mind drafting O line, but would much prefer a WR over a CB.

1) I hate, hate, hate the idea of using a 1st on a cb to replace Gilmore. But cb is a very important position and the majority of great cbs are 1st round picks.

2) you can find good receivers through the draft. And they are so dependent on your qb. Chris Hogan looks like a good #2 wr and that's because of the qb. Pittsburgh never draft WRs high & they constantly find studs.

I mentioned him earlier but Josh Reynolds has good later round value. There are plenty of guys that could be good #2s. But if we have Tyrod throwing the ball, how much does a number 2 matter anyways?

1) I hate, hate, hate the idea of using a 1st on a cb to replace Gilmore. But cb is a very important position and the majority of great cbs are 1st round picks.

2) you can find good receivers through the draft. And they are so dependent on your qb. Chris Hogan looks like a good #2 wr and that's because of the qb. Pittsburgh never draft WRs high & they constantly find studs.

I mentioned him earlier but Josh Reynolds has good later round value. There are plenty of guys that could be good #2s. But if we have Tyrod throwing the ball, how much does a number 2 matter anyways?

How many of those great 1st round CB's actually make their teams great though? Plus guys like Josh Norman and Richard Sherman are both fifth round picks. You are never going to get two shutdown corners. With just one shutdown corner the opponent always has the ability to take them out of the game. Winning defense starts with the big guys up front, and the ability to stop the run. Secondary play comes next. The rules forbide corners from actually playing football anyway. I just believe that first round corners are a waste for a team like the Bills with so many holes. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

How many of those great 1st round CB's actually make their teams great though? Plus guys like Josh Norman and Richard Sherman are both fifth round picks. You are never going to get two shutdown corners. With just one shutdown corner the opponent always has the ability to take them out of the game. Winning defense starts with the big guys up front, and the ability to stop the run. Secondary play comes next. The rules forbide corners from actually playing football anyway. I just believe that first round corners are a waste for a team like the Bills with so many holes.

I don't disagree with this at all. I do think cb is a more important position than wr though and value it higher in terms of needs.

But I agree 100% it starts up front. It makes you more made about the job Rex did because we had maybe the best d line in the NFL when he took the job.

I don't disagree with this at all. I do think cb is a more important position than wr though and value it higher in terms of needs.

But I agree 100% it starts up front. It makes you more made about the job Rex did because we had maybe the best d line in the NFL when he took the job.

We are definitely mostly on the same page. The only difference is that I view CB and WR as having equal value with WR maybe having slightly more. My concern is that I think it would be wise to plan for life without Sammy. If Sammy goes down we have nothing for a number one WR. Beyond this season it is also hard to predict what will happen with Sammy. I think we can succeed better as a team piecing together a secondary than we can by playing without a number one WR. We can still draft a CB, but no need to do so early imo. With that said I'm also always more comfortable getting value out of first round picks with positions such as linemen. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5