Dragonborn10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed,I really liked Searcy.

So did I and I praised him week after week. He seemed like an extremely smart player and it wouldn't surprise me if he is a coach down the road.

Is this another example of Whaley's mistakes getting swept under the rug or was this a Nix decision?

I'm anticipating an announcement tomorrow morning re: the future of the Ryan Brothers in Buffalo, and I won't be sad to see them leave.

Too much up and down, and not enough talent to weather the downs.

Our players aren't good enough to have him as our coach.

Seriously, I applaud this because I know you were a Rex supporter.. We are here (imo) to discuss the Bills, not to dig in and refuse to bend.

In that vein, my stance on Tyrod is unfortunately changing based on things I have been noticing. We will have plenty of time to talk about it I am sure. :(

So did I and I praised him week after week. He seemed like an extremely smart player and it wouldn't surprise me if he is a coach down the road.

Is this another example of Whaley's mistakes getting swept under the rug or was this a Nix decision?

Whaley was full time GM. I don't remember the circumstances but recall seeing his contract and saying that we couldn't have gave him that. I think it was because of Percy signing(I may be wrong. Iirc Searcy was signed pretty quick in fa. Memory is fading tho)

I really liked Searcy as well. I thought he was a perfect fit for a Rex Ryan defense.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Dolores Searcy was your run-of-the-mill replacement level safety. He was a solid special teamer who became the 11th man on D and cherry picked behind an aggressive pass rushing front. He was easily replaceable in Schwartz D. Corey Graham is a better player........and it's not close. And he's perceived as trash in Rex D.

No doubt that Searcy was helped by the Schwartz defense (pass rush) but I frequently came away thinking that he was right where he was supposed to be, and a few of his big plays won us football games.

Badol, I never heard the man speak but he left me with the feeling that he was a smart, coachable player who was of some value to his team. I appreciate players like this.

Otoh Gilmore has 10x the talent of Searcy, and I don't think that he has won a lot of games for the Bills.

Jmo.

No doubt that Searcy was helped by the Schwartz defense (pass rush) but I frequently came away thinking that he was right where he was supposed to be, and a few of his big plays won us football games.

Badol, I never heard the man speak but he left me with the feeling that he was a smart, coachable player who was of some value to his team. I appreciate players like this.

Otoh Gilmore has 10x the talent of Searcy, and I don't think that he has won a lot of games for the Bills.

Jmo.

Searcy was a solid player with a knack for big plays, but they were more "right place right time" big plays. I liked him, but he IS a guy you have to let walk in the salary cap era.

Searcy was a solid player with a knack for big plays, but they were more "right place right time" big plays. I liked him, but he IS a guy you have to let walk in the salary cap era.

Heaven forbid your safeties be where they're supposed to be. Have you not enjoyed the last 31 games when they haven't been?

You make a good case.

The thing is, I would prefer a 3 million dollar Searcy to a 15 million dollar Gilmore. I would take the leftover 12 million and put it towards a qb, pass rusher or blocker. THESE are the players we should be drafting and developing. They always should have been our main focus.

Once again, jmo.

Jmo.

I was also a Searcy fan, liked Rambo and like Corey Graham too. Always lean towards impact players who can win you games, and away from non-impact players like Lil Donte and Lil Antoine.

For no less than 10 months, a vocal TSW fringe insisted that the 2015 defensive personnel was identical to 2014, that coaching/scheme was the only difference. Injuries and Searcy's departure were scoffed at.

WELP!

Then how do you explain yesterday's meltdown? Players in a position to make plays simply did not. I'll concede some level of coaching failure, but let's be serious. Players make plays.

And prior to yesterday's meltdown, they were a good defense. Great? No. But top half makes you average, at worst.

But to have the kind of dominant defense needed to overcome yearlong deficiencies at QB, you need better talent than what the Bills have.

You explain yesterday's meltdown by the Pitt, New England, Seattle, 1st Miami game and a few other games. The defense is woefully bad and has seriously regressed and that (and poor in game choices and undisciplined play) is why Rex should be canned.

As a group the entire defense is talented, but under performing. Gilmore, talented, but under achiever. Hughes, talented, but undisciplined. Dareus, talented, but unmotivated. To him, his teammate come last. Rest of the DBs and LBs not so talented and not so good.

I was also a Searcy fan, liked Rambo and like Corey Graham too. Always lean towards impact players who can win you games, and away from non-impact players like Lil Donte and Lil Antoine.

Whitner actually COST the team many games. He couldn't cover worth a dime and his tackling skills were highly overrated. He actually collected his entire rookie contract from the Bills. Remember, he actually held out and was paid more than 36 million from that deal.

This is a bad video, but does it bring back ugly memories? :(

Heaven forbid your safeties be where they're supposed to be. Have you not enjoyed the last 31 games when they haven't been?

The Stevan Ridley flub returned for a TD was more dumb luck than Searcy being a good safety, is my point.

You make a good case.

The thing is, I would prefer a 3 million dollar Searcy to a 15 million dollar Gilmore. I would take the leftover 12 million and put it towards a qb, pass rusher or blocker. THESE are the players we should be drafting and developing. They always should have been our main focus.

Once again, jmo.

I don't even know if it's an either/or case personally. With no QB salary (and a few less screw ups like Chris Williams) we could probably have afforded both.

I would never have bothered extending TT before the season.

You explain yesterday's meltdown by the Pitt, New England, Seattle, 1st Miami game and a few other games. The defense is woefully bad and has seriously regressed and that (and poor in game choices and undisciplined play) is why Rex should be canned.

As a group the entire defense is talented, but under performing. Gilmore, talented, but under achiever. Hughes, talented, but undisciplined. Dareus, talented, but unmotivated. To him, his teammate come last. Rest of the DBs and LBs not so talented and not so good.

These inmates aren't talented/disciplined/veteran/mature enough to run the asylum. Rex hasn't figured that out.

When they whiff at tackles all over the field and he gets in front of a mic and says he stands by his reputation, one has to wonder just what the !@#$ he's talking about.

Whitner actually COST the team many games. He couldn't cover worth a dime and his tackling skills were highly overrated. He actually collected his entire rookie contract from the Bills. Remember, he actually held out and was paid more than 36 million from that deal.

Please don't. Please.

I didn't slam him for that one cause IIRC he had a bad shoulder at the time.... and I remember him making a pick-6 against Tampa Bay that helped win a game one year. Only 2 'nice' things I've got to say about Lil Donte. :thumbdown:

I didn't slam him for that one cause IIRC he had a bad shoulder at the time.... and I remember him making a pick-6 against Tampa Bay that helped win a game one year. Only 2 'nice' things I've got to say about Lil Donte. :thumbdown:

I remember a game sealing pick he had in his very first game. Week one against New England, 2006. Refs called him out of bounds on the return. He was a good two feet from the sideline.

That was the game when the first play from scrimmage (for the season, mind you), was a sack/fumble/return for a TD on Brady.

Spikes shot himself out of a cannon so hard he tore his damn achilles.

We ended up losing. In large part because of the refs calling Lil Donte out when he wasn't.

!@#$ me.

So an entire group of highly talented individuals isn't good enough for Rex's system? I do not know what to make of this... I mean, Dareus, hughes, Williams, brown, gilmore, darby are considered among the tops in their position. But... they're not good enough, so instead schlubs like douzable and Lorenzo Alexander are the option? I suppose if we give him lots and lots of time he could be good... ya know cuz hoodie wouldn't be able to work with Dareus, Hughes, et Al.

The bottom line is this would be ridiculous. To strip down talent to trust that Rex Ryan can do something he has never been able to do - build a defense - no thanks. Get this clown out of here.

Gilmore is more valuable to us than ryan