Bills on the clock...

Dragonborn10

Different positions. I thought Dodd was going to have an easier time making the transition to OLBer earlier than Shaq.

Personally I want the 3-4 scrapped the defense doesnt fit our best players.

absolutelfrickenlutely

Shaq and Huges belong at DE....not LB

Marcel and Meatball.....best when they are one gap penetrators

Washington now becomes a interior pass rushing DT to rotate with Marcel and Meatball

Reduces the need for multiple linebackers

Safety still a need....but it reduces AMOUNT of needs

Dont have to try to keep a pure nose tackle on the team to make up the interior blockers

You pay 100 gazillion dollars to Marcel.....then relegate him to a blocker occupier in this crappy fricken defense

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills thought Russell Wilson was worth a 5th rd pick and Dak Prescott a 4th rder. Don't make the mistake thinking Falk is a 3rd or 4th. Get him after the impact safety or RT.

And those are the issues. ALWAYS undervalue the QB position. But hey they put more value on RBs though to bad it is no longer 1970

absolutelfrickenlutely

Shaq and Huges belong at DE....not LB

Marcel and Meatball.....best when they are one gap penetrators

Washington now becomes a interior pass rushing DT to rotate with Marcel and Meatball

Reduces the need for multiple linebackers

Safety still a need....but it reduces AMOUNT of needs

Dont have to try to keep a pure nose tackle on the team to make up the interior blockers

You pay 100 gazillion dollars to Marcel.....then relegate him to a blocker occupier in this crappy fricken defense

And my main reason for getting all worked up about these "holes" and bad defense.

A scheme change fixes and addresses alot of that (as long as it is a smart coach to scheme toward thr talents ofnthe defense)

We are not far removed frok a Defense that had 4 10plus sackers on the DL. (3 of them still here) one replaced with a very skilled young DE in his own right.

The book on Watson, elite athlete, can't read defenses.

We already have that in TT! Why draft another one.

Just keep TT, try to redo that idiot contract, and surround him with better talent!

WR, OT, S, DB's (not round 1) and LB's

Hate to say it, but that is the same book on Prescott and every other BLACK QB coming out of college.

Right Tackle !

except that they got Carr in the second. I wouldn't take a QB first round this yr.

Not advocating what round or player yet but just showing that position is your main PrIority to get right.

Everything else falls into place after it. (Well unless you have Grigson as GM)

Hate to say it, but that is the same book on Prescott and every other BLACK QB coming out of college.

Yep, and notice how many here question Cardale's intelligence or "football IQ", despite the complete absence of evidence that he is deficient in those areas.

Yep, and notice how many here question Cardale's intelligence or "football IQ", despite the complete absence of evidence that he is deficient in those areas.

Being benched at your school you just won the National Championship with because you can process and read a defense is not enough evidence?

Are you as concerned about Shaq Lawson as I am? I know it's early but I'm not seeing a lot. I'm trying not to panic but he looks like just a guy to me so far.

Obviously lol

Never ever EVER should a first round pick be used on a guy who can't perform year one. It's a deal breaker.

Being benched at your school you just won the National Championship with because you can process and read a defense is not enough evidence?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I would respectfully recommend that you post about 1/10th as much as you do and put the extra time into making more thoughtful posts. You could also start paying attention to your grammar and punctuation. You seem intelligent enough, so I'm assuming you just don't care about those things, but failing to use punctuation, basic grammar and spelling detracts from your message. You can do better.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I would respectfully recommend that you post about 1/10th as much as you do and put the extra time into making more thoughtful posts. You could also start paying attention to your grammar and punctuation. You seem intelligent enough, so I'm assuming you just don't care about those things, but failing to use punctuation, basic grammar and spelling detracts from your message. You can do better.

Did he get Benched in Ohio State?

Jones has the same cannon and confidence throwing downfield, but he's failing to read defenses and instead locking onto targets issues that were obvious on his 2014 tape. Where he has really struggled is a lack of anticipation and timing. Studying his film, Jones waits for targets to get open before throwing the ball as hard as he can so it arrives before the defender. He needs refinement with his footwork, internal clock and overall accuracy to all levels of the field.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2016-nfl-draft-cardale-jones-benched-how-does-it-affect-his-nfl-future/amp/?client=safari

Evidence. But i am wrong and no idea what i am talking about.

Did he get Benched in Ohio State?

Jones has the same cannon and confidence throwing downfield, but he's failing to read defenses and instead locking onto targets issues that were obvious on his 2014 tape. Where he has really struggled is a lack of anticipation and timing. Studying his film, Jones waits for targets to get open before throwing the ball as hard as he can so it arrives before the defender. He needs refinement with his footwork, internal clock and overall accuracy to all levels of the field.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2016-nfl-draft-cardale-jones-benched-how-does-it-affect-his-nfl-future/amp/?client=safari

Evidence. But i am wrong and no idea what i am talking about.

That's one article. Others would say he simply wasn't a good fit for Meyer's system or that he was scapegoated for the team's underwhelming performance. Yolo and Kirby have posted frequently about this and they have seen every snap he's taken. At any rate, even if you are right, those flaws have nothing to do with Cardale's intelligence or even football IQ, which was the original topic. They seem more likely to be related to his lack of experience. Edited by mannc

Same thing they said about Montana, Brady, Prescott, Carr, Wilson...,,

You don't know until you do.

Sure am glad we passed on all of them because they weren't good enough to be drafted high.

Also, agree we HAVE to start C. Jones against the Jets.... which we need to lose for draft position.

Exactly. Keep drafting until you find a great one. I've never said they shouldn't draft a QB to compete with TT.

My point is a 3rd round rookie plus TT's contract plus Jones is still not an excessive amount of money on the QB position.

But this team needs a star safety. I would prefer via the draft as it would cost less. The other option is to get a great FA safety, let Gilmore walk and draft another CB along with a middle of the road veteran CB.

Be honest, you really think Dak is that good? Best OL and second or third best RB with a HOF TE and great WR. Give the kid credit for not screwing it up.

I really don't think any staff can scout a QB. It is all luck. Honestly how could 32 teams miss on Brady and most teams have Jamarcus Russell a top 3 pick. These guys know nothing more than the average Joe. It is luck and probabilities. Keep drafting one until they find one. Move down in the draft and get more picks.

Teams haven't figured out a way to measure desire and mental capacity for football.

That's one article. Others would say he simply wasn't a good fit for Meyer's system or that he was scapegoated for the team's underwhelming performance. Yolo and Kirby have posted frequently about this and they have seen every snap he's taken. At any rate, even if you are right, those flaws have nothing to do with Cardale's intelligence or even football IQ, which was the original topic. They seem more likely to be related to his lack of experience.

Ok here more.

Weaknesses

Limited experience; only 11 starts

Spotty field vision

Streaky accuracy

Football I.Q.

Maturity

Sometimes holds the ball too long

Ability to handle adversity

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016cardalejones.php

Eyeballs receivers and brings heat from instinctive linebackers and defensive backs. Had issues reading and reacting to zone coverage underneath. Doesn't hold safeties with his eyes. Failed to execute timing throws out in rhythm. Will pump and re­set too often forcing out routes against the sideline. Tends to overthrow near goal line and leave touchdown passes on the field. Saw completion numbers drop almost 30 percent when forced to throw on the move. Below average pocket feel and blitz awareness. Was unable to move from checkers to chess against defensive coordinators.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/cardale-jones?id=255542

Its Joness mental approach to the game that seems to have given evaluators pause. After all, he showed little improvement as the Buckeyes starter, and if anything he revealed inconsistencies in his accuracy, instincts and maturity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/sports/wp/2016/04/26/cardale-jones-once-ruled-college-football-now-hes-barely-a-blip-on-nfl-drafts-radar/?client=safari

More evidence but I dont know what i am talking about.