The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

Well, except for the 11 million or so illegal aliens. And that whole 9/11 thing. And the banking catastrophe. And the collapse of manufacturing. But other than that, peaches and cream.

They aren't drafting 18 year olds to fight needless wars.

They isn't serious insurrection in the US, there is a lot of gum-flapping which is useless

Standard of living is way better than prior generations, things we take for granted were luxuries in the 1970s.

Standard of living is way better than prior generations, things we take for granted were luxuries in the 1970s.

I'll grant you your first two indicators, but this one is WAY off. The cost of everything is astronomical in comparison to the 60s/70s, and wages haven't had solid growth in a LONG time. Job security is far worse as well, and american manufacturing is all but dead.

I'll grant you your first two indicators, but this one is WAY off. The cost of everything is astronomical in comparison to the 60s/70s, and wages haven't had solid growth in a LONG time. Job security is far worse as well, and american manufacturing is all but dead.

Food isn't astronomical, inflation isn't destroying people on fixed pensions, we aren't waiting for 2 gallons of gas after waiting 3 hours the 2 days a week we are eligible.

interest rates are negligible, you aren't deliriously joyful because you eked out an 18% mortgage for 5 years...

Back in the day you just sat there watching a potato bake for entertainment, now you can be fulfilled on empty calories mentally with Facebook and chat boards and internet "entertanment"

Food isn't astronomical, inflation isn't destroying people on fixed pensions, we aren't waiting for 2 gallons of gas after waiting 3 hours the 2 days a week we are eligible.

interest rates are negligible, you aren't deliriously joyful because you eked out an 18% mortgage for 5 years...

Let me give you an example of what i'm talking about.

My father in 1970 had a reasonable expectation of a 30 year career with the same company (Bethlehem Steel), excellent prospects for career advancement in the same company, health insurance for his whole family, the ability to buy a HOUSE for $20,000 and an income to support a wife and four children. Oh did I mention as a perk, he had membership in a management club that provided free swimming, bowling and golf for him and his entire family?

Unimaginable today.

That's the key indicator. :lol:

fake dreams of security were only for a generation of Americans, they were never there up till the post WW2 years and they are long gone now, pack it in thinking you are going to stay at the same company for 30 years, and WHO WANTS THAT ANYWAYS????

it depends on what your priority system is, i never cared about owning a house and letting it age me 20 years prematurely over the worry of maintaining and paying off the mortgage

my friends and colleagues all graduated in the early 1990s into 30 years careers themselves, that wanted it and went out and got it.

so because I don't have a bowling membership from work, life sucks horribly???

fake dreams of security were only for a generation of Americans, they were never there up till the post WW2 years and they are long gone now, pack it in thinking you are going to stay at the same company for 30 years, and WHO WANTS THAT ANYWAYS????

it depends on what your priority system is, i never cared about owning a house and letting it age me 20 years prematurely over the worry of maintaining and paying off the mortgage

my friends and colleagues all graduated in the early 1990s into 30 years careers themselves, that wanted it and went out and got it.

so because I don't have a bowling membership from work, life sucks horribly?

Life doesn't -suck-. That being said, Americans work longer for less than they did 30 years ago, and that's pretty undebatable.

Life doesn't -suck-. That being said, Americans work longer for less than they did 30 years ago, and that's pretty undebatable.

so what? just lay down in a fetal position and die?

boo frickin hoo....

so much negativity hammered into the young

must be hard having to hear everyone is a racist, everything sucks, everything is so much harder now...

Let me give you an example of what i'm talking about.

My father in 1970 had a reasonable expectation of a 30 year career with the same company (Bethlehem Steel), excellent prospects for career advancement in the same company, health insurance for his whole family, the ability to buy a HOUSE for $20,000 and an income to support a wife and four children. Oh did I mention as a perk, he had membership in a management club that provided free swimming, bowling and golf for him and his entire family?

Unimaginable today.

That's the key indicator. :lol:

Probably a different thread topic. But as has been brought up countless times, if you're under 55 yrs old and don't recognize that this is a much different economic environment than your parents, then you are among the world's biggest idiots. It was easy for the US industrial base to provide working incentives to its workforce when US was the world's manufacturer. The party ended in the '70s. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone paying attention.

Edited by GG

so what? just lay down in a fetal position and die?

boo frickin hoo....

so much negativity hammered into the young

must be hard having to hear everyone is a racist, everything sucks, everything is so much harder now...

So what? Need to fight to take the country back from the people who made it that way.

Probably a different thread topic. But as has been brought up countless times, if you're under 55 yrs old and don't recognize that this is a much different economic environment than your parents, then you are among the world's biggest idiots. It was easy for the US industrial base to provide working incentives to its workforce when US was the world's manufacturer. The party ended in the '70s. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone paying attention.

I realize it's a different environment. It's a different environment because the bankers/investment sector wanted it to be so. 100% employment was not good for business.

So what? Need to fight to take the country back from the people who made it that way.

Ruined by the millions, rescued one by one.

Need to get the kids to hit the books and educate themselves usefully for the working world.

And them to try to live a decent life that isn't obviously leading to death, jail, or sitting under a tree broke.

Best done by a real set of parents to guide their young, a decent piety through religion helps as well.

I realize it's a different environment. It's a different environment because the bankers/investment sector wanted it to be so. 100% employment was not good for business.

What in the world are you talking about? Since when does Wall Street benefit from more unemployment?

any jobs cause an increase in the economy

even a denigrated (by liberal elites) factory job leads to marketing and sales and transportation and managing opportunities for others

and a paycheck means housing and groceries and gas and oil

wall street loves this.

hey...... stop worrying about Wall Street and tend to your own gardens and souls first...

What in the world are you talking about? Since when does Wall Street benefit from more unemployment

So Wall Street doesn't benefit from looser labor markets and depressed wages?

hey...... stop worrying about Wall Street and tend to your own gardens and souls first...

Are you some sort of preacher or something? :lol:

So Wall Street doesn't benefit from looser labor markets and depressed wages?

How does Wall Street make more money with less income flowing through the system?

Lower labor costs improve profit margins. Businesses prosper.

Pretty simple.

Then, it's not really Wall Street that's the primary causality of the job migrations.

Yeah but to put it in contect, the US Army (or any Federally funded organization for that matter) losing $1.3B is like you or I losing pocket change in the seat cushions

The only difference being loose weapons and ammo can kill your own troops, whereas loose pocket change cannot.

I'll venture that you'll start posting pictures of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam or remind everyone that Bin Laden used to benefit from USA's help to fight Russians in Afghanistan.

Yet, while it's been pointed out to you that the alliances in Syria are anything but symmetrical, you cling to the naive notion that if US aid ends up in the wrong hands or helps the wrong group is tantamount to direct US involvement. And you go through great length to express false outrage at what the US is doing, despite clear facts that USA's involvement saves lives.

No, sir. You can spin this all you want but you've made your case crystal clear. As have I.

I've pointed out there is direct funding, arming, training and intelligence sharing with ISIS in Syria to overthrow Assad. Instead of fighting ISIS in Syria, elements of the US IC are actively supporting ISIS. This is a fact whether you acknowledge it or not, backed up by evidence throughout this thread from all sorts of sources.

Now we're learning the bomber in Manchester was in Syria receiving his training... from ISIS fighters supported by the US. Another fact you're going to have a hard time reconciling as you deal with the hate burning in your heart.

Hate is the only explanation. You're so driven by hate and blood lust for killing Russians that you're willing to overlook a battlefield alliance with people who blow up little girls in England because it serves your goal.

Which is sad. And dangerous. Your hate has corrupted your moral compass and your ability to look at the situation rationally.

I truly hope you find peace one day. It's not too late. :beer:

The first step is to admit you have a philosophical problem. You support blindly any alliance that creates more dead Russians. That's your goal.

No matter how many little girls get blown up in the process.

More dead Russians means more live and happier persons across the world. I'll take that trade any day.

Your words. Your philosophy. You cannot get a positive from a negative, friend. Until you make a change, you're never going to find peace.