Will Tyrod Taylor win a Superbowl in his career?

FireChan

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will he win one?

2. 2. Should we keep him?

I won't bother to name the Ryan Leifs and the other busts. It's a crap shoot. You should know that. I think a good team can win with Tyrod. We scored enough points. REX should be the target of your venom. Why do you virtually ignore that?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't bother to name the Ryan Leifs and the other busts. It's a crap shoot. You should know that. I think a good team can win with Tyrod. We scored enough points. REX should be the target of your venom. Why do you virtually ignore that?

Rex is gone. I campaigned for his firing since 2015.

Why do you ignore that?

It's a crap shoot, but it's not that big of a crap shoot. You have about a 50% chance of your QB becoming franchise if taken in the top 10.

If we finished #1 or #2 the last 6 years in a row and took a QB, we could have:

Goff/Wentz

Winston/Mariota

Bortles/Bridgewater

EJ/Geno

Luck/RG3

Cam/Locker

Come on!

Edited by FireChan

Rex is gone. I campaigned for his firing since 2015.

Why do you ignore that?

It's a crap shoot, but it's not that big of a crap shoot. You have about a 50% chance of your QB becoming franchise if taken in the top 10.

If we finished #1 or #2 the last 6 years in a row and took a QB, we could have:

Goff/Wentz

Winston/Mariota

Bortles/Bridgewater

EJ/Geno

Luck/RG3

Cam/Locker

Come on!

TOP picks all, and I'd take Marriota, Winston and probably Wentz over Tyrod. HALF.

Oops, you added names. Either way, go 0-16 or thereabouts for a 50% chance, when we are a borderline playoff team.

Go ahead, the Browns have a place for you.

That's what 50% means. How bad would you have to draft if you couldn't get a guy after 3 years with a 50-50 shot each time?

Ridiculous, are you drafting top 3 every year and always taking a QB? You need to get your meds checked. Seriously. Good night.

Oops, you added names. Either way, go 0-16 or thereabouts for a 50% chance, when we are a borderline playoff team.

Go ahead, the Browns have a place for you.

I want the Bills to get a franchise guy. Not the Browns.

Even you can admit there's merit to my plan. You may disagree with tanking on principle. But being a borderline playoff team doesn't mean anything when the last piece we need is a QB and we have a worse chance to find one.

No he won't.

He already has a Super Bowl ring Gunner so....your WRONG!

As a starting QB? He has to have a really good team around him. I dont put ceilings on people because they can always improve but he would need to have that Denver Defense from 2015/16.

I dont think anyone would have seen Trent Dilfer play and said 'that guy' is gonna win a Super Bowl as a starting QB but he had the right team behind him.

I want the Bills to get a franchise guy. Not the Browns.

Even you can admit there's merit to my plan. You may disagree with tanking on principle. But being a borderline playoff team doesn't mean anything when the last piece we need is a QB and we have a worse chance to find one.

We have the #10 pick this year though. If they see a QB they like they should take him, I also think we should keep Tyrod for now as he gives us the best chance to win, out of any FA QB short of....idk maybe Foles? I wont say Cousins cuz he will def go back to the Redskins.

Obviously I meant as a starter. And spare me the Trent Dilfer nonsense please...... he is the poster boy for propping up Quarterbacks who are not good enough. Tyrod is a nice piece but to even make the playoffs with him you need a top running game (I know he contributes to that even on plays where he himself doesn't run) and a top 10 defense and (according to people here) bona fide passing weapons on both sides. That is the definition of a Quarterback who is a complimentary piece.... if that is what you have then you need to have better.

Always look to upgrade.

I'm the mean time, keep the QB who helps the run game immensely and NEVER turns the ball over until you have something better. Nothing in FA is better.

And as I keep saying - I understand that logic and if the Bills can find some way of renegotiating the hit they would take from getting out from under the Tyrod deal at the end of 2017 then it would be a no brainer to keep him. I am worried by making a sizeable commitment that ties you for multiple years to someone you are looking to upgrade. I go back and forth daily on what I would do with Tyrod if the only options are this contract or release him. I think having brought in an OC who is familiar with him that maybe nudges it to 51-49 in favour of keeping him but it is still a finely balanced decision for me.

And as I keep saying - I understand that logic and if the Bills can find some way of renegotiating the hit they would take from getting out from under the Tyrod deal at the end of 2017 then it would be a no brainer to keep him. I am worried by making a sizeable commitment that ties you for multiple years to someone you are looking to upgrade. I go back and forth daily on what I would do with Tyrod if the only options are this contract or release him. I think having brought in an OC who is familiar with him that maybe nudges it to 51-49 in favour of keeping him but it is still a finely balanced decision for me.

How about renegotiating and offering him a raise in 2017 on a 1 year deal that allows him to become UFA after 2017. If he has a big season he will be set for a huge score in next years free agent market. I see this as the only way for him to giveback the back end of his current contract.

How about renegotiating and offering him a raise in 2017 on a 1 year deal that allows him to become UFA after 2017. If he has a big season he will be set for a huge score in next years free agent market. I see this as the only way for him to giveback the back end of his current contract.

I'd be happy with that so long as the raise was reasonable. I'd give him an extra $2-3m in 2017 to be able to get out cheaply after that season if he would take that. If he lights it up next year then you tag him.

He won't restructure

Well then that shows a major lack of confidence on this part now doesn't it. I do not happen to agree with you and you gave no reasons to support your position.

I'd be happy with that so long as the raise was reasonable. I'd give him an extra $2-3m in 2017 to be able to get out cheaply after that season if he would take that. If he lights it up next year then you tag him.

Actually those were the exact numbers I had in mind

Well then that shows a major lack of confidence on this part now doesn't it. I do not happen to agree with you and you gave no reasons to support your position.

Actually those were the exact numbers I had in mind

I happen to think TT will take his chances in FA over restructuring with the Bills. Why open the door to restructure when you can probably get bigger money on the FA market with other suitors?

TT could win a Superbowl if he went to a team like Denver with a defense that won the game a few years ago. They won not because of their Qb, but overcame the drag Peyton created that year. I seriously doubt TT will ever win a Superbowl, but he might win it if the team had a defense rare enough to overcome his mediocrity.

But that Denver team was a rare team, and it is no longer even that rare team. I don't see him going to another team and a situation like that other than Denver. Houston might be able to overcome a mediocre QB, they even had an echo of a chance with a seriously crappy QB in NE. But I don't see them being able to afford using up $30 to $40 Million in cap on their crappy QB's contract dead money and TT's cap hit. None of the other teams mentioned for TT to land in are good enough to overcome his mediocrity and make it to the Superbowl.

Edited by simpleman

I happen to think TT will take his chances in FA over restructuring with the Bills. Why open the door to restructure when you can probably get bigger money on the FA market with other suitors?

So you are saying he will refuse any renegotiation and force the Bills hand? That actually makes perfect sense really.