So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait so now you like advanced stats? When someone mentions TT's QBR people's heads explode saying that QBR is a fake stat.

How about this: TT's total EPA ranks 13th in the NFL and is higher than

Eli

Big ben

Mariota

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Wentz

Dalton

Cam Newton

Alex Smith

Bradford

And countless other QB

And oh yeh its 0.1 pts lower than your boy Carr.

Youre chasing ghosts man and making urself look silly in the process.

TT ranks 10th in the NFL in pts added with 31.2

Your right i dont like the QBR stat as a whole. Because i just think it weights places in a AVG QB game to combat the truth that the league has a QB problem.

However the points part of this is different. Though i am not sure i like their clutch factors and how they explain it.

But i have been wanting someone to quantify TT point contribution for the sale of can i offset that loss easily.

I think i can is all i am saying. Yes i see where he is ranked in total EPA. However look at that Run adjustment. But either or serves the purpose i wanted it too quantified TT contribution to the 389 points scored by the Bills.

Well, for TDs alone, TT has "generated" 23, whereas Shady (14) and the running game (all other RBs) have 22.

What other questions do you have?

Yeah not how that works but thanks for trying. A horrible throw to a WR making a great TD catch is not directly attributed to Taylor instead to the WR

Your right i dont like the QBR stat as a whole. Because i just think it weights places in a AVG QB game to combat the truth that the league has a QB problem.

However the points part of this is different. Though i am not sure i like their clutch factors and how they explain it.

But i have been wanting someone to quantify TT point contribution for the sale of can i offset that loss easily.

I think i can is all i am saying. Yes i see where he is ranked in total EPA. However look at that Run adjustment. But either or serves the purpose i wanted it too quantified TT contribution to the 389 points scored by the Bills.

Yeah not how that works but thanks for trying. A horrible throw to a WR making a great TD catch is not directly attributed to Taylor instead to the WR

Is there and English translation for this available?

Anyway, I just checked.....they actually both get credit for the TD.

I have to say, I have never seen a drowning man put more rocks in his pockets before. It's still a little entertaining though.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I just checked.....they actually both get credit for the TD.

I have to say, I have never seen a drowning man put more rocks in his pockets before. It's still a little entertaining though.

Yeah cool. Enjoy it more entertainment than a Bills football game in January Edited by MAJBobby

Yeah how many attributed to Tyrod.

Again Good thing we have Shady and Mike like we had Shady and Karlos last year

Go into the QBR thread look at the weeks see how many weeks TT expected point contribution was negative

This is not Rocket Science

YPA * Attmpts = Passing Yardage

We are DEAD LAST in attempts. With an average YPA you will be DEAD LAST in yardage. Your statistic is worthless in this scenario.

Again I agree the defense is easy to fix.

I disagree the offense needs to be fixed. Improved sure. But the offense has scored enough to win and be in the playoffs.

You can not equate what happened to the Bills WRs this year to losing one WR.

I don't know what the issue was with Clay and TT. Open on All-22 doesn't equate to where the ball should go on any given play. We don't know what the play design dictates. But in general I agree, Clay should have been targeted far more.

In the end my opinion has not changed. I would pick-up the extension as is. Two weeks ago I would have tried to get TT to renegotiate the deal. Maybe Whaley still tries that. But the Bills would still be in the playoff race today with the way the QB played yesterday and through the totality of the season. The defense is the reason the team will miss the playoffs. Did you ever imagine that would be the case 24 months ago? Even if Marrone had not left, no one would have foreseen the total collapse on that side of the ball.

things seemed to open up for clay when Watkins became a factor again.

This is not Rocket Science

YPA * Attmpts = Passing Yardage

We are DEAD LAST in attempts. With an average YPA you will be DEAD LAST in yardage. Your statistic is worthless in this scenario.

Yep worthless glad we keep them. You just love your .500 QB

things seemed to open up for clay when Watkins became a factor again.

Was open all season with or without Sammy. Fact

Your response as usual total deflection with a bit of snark. Your go to move when you have no response and are beat on a point. Just dont respond then. Either respond to the point or Don't reapond at all

Your response as usual total deflection with a bit of snark. Your go to move when you have no response and are beat on a point. Just dont respond then. Either respond to the point or Don't reapond at all

Light him up bro. Tell him about that 1 win vs .500 team per season.

You've got him on the ropes. But still ignoring the Steelers and Raiders games.

Block them out. Who needs playoffs.

So, what's your solution - just go out & clone one ?

The solution is the age old solution: the BILLS need to draft one....and all this "there aren't any" is pure doggy do-doo. In the year Russell Wilson was Drafted many said "too short", this year Dak, in other years Brady, Romo, etc. The point is: your scouting department should be able - at this point - to identify a QB or two who can be "that" guy to lead this team for the next decade or more. Every year there is a QB who exceeds expectations for one reason or another. Somewhere in the 2017 Draft, there is that same type of QB waiting to emerge, scouting department needs to make it the highest priority maybe at the expense of all other positions because it is the single greatest need of any franchise in any sport - and until Buffalo satisfies this issue, they will also be mediocre at best or an utter failure, year after year.

Hard to argue with this. I see many flaws in TTs game, but the offense does put points on the board. They are somewhat unconventional in their approach for the modern NFL . Perhaps the modern measurables aren't as important when assessing the offenses effectivenes? If the goal is to score x number of ppg, does it matter how the offense looks as they score them? Maybe not. A better passing attack would undoubtedly take away from the running attack (there are only so many offensive plays run in a game) so the improvement nay not lead to more points being scored. If one looks at the point total this season and where it stands in team history, this appears likely. Is it realistic to think that more passing yards would lead to the best offensive output the Bills have ever sustained in their existence? Probably not. If getting an obvious upgrade at QB such as Romo is not an option, then TT at the 20th slot in term of QB pay is not crazy. The defense seems more antiquated than the offense, and all efforts at improvement should likely be focused there. Start by showing Rex and his system the door. Keep the Offense with some minor tweaks so players don't need to learn an entirely new system . One side of the ball is enough to start over. Reinvent the D in a more personnel friendly scheme and the Bills may get a two or three game improvement. Easier to make the D a top ten unit than to find a top 5 or 10 QB.

another fine post good i response to another good posting

The solution is the age old solution: the BILLS need to draft one....and all this "there aren't any" is pure doggy do-doo. In the year Russell Wilson was Drafted many said "too short", this year Dak, in other years Brady, Romo, etc. The point is: your scouting department should be able - at this point - to identify a QB or two who can be "that" guy to lead this team for the next decade or more. Every year there is a QB who exceeds expectations for one reason or another. Somewhere in the 2017 Draft, there is that same type of QB waiting to emerge, scouting department needs to make it the highest priority maybe at the expense of all other positions because it is the single greatest need of any franchise in any sport - and until Buffalo satisfies this issue, they will also be mediocre at best or an utter failure, year after year.

keep drafting em

until then keep TT

To be fair....I would really like to know why the last two games they discovered Clay was on the field again. For a while there I thought there might actually be some sort of rift between Tyrod and Clay

Then....all of a sudden starts finding him again.

To be fair....I would really like to know why the last two games they discovered Clay was on the field again. For a while there I thought there might actually be some sort of rift between Tyrod and Clay

Then....all of a sudden starts finding him again.

Job on line and issue last year was middle of the field, which no improvement happened until the heat of not pickijy up the option picks up.

Seems to me got too comfortable and figured he was secure

Edited by MAJBobby

Job on line and issue last year was middle of the field, which no improvement happened until the heat of not pickijy up the option picks up.

I think Lynn told TT to just throw it to him till he pukes

The bills SHOULD draft a QB.....that makes perfect sense but along these peremeters

- Overdrafting QBs is a recepi for disaster.....so the value has to match the pick. picking a guy in the say...2nd round that has a 4th round value...that is how you get Bryce Petty.....how you get EJ Manuel.....etc

- MOST qbs that are drafted are simply no ready to start immediately....yes you have those years where you pull a Dak Prescott out your ass.....Gerad Goff also came out of this draft as well

So to answer....the bills should draft a qb with the idea of him not starting immediately.......or they should give C. Jones burn in camp to see if his mechanics have improved.

I actually like that answer...and as much as I like Tyrod I think we need to have another open camp competition like the year we brought him in

I think Lynn told TT to just throw it to him till he pukes

I am not naive enough to think someone didnt get in his ear and say look your playing yourself out of an assload of guaranteed money.

My issue once option picked up and he is truly secure what TT do we get the one that flashes the last 3 weeks of a season

Or the one that is Blah for the other 12-13?

The bills SHOULD draft a QB.....that makes perfect sense but along these peremeters

- Overdrafting QBs is a recepi for disaster.....so the value has to match the pick. picking a guy in the say...2nd round that has a 4th round value...that is how you get Bryce Petty.....how you get EJ Manuel.....etc

- MOST qbs that are drafted are simply no ready to start immediately....yes you have those years where you pull a Dak Prescott out your ass.....Gerad Goff also came out of this draft as well

So to answer....the bills should draft a qb with the idea of him not starting immediately.......or they should give C. Jones burn in camp to see if his mechanics have improved.

I actually like that answer...and as much as I like Tyrod I think we need to have another open camp competition like the year we brought him in

No one EVER should feel secure. However lets we pick up the option and he is outshined in camp ala Sea with Wilson.

Who in this organization has the stones to admit the mistake of picking up the option and put Tyrod on the bench like Pete did in Seattle.

Answer is no one because thats bad optics on a FO that is all about selling hope and spin.

Just like the Farce that was the open competition (Optics again). Plan always was to have TT start. Rex wanted him since NY. So because of Optics we dicked around with a 3 way competition instead of after two weeks saying TT is the guy he is now getting 70-80% of reps.

Edited by MAJBobby

I am not naive enough to think someone didnt get in his ear and say look your playing yourself out of an assload of guaranteed money.

My issue once option picked up and he is truly secure what TT do we get the one that flashes the last 3 weeks of a season

Or the one that is Blah for the other 12-13?

No one EVER should feel secure. However lets we pick up the option and he is outshined in camp ala Sea with Wilson.

Who in this organization has the stones to admit the mistake of picking up the option and put Tyrod on the bench like Pete did in Seattle.

Answer is no one because thats bad optics on a FO that is all about selling hope and spin.

Just like the Farce that was the open competition (Optics again). Plan always was to have TT start. Rex wanted him since NY. So because of Optics we dicked around with a 3 way competition instead of after two weeks saying TT is the guy he is now getting 70-80% of reps.

I believe they would have done it this year if they thought they had a better option sitting on the bench. There were some games this year where TT deserved to be benched.

I believe they would have done it this year if they thought they had a better option sitting on the bench. There were some games this year where TT deserved to be benched.

But they dont they cant even put him on the bench in a meaningless week 17 game to see how your project (with David Lee, ha ha ha) is developing.

Instead more optics like this next weeks game is goijg to help decide the fate of Rex and or TT.

The Sooner people understand this organization cares heavily how they are perceived and make decisions based on that, the sooner fans can stop scratching thier heads at decisions being made.

Pegula wanted to change national perceptions (just like with Sabres) and that got us Rex a fired was good once Hc whos antiquated defense has been exposed for years

Edited by MAJBobby

I don't love TT but I love TT vs. 2017 QB options. I'm willing to be married to him for the next 2 years (which is basically what you are doing). The offense is working at the moment. They score points.

Not to change the subject but the defense is a much bigger concern. Brown, Gilmore and Alexander are free agents. Aaron Williams may never play again. Kyle Williams and Corey Graham may have to take pay cuts. On top of all that the defense is regressing. I'm much more concerned with "how do we solve that peoblem" than anything else. I don't even have suggestions.

Agree. Im not drunk on koolaid and im not falling for the anti-Tyrod crusade.

I guess we should find a way to run more but all in on Romo.

:lol::lol: dude really? If you wnt Romo then your basically saying you wanna throw Cardale to the wolves bc Romo is likely to get injured in his 1st game back

This crusade is getting tougher week by week as the season peters out.

Not the way the OP figured this would shake out for him....

:lol::lol:

Who, exactly, is your QB? Our RT has been part of a record setting OL. So, really? Find a real option before just whining with a pie in the sky theory.

:lol::lol: