Trump Planning On Turning Internet Into Toll Road

Dr.Sack

Net neutrality going down fast. Also the gem of driving up prison phone rates beyond the already incredibly rapacious rates that benefit only tel cos.

Gouging families of CRIMINALS.

Yes. I know the families lack of will power to not call a prisoner family member may hurt the family on outside. Yet, does the gouging go to subsidize the prison?

Just ban telecommunications all together in prison... Gee, that's a novel idea!

I know indirectly they are making family pay and it hurts generations.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Thanks for the link.

The very first sentence shows the Times' bias on the issue: "In his first days as President Trump’s pick to lead the Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai has aggressively moved to roll back consumer protection regulations created during the Obama presidency."

They were not consumer protection regulations, they were a federal takeover of the entire IT landscape.

Thanks for the link.

The very first sentence shows the Times' bias on the issue: "In his first days as President Trumps pick to lead the Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai has aggressively moved to roll back consumer protection regulations created during the Obama presidency."

They were not consumer protection regulations, they were a federal takeover of the entire IT landscape.

I know attacking the news is the play of the day but if you want to pick a different source feel free. The content of his decisions is the same.

Gouging families of CRIMINALS.

Yes. I know the families lack of will power to not call a prisoner family member may hurt the family on outside. Yet, does the gouging go to subsidize the prison?

Just ban telecommunications all together in prison... Gee, that's a novel idea!

I know indirectly they are making family pay and it hurts generations.

The rates to accept a call from prison are absurd. I had someone close in prison for a long time. A 2 minute conversation was $15. That helped no one but the rapacious telephone co. There's no competition in that space. Sure it's limited and who gives a crap about prisoners but it's a really bad system and hurts almost only poor people who have even less chance of reform if they get less outside contact. Edited by Benjamin Franklin

I know attacking the news is the play of the day but if you want to pick a different source feel free. The content of his decisions is the same.

Read what I've already said about the issue. And I will most certainly attack the news when they so blatantly describe something as being other than it actually is. It's no wonder we have so many drooling morons walking around, if this is the sort of thing that's supposed to be taken as gospel.

The funny part is that NYT online team would love for net neutrality to go away so they can salvage whatever remains of the paper's business model.

It's perfectly fine to attack the article because it's factually slanted.

The FCC had strayed far from its mission in the last administration, and it shouldn't shock people that they're being dismantled rapidly.

BTW, prison call rates have nothing to do with net neutrality. They have everything to do with greedy state governments.

Net neutrality going down fast. Also the gem of driving up prison phone rates beyond the already incredibly rapacious rates that benefit only tel cos.

I'm an expert on this. It's state county and other gov waste allowing this. A 15 min phone call is about $35. I'm fine with that

Say whaaaaat?

Governments are never greedy or self interested. They have only the best interest of the public at mind :rolleyes:

How the hell did you get so jaded about gov't not helping people, places, or economy? Wasn't your father a cop? Don't you like nice beaches in Erie along Presque Isle? And yes, I was in on that beach construction project back in early 1990s w/the Corps. We built the stone nourishing mounds that parallel Presque Isle. That's before Freecell on computer took off!

;-)

How the hell did you get so jaded about gov't not helping people, places, or economy? Wasn't your father a cop? Don't you like nice beaches in Erie along Presque Isle? And yes, I was in on that beach construction project back in early 1990s w/the Corps. We built the stone nourishing mounds that parallel Presque Isle. That's before Freecell on computer took off!

;-)

As you said, Dad was a cop. Also, my brother is a college professor and I have done a bit of Federal IT support.

Perspective from the inside how the system works.

;-)

Did you eat at Sarah's everyday?

Did you eat at Sarah's everyday?

No. Most of the time there was hydro survey work out on water or QA work with inspecting the armour stone and how they were being place in water. Then looking for voids & settling after placement. We'd launch on the inside, one guy would take the boat and shoot the channel (between the sheet pile groins leaving Erie Harbor) out to Lake and meet up w/crew on the outside numbered beaches. Lunches were in the field by the boat. Mostly late winter, spring, and fall work outside the high season.

Know... While in Conneaut, Ohio... When we sounded there, we would always go to Johnson's for breakfast.

No. Most of the time there was hydro survey work out on water or QA work with inspecting the armour stone and how they were being place in water. Then looking for voids & settling after placement. We'd launch on the inside, one guy would take the boat and shoot the channel (between the sheet pile groins leaving Erie Harbor) out to Lake and meet up w/crew on the outside numbered beaches. Lunches were in the field by the boat. Mostly late winter, spring, and fall work outside the high season.

Know... While in Conneaut, Ohio... When we sounded there, we would always go to Johnson's for breakfast.

Should have hit up Sarahs and checked out Waldameer

Did you get to try a greeker while you were in town?

Should have hit up Sarahs and checked out Waldameer

Did you get to try a greeker while you were in town?

This was years ago... Erie Harbor and Presque Isle beach project was not during high summer season. I want to say I was staying @ The Ramada (is that the Hammett exit, Parade Street, I90?)... Anyway...

...I was young and in love... On weekends I would beat out of town back to BFLo or Champagne, IL where the future Ms. Crazy EiL (1994) was in grad school. We worked compressed week so it gave me Thursday after work to getting back in @ 07:00 on Monday.

This was before Freecell and internet. ;-)

LoL... I remember one argument in the construction trailer between a guy on the crew & me... Sports... "How many SuperBowls were The Team from DC in to date. I think I said 4 and my co-worker 3. Anyway, pre-internet... We had to call the reference librarian @ the Erie Library! LoL... I won the bet.

Traveling through now, we do hit a falafel place next to to brew pub, post office. LoL... I am so multi-cultural, hope Trump hasn't shut the place down, they were Syrians that ran it. :-/

This was years ago... Erie Harbor and Presque Isle beach project was not during high summer season. I want to say I was staying @ The Ramada (is that the Hammett exit, Parade Street, I90?)... Anyway...

...I was young and in love... On weekends I would beat out of town back to BFLo or Champagne, IL where the future Ms. Crazy EiL (1994) was in grad school. We worked compressed week so it gave me Thursday after work to getting back in @ 07:00 on Monday.

This was before Freecell and internet. ;-)

LoL... I remember one argument in the construction trailer between a guy on the crew & me... Sports... "How many SuperBowls were The Team from DC in to date. I think I said 4 and my co-worker 3. Anyway, pre-internet... We had to call the reference librarian @ the Erie Library! LoL... I won the bet.

Traveling through now, we do hit a falafel place next to to brew pub, post office. LoL... I am so multi-cultural, hope Trump hasn't shut the place down, they were Syrians that ran it. :-/

Seriously? The team from DC? Edited by 4merper4mer