The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have no idea why you are shooting the messenger (me).  You clearly have no idea what I stand behind, what I think of this entire situation, etc as your assertions indicate.  I am bringing information forward as to why President Trump says he has the final say (because he does). This is not a power bestowed onto Trump alone, this is a power Congress bestowed upon any President. If you don't like it, consult your Congress-critter or go back in time to the 70s and 80s when those acts were written, and have them changed.

I’m not trying to attack you.  I’m attacking a position that far too many “conservatives” are holding themselves to, part of which you seem to be aligning behind with your general acceptance of a law which flies in the face of federalism, liberal democracy, and self-determination.

Nine government appointed lawyers placed into lifetime positions are not oracles.  They do not determine right and wrong, and their decisions are political more often than not.  They are a part of the oppressive machinations of leviathan, and are not the bulwarks of your freedoms.  Like any other government official who seeks to normalize tyranny, they should be torn down and discarded; and the government itself has no mechanism to do so.  The five Justices who rendered this decision did so incorrectly, just as equally bad law was upheld during slavery.

Further, the Congress has no such ability to create such a law as the Constitution does not grant Congress the power to suspend Constitutional protections or to abrogate its legislative duties.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I am once again returning to vocally advocating that libertarians cast protest votes in favor of Joe Biden.

Utterly inane.

Any "libertarian" that casts a vote for biden is no such thing. Protest vote or not.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Have you learned nothing in the last 3 1/2 years? Trump has been on the side of the Constitution since his inauguration. Trump also uses what might be considered outrageous statements by some as a part of his negotiating process. I haven't taken any time to try to figure this out yet but I'm confident that despite his words he'll actually do the right thing. Relax.

He has had, at best, a tenuous relationship with Constitutional protections.  He’s now gone well over the line.

We’re currently entering week five of American communism.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Utterly inane.

Any "libertarian" that casts a vote for biden is no such thing. Protest vote or not.

Better that than live under Pinochet or Maduro.  

But then, you’ve been know to advocate for the political imprisonments of journalists and dissenters, so we know where you stand.

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Better that than live under Pinochet or Maduro.  

But then, you’ve been know to advocate for the political imprisonments of journalists and dissenters, so we know where you stand.

:lol:

Your hyperbole is just so adorable. You'd put someone who, at best is suffering from dementia with a KNOWN history of corruption into office because you *think* the president is acting like a king. Best of luck with that, Mr. Principles.

• Haha (+1) 1

....but these pressers are "Belichick like".........as in yesterday.....

CBS reporter: "Mr President, what are you doing about China? I have not seen any information as to what your Administration is doing . What are you doing if anything"?

Trump: "How do you know what we are doing about the China matter? How do you know we are NOT working on the matter? Besides, you'd be the LAST one I would tell".

.....popcorn, bourbon and Depends are running low watching these......

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

Your hyperbole is just so adorable. You'd put someone who, at best is suffering from dementia with a KNOWN history of corruption into office because you *think* the president is acting like a king. Best of luck with that, Mr. Principles.

Make sure you suck that jackboot good and wet before you beg the king to shove it up your ass, Joe.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Why don't you enumerate the "king's" numerous abuses of power for us all, "smartest guy in the room."

I’m going to step away from my keyboard, as this is beginning to get personal, and I have no interest in taking it to that level.

I’ll be back later.  In the interim, I’ll ask you to reflect on five weeks of American communism.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I’m not trying to attack you.  I’m attacking a position that far too many “conservatives” are holding themselves to, part of which you seem to be aligning behind with your general acceptance of a law which flies in the face of federalism, liberal democracy, and self-determination.

Nine government appointed lawyers placed into lifetime positions are not oracles.  They do not determine right and wrong, and their decisions are political more often than not.  They are a part of the oppressive machinations of leviathan, and are not the bulwarks of your freedoms.  Like any other government official who seeks to normalize tyranny, they should be torn down and discarded; and the government itself has no mechanism to do so.  The five Justices who rendered this decision did so incorrectly, just as equally bad law was upheld during slavery.

Further, the Congress has no such ability to create such a law as the Constitution does not grant Congress the power to suspend Constitutional protections or to abrogate its legislative duties.

I am not a Conservative. I hold two (firm) positions that bar me from ever having that appellation.  ? I am a political mutt.

Whether or not I agree with the 9-black-robed wonders being the final say, legislative and executive branches have ceded that power to them. Again, the act you are complaining about granting the president a ***** ton of powers in a time of national disaster was affirmed by the SC this past July.  Until Congress can get together and form a veto proof majority to have those acts repealed, they are here to stay.

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I’m going to step away from my keyboard, as this is beginning to get personal, and I have no interest in taking it to that level.

I’ll be back later.  In the interim, I’ll ask you to reflect on five weeks of American communism.

Maybe it takes a simple guy to point out the obvious, but to break the tension a bit. 

You folks are all capable of handling yourselves, but this struck me as damn funny:

"...as this is beginning to get personal..." came after "Make sure you suck that jackboot good and wet before you beg the king to shove it up your ass, Joe."

This could be better than Ali-Frazier.

edit:  Then Joe comes up with a call for "grievances".

Jackboots, Kings and Grievances!    

I feel like I'm watching that TV show "Turn", except I can never understand the characters as they sound muffled, like a bunch of muffled tory's. 

•  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am not a Conservative. I hold two (firm) positions that bar me from ever having that appellation.  ? I am a political mutt.

Whether or not I agree with the 9-black-robed wonders being the final say, legislative and executive branches have ceded that power to them. Again, the act you are complaining about granting the president a ***** ton of powers in a time of national disaster was affirmed by the SC this past July.  Until Congress can get together and form a veto proof majority to have those acts repealed, they are here to stay.

Political violence against elected officials is a legitimate check and balance against government corruption and general malfeasance.  The ballot box is a sham, created by the power elite for the purpose of controlling the population.  The franchise does not self legitimize when approximately 20% of the population proposes to dictate to the 80%

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe it takes a simple guy to point out the obvious, but to break the tension a bit. 

You folks are all capable of handling yourselves, but this struck me as damn funny:

"...as this is beginning to get personal..." came after "Make sure you suck that jackboot good and wet before you beg the king to shove it up your ass, Joe."

This could be better than Ali-Frazier.

•  

I’m self-aware enough to realize when I’m acting in a way I find unprincipled.  I didn’t accuse anyone else.  I own my actions and words.  Others are free to do or be less.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Political violence against elected officials is a legitimate check and balance against government corruption and general malfeasance.  The ballot box is a sham, created by the power elite for the purpose of controlling the population.  The franchise does not self legitimize when approximately 20% of the population proposes to dictate to the 80%

...seriously?...SERIOUSLY?......KKK?...white supremacist groups?...Antifah?......armed militias?......."Houston, we have a problem here"...SMH................

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Yeeeaaaaah, I'm out. You have a good day.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?...SERIOUSLY?......KKK?...white supremacist groups?...Antifah?......armed militias?......."Houston, we have a problem here"...SMH................

Even better, he'd vote against one guy with supposed autocratic and corrupt tendencies in favor of another guy with known and documented history of such tendencies. On principle. Asinine.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Even better, he'd vote against one guy with supposed autocratic and corrupt tendencies in favor of another guy with known and documented history of such tendencies. On principle. Asinine.

...could be the perfect name for a political party whether a current rename or future....we are effed up bud...........