Millennials share the worst advice from baby boomers

The price of everything has gone up Substantially, and minimum wage has not.

The price of college tuition is out of control. The average monthly payback cost to go to college for four years for those that have to take out loans is above $600 a month.

They dont have time to get a job in HS because like others have said, so many qualifications are forced on them.

If they don't go to a good school, forget about landing a good paying job out of college unless you know someone.

If you have a job during college, good luck having any sort of life.

Kids can no longer afford to get apartments because the price of a 2 Bedroom place is $900 a month +

600 a month to payback loans and rough 600 a month to move out of moms house if you split.

Also, the people that raised the "Millennials" to be lazy, the ones who constantly complain about them.

Do what I did: Join the army and live independently.

Yep, and get a breakout by zipcode and you will see a concentration of where low test scores lie. It ain't spread out like peanut butter, it's concentrated in low-income areas across this country. Those kids are not any smarter or any dumber than the rest of the country, they just don't have the same resources at their disposal.

Edited by plenzmd1

This ^ Generational differences are more about the difference between youth and adulthood. We all get older and mature. When this happens young people seem incredibly stupid to us. It will always work this way betweeen generations. During the 60s and 70s no one would have thought the baby boomer generation would be talking trash to younger generations about responsibility,hard work,whining,and maturity. The greatest generation looked at the baby boomers as the antithesis of all those ideals. Now the baby boomers claim to be the respectable ones who don't understand the younger generations. The baby boomers created the world we live in now.

I don't think kids/teenagers are stupid nowadays, far from it, but the majority sure are lazy and entitled.

I don't think kids/teenagers are stupid nowadays, far from it, but the majority sure are lazy and entitled.

I feel like this is also a commonly recurring sentiment between generations. Plenty of lazy/entitled 20 somethings go on to be very successful. They always have, and always will. The majority of wealth/business in the world is passed down to lazy/entitled offspring. They usually grow up, mature and continue their families legacy.

Yep, and get a breakout by zipcode and you will see a concentration of where low test scores lie. It ain't spread out like peanut butter, it's concentrated in low-income areas across this country. Those kids are not any smarter or any dumber than the rest of the country, they just don't have the same resources at their disposal.

Having worked in my field for 15 years in the lowest of low income areas,a top tier upper middle class suburb, and a working class first ring suburb I can say with conviction that you could swap the teachers from those schools and the kids by in large wouldn't notice the difference. There are great teachers at every school and there are really crappy teachers at every school. I'd argue that you'd often find better ones in the low income areas because they have learned how to do more with much less.

There are PLENTY of other disparities I could list for you that do make a palpable difference though.