The Ringer's Robert Mays & Danny Kelly highly support Tyrod

Billsfan1972

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.....do you want a percentage

probably in the 90 percentile that they would do it......but Washington isnt letting him go.

I dont know what is so hard to understand about this stuff.....yes there are better qbs in the league....no nfl teams dont make them available

What would you offer for him?

People look at Taylor's stats without comparing them to the rest of the league.

They see little to no INT's but don't see it's because he hardly ever throws the ball unless someone is wide open and sitting in their route.

They see his completion percentage but don't see that much more than half of those completions are dumpoffs that RB's got all the yards on.

They see two Pro Bowls but they don't pay attention to how many QB's had to pass before they came to Taylor.

They see him evading sacks in an elite fashion. But they neglect to mention evading sacks doesn't put points on the board. And that part of the reason he's so good at evading sacks is because he gives up on plays and starts scrambling early most of the time.

The national media sees Buffalo Bills and thinks we should be happy if we have a QB who can get us to 8-8. If Tyrod Taylor was QB of the Dallas Cowboys or New York Giants - the media would be talking completely differently.

I'm baffled that so many of you are so adamant that the QB who led his offense to DEAD LAST in the league in passing needs to come back and we're screwed if he doesn't.

Especially when you consider there was much less available to us in FA and in the Draft when they came up with an unknown QB named Tyrod Taylor.

For me, he's not the future, but, with a restructure, he's our present.

I agree they probably would also

The problem is that is not reality

The problem is that the OP and the people he's quoting are saying that Taylor is the better QB. Thurman's point is entirely valid given the context.

For me, he's not the future, but, with a restructure, he's our present.

The problem is that the OP and the people he's quoting are saying that Taylor is the better QB. Thurman's point is entirely valid given the context.

I factor in scheme fit tall of of this

Tyrod Taylor needs a scheme that fits around his positives (and he is special in those areas)

Cousins is a guy you could plug into a lot more schemes to be successful.....

but....at the end of the day? Washington is not going to let him leave.....the object of the game is to find a way to win games

I factor in scheme fit tall of of this

Tyrod Taylor needs a scheme that fits around his positives (and he is special in those areas)

Cousins is a guy you could plug into a lot more schemes to be successful.....

but....at the end of the day? Washington is not going to let him leave.....the object of the game is to find a way to win games

Hate to keep hammering at you like this, but I gotta ask...what in your mind aside from his ability to run are his 'special positives'?

And for me, the object should be to win the SB. There's a distinction there.

Edited by GoBills808

Hate to keep hammering at you like this, but I gotta ask...what in your mind aside from his ability to run are his 'special positives'?

And for me, the object should be to win the SB. There's a distinction there.

There really is not a distinction.....you have to win games in order to make the playoffs (the first milestone we should be thinking about) and then the super bowl (which also requires winning games no?)

As for positives a tyrod.....there are plenty besides his running ability......his deep ball accuracy is very good.....his game management is superb......his play picks up when he isnt throwing the ball to street free agents

There is a lot to like about tyrod's game DESPITE his warts. Anyone who cannot look past passing yards in a dominant running scheme and missing his top wide receivers most of the year isnt going to come off their stance though

Meanwhile....Cousins had PLENTY of quality pass catchers to throw to...so maybe that should be brought into the equation....Cousins had more to work with

Edited by John from Hemet

I watched every game TT played and came away mostly unimpressed but maybe I missed something or had higher expectations than were warranted.

A quick view of all the shows talking about the QB carousel has TT squarely in the mix as a guy teams will pursue should he not stay and be the Bills starter but regardless the commentators seem unanimous that TT can and will be the starter somewhere next year.

All the fuss for someone already written off around here? Why? If he sucks as bad as some people claim, why would anyone besides Cleveland want the guy?

There really is not a distinction.....you have to win games in order to make the playoffs (the first milestone we should be thinking about) and then the super bowl (which also requires winning games no?)

As for positives a tyrod.....there are plenty besides his running ability......his deep ball accuracy is very good.....his game management is superb......his play picks up when he isnt throwing the ball to street free agents

There is a lot to like about tyrod's game DESPITE his warts. Anyone who cannot look past passing yards in a dominant running scheme and missing his top wide receivers most of the year isnt going to come off their stance though

Meanwhile....Cousins had PLENTY of quality pass catchers to throw to...so maybe that should be brought into the equation....Cousins had more to work with

As I said above, I do believe that he is our present, but, his limitations, to me, outweigh his positives. I understand that you want desperately for this to not be true, but, he is a limited QB, in my opinion. Let him be a place holder until a better option is acquired, but, please do not expect too much from him.

Think back to the first couple EJ years what were you saying about him at the time?

People look at Taylor's stats without comparing them to the rest of the league.

They see little to no INT's but don't see it's because he hardly ever throws the ball unless someone is wide open and sitting in their route.

They see his completion percentage but don't see that much more than half of those completions are dumpoffs that RB's got all the yards on.

They see two Pro Bowls but they don't pay attention to how many QB's had to pass before they came to Taylor.

They see him evading sacks in an elite fashion. But they neglect to mention evading sacks doesn't put points on the board. And that part of the reason he's so good at evading sacks is because he gives up on plays and starts scrambling early most of the time.

The national media sees Buffalo Bills and thinks we should be happy if we have a QB who can get us to 8-8. If Tyrod Taylor was QB of the Dallas Cowboys or New York Giants - the media would be talking completely differently.

I'm baffled that so many of you are so adamant that the QB who led his offense to DEAD LAST in the league in passing needs to come back and we're screwed if he doesn't.

Especially when you consider there was much less available to us in FA and in the Draft when they came up with an unknown QB named Tyrod Taylor.

You forgot a few:

They see is lack of pass attempts and forget his #1 wide receiver missed 8 games and never was the same when he got back.

They see his lack of INTs and wonder why isn't it a lot more with the clowns we had as part of the WR core

They see his win-loss record and forget that the Bills would have been in the playoffs making some noise, if the Bills defense held their opponents to less than 25 points less than the 8 times they allowed (All losses). No one blames the Defense. BTW, Patriots allowed 25 points in a game only once (and won that game),

They see his win-loss record and no one blames the horrible defense

They see TT as a QB who led his offense to DEAD LAST in the league (with all the injuries), and still had a top 6 offense in the league, If you think it's just because of Shady you crazy.

They see TT's statistics and no one argues that he could have won the Super with the Broncos last year. The Broncos would have benched Manning for TT if they signed him last year with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They would probably have a dynasty.

They see two Pro Bowls and realize TT is the best Bills QB since Kelly. It only took us 20 years. If we dump TT how long will it take to get someone just as good?

They see TT's completion percentage and realize that there have been worse QBs with Super Bowl rings.

I just hope all the TT haters will admit they were wrong when TT blossoms into a top 10 QB on another team. Instead of making sorry excuses like, "it's a different system" or "of course, with those WRs", or "the defense carried the team".

You forgot a few:

They see is lack of pass attempts and forget his #1 wide receiver missed 8 games and never was the same when he got back.

They see his lack of INTs and wonder why isn't it a lot more with the clowns we had as part of the WR core

They see his win-loss record and forget that the Bills would have been in the playoffs making some noise, if the Bills defense held their opponents to less than 25 points less than the 8 times they allowed (All losses). No one blames the Defense. BTW, Patriots allowed 25 points in a game only once (and won that game),

They see TT as a QB who led his offense to DEAD LAST in the league (with all the injuries), and still had a top 6 offense in the league, If you think it's just because of Shady you crazy.

They see TT's statistics and no one argues that he could have won the Super with the Broncos last year. The Broncos would have benched Manning for TT if they signed him last year with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They would probably have a dynasty.

They see two Pro Bowls and realize TT is the best Bills QB since Kelly. It only took us 20 years. If we dump TT how long will it take to get someone just as good?

They see TT's completion percentage and realize that there have been worse QBs with Super Bowl rings.

I just hope all the TT haters will admit they were wrong when TT blossoms into a top 10 QB on another team. Instead of making sorry excuses like, "it's a different system" or "of course, with those WRs", or "the defense carried the team".

You gotta whole lotta love in your heart.

Lot of reaching per the usual.

Jamison Crowder and Pierre Garçon aren't Randy Moss.

Cousins had no run game to take the heat off him and he made plays. Tyrod was Tyrod and passed like a yellowjacket or a midshipman.

The Broncos would have benched Manning for TT if they signed him last year with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They would probably have a dynasty.

Gold Jerry gold. Let's bench a HOF QB for Tyrod Taylor.

As I said above, I do believe that he is our present, but, his limitations, to me, outweigh his positives. I understand that you want desperately for this to not be true, but, he is a limited QB, in my opinion. Let him be a place holder until a better option is acquired, but, please do not expect too much from him.

Think back to the first couple EJ years what were you saying about him at the time?

I was saying that he was started too early

I was saying that for someone who was supposed to be somewhat mobile....he sure did look slow

And i say now that TT>EJ Manuel.....and still do. Tyrod does so much more with less.

I was saying that he was started too early

I was saying that for someone who was supposed to be somewhat mobile....he sure did look slow

And i say now that TT>EJ Manuel.....and still do. Tyrod does so much more with less.

Hmmm, I don't see you saying those things, but, I'll take your word for it. At what point were you saying them?

Edited by Cripple Creek

Hmmm, I don't see you saying those things, but, I'll take your word for it. At what point were you saying them?

Not in year 1.....you have to give rooks a chance to develop?

That is the problem with people.....no patience.

Now....in year 2 you started seeing trends that you cant ignore.

but.....it has Always been TT is better then EJ

You forgot a few:

And that excuses him consistently not seeing the WR's and TE's that were on the field getting open? Watch an All-22 from last year. Any.

The Defense certainly played a part. I don't think you'll hear anyone argue against that. But Monday Night in Seattle - the Defense put Taylor in position to win the game. If it's all on the Defense, why did they lose that game?

And it's funny that you took Shady's name right out of my mouth. Maybe because you expected it and you expected it because it's true. Fact is - when you have the #1 Rushing attack in the league, having the WORST passing attack is all the more damning. When you can run, it's much easier to pass. And Taylor made it look very hard.

*head against wall* How do the kids put it these days? "I literally can't even right now".....

Being better than straight up trash doesn't make someone good. Tyrod Taylor is a step up from what they've had at times, yes. But it's still not good enough.

Who will replace him? I don't know for sure. But I can tell you one thing - there is worlds more available to the Bills in FA and the Draft then there was two years ago when we were in a similar situation. And that year they found someone no one was talking about in Tyrod Taylor. I have faith they can find better in FA and/or the Draft this year.

And if Tyrod Taylor flames out on another team or we go through another year of mediocrity because we kept him - i'll remember people like you and hope not to hear sorry excuses like "so and so was hurt" and "he can't pass but he helps the run game".

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I don't think they watched every game last season like most of us did. You have to to truly appreciate tyrod's putridness.

Putrid? Maybe not Franchise, but putrid? Points > passing yards.

If they start deciding the winner by who has more passing yards, I'll change my mind.

And that excuses him consistently not seeing the WR's and TE's that were on the field getting open? Watch an All-22 from last year. Any.

The Defense certainly played a part. I don't think you'll hear anyone argue against that. But Monday Night in Seattle - the Defense put Taylor in position to win the game. If it's all on the Defense, why did they lose that game?

And it's funny that you took Shady's name right out of my mouth. Maybe because you expected it and you expected it because it's true. Fact is - when you have the #1 Rushing attack in the league, having the WORST passing attack is all the more damning. When you can run, it's much easier to pass. And Taylor made it look very hard.

*head against wall* How do the kids put it these days? "I literally can't even right now".....

Being better than straight up trash doesn't make someone good. Tyrod Taylor is a step up from what they've had at times, yes. But it's still not good enough.

Who will replace him? I don't know for sure. But I can tell you one thing - there is worlds more available to the Bills in FA and the Draft then there was two years ago when we were in a similar situation. And that year they found someone no one was talking about in Tyrod Taylor. I have faith they can find better in FA and/or the Draft this year.

And if Tyrod Taylor flames out on another team or we go through another year of mediocrity because we kept him - i'll remember people like you and hope not to hear sorry excuses like "so and so was hurt" and "he can't pass but he helps the run game".

Really? who? and dont start saying draft picks until you have actually seen them play at the pro level

If they start deciding the winner by who has more passing yards, I'll change my mind.

Its these little "key words" that tyrod haters use that make them look so foolish

Not a franchise guy.....maybe not even a top 15 guy......but the words "lousy" and "putrid"

Just foolish

That would be justice.

Exactly