Buffalo Officer Rams Knife-Wielding Man With SUV

Punching Bag

https://gma.yahoo.co...-073623355.html

Authorities in Buffalo, New York, continue to investigate today after footage posted on Facebook Live recently showed a police officer intentionally plowing into a man armed with a knife with his patrol sport utility vehicle.
In the video, shot Saturday, the SUV reverses and then accelerates forward, hitting the man as he tries to run away.

I did not look at the video but of course the person shooting it Sheila Woodard states there was no need but she also sold her story according to other reports giving her a vested interest in story.

And NO the suspect did not look like Jerry Sullivan making it a failed attempt at a Justified Homicide.

I think it was an outstanding move by the officer. If the dude with the knife came at an officer, he would be dead. This guy should be commended for his quick thinking, non-lethal method of taking down a suspect with a knife.

Hitting someone with an SUV isn't exactly non-lethal. In any other context, it's assault with a deadly weapon.

Hitting someone with an SUV isn't exactly non-lethal. In any other context, it's assault with a deadly weapon.

he was stopped and reversed a bit and then hit the guy and immediately stopped. It wasn't going to kill him. But yes, it would have been assault with a deadly weapon if he were not a cop... :doh:

i hope he gets the help he needs. guy is clearly working with a short deck.

he was stopped and reversed a bit and then hit the guy and immediately stopped. It wasn't going to kill him. But yes, it would have been assault with a deadly weapon if he were not a cop... :doh:

he could have knocked the guy to the ground busting his tiny little worthless noggin open.

i hope he gets the help he needs. guy is clearly working with a short deck.

he could have knocked the guy to the ground busting his tiny little worthless noggin open.

Lot's of "could have's" in this situation, but the best possible outcome...