Will Tyrod Taylor win a Superbowl in his career?

FireChan

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will he win one?

2. 2. Should we keep him?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with OP's logic. The operative question isn't "Will he?", it's "Can he?". And while I voted no for "Will he?", I would vote yes for "Can he?". And as such, I voted yes for keep him. And I think OP knows he's full of it, because his post talks about the implications of a QB who *could* win the Super Bowl, not one who specifically will do so. Or does he really think that all 22 QBs he listed will definitely win Super Bowls in their careers? If so, I'll happily take that bet.

I don't think Tyrod will ever be good enough to be the Aaron Rodgers type who can win the Super Bowl practically by himself (and note yesterday - even Rodgers can't win all by himself), but switch places with him and Russell Wilson, and I don't think you see much fall-off in Seattle, and I don't think you see much upgrade in Buffalo.

I voted no for "Will he?" because let's face it, very few QBs will ever win a Super Bowl in their career. Odds are against it. But on the right team, Tyrod absolutely could win the Super Bowl. I don't think he could ever be league MVP, though.

I don't think so either. It is hard to find a restructure that suits the Bills and provides him with enough incentive to come back to the table.

Yeah I'd say it's likely they won't restructure.

And the cap figure may be up another $45M total by 2018 over the number that it was in 2016 when he signed the deal.

If the Bills find a franchise QB in the meantime it's likely going to be a young player on a cheap contract so not really certain what all the handwringing about the Tyrod number is.

Yeah I'd say it's likely they won't restructure.

And the cap figure may be up another $45M total by 2018 over the number that it was in 2016 when he signed the deal.

If the Bills find a franchise QB in the meantime it's likely going to be a young player on a cheap contract so not really certain what all the handwringing about the Tyrod number is.

As you know I think he is at the bottom of the game manager tier and you have him at the top... my concern is less the paying him this year more the likely tying yourself to him for 3, particularly when I think we are in a "reload" if not a total "rebuild" phase the next couple of years.

I don't think Tyrod is horrible and I can understand the logic of keeping him. At this stage I would understand whichever way they go.

Dennison coming in at least makes me a little reassured that we will be getting a staff to get the best out of Tyrod rather than paying him and then trying to make him something he is not which was my other worry.

Taylor keeps us competitive. if we go 9-7, 10-6 next season, get to wild card or just miss wild card, we are competitive for top end-free agents to come here as the one last "hurrah" to get us over the hump. Hopefully one of the two QBs we drafted will be ready to take the reins by that time.