Why has One Bills Drive been so quiet?

Mike32282

Usually by now, we hear something about our restricted free agents, and the latest offers to our UFAs. Something must be going on at One Bills Drive, because it's been much quieter than normal. I think something is brewing. TD is probably talking to some of the cap cuts right now and maybe is working on a couple different trades. Either way, it just doesn't feel right. is it just me or does anyone else feel this way? :doh:

RFA: CB Kevin Thomas, G Mike Pucillo, and RB Joe Burns

EFA: RB Dante Brown, LB Josh Stamer, LS Jon Dorenbos

Shane Matthews? Marcus Price? They are both UFAs. What about the RFAs? Don't we usually hear about the tenders by now? There are a couple good names on that list too.

I'd like to see Kevin Thomas get tendered, Josh Stamer should definitely get re-signed. I'm surprised they didn't already work something out. And then Jon Dorenbos is our LS. Moorman is comfortable with him, should be re-signed.

mega-blockbuster uber-deal coming....something on the order of..we are trading our entire team to New England for theirs plus 20 or 30 grand.  It's always quiet just before the Bills braintrust rocks our world.  Hang on!!

255873[/snapback]

ROFLMAO! :lol::doh:

As TD likes to say, "Stay Tuned...." :doh:

The ERFA's will stay Bills as long as a minimum qualifying offer has been made. The Bills have thge right to match any offers made for the RFA's.

» Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) - Players with four years or more of NFL experience who can sign with their own team or any other team in the NFL. If they leave their previous team the team that signs them can do so without having to award the previous team compensation.

» Restricted Free Agents (RFA) - Players with three years of NFL experience. Like an unrestricted free agent they are free to negotiate with any team however the current team has the right to match any offer and if they do so they retain the rights to the player. Failure to meet the offer means the player is awarded to the new team but the new team must give the old team compensation in the form of draft picks.

» Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFA) - Players with two or fewer years of experience who have no outside negotiating power. Their rights belong to their previous club provided they are made a minimum qualifying offer.

» Franchise Free Agents (FFA) - Unrestricted free agents who have been designated as the "Franchise" player. Current team has the right to match any offer. If they refuse they are given compensation by the new team the player has signed to play for.

» Transitional Free Agents (TFA) - Players who can negotiate with any club but current team retains matching rights.