BEARS & Muhammed agree?

Thailog80

Wow! I had them taking a WR with the #4 pick in the draft...looks like they can solidy another position now with that selection. Great move by Da Bears!

The NFC Norris has some stud receivers - Javon Walker in GB, Williams and Rogers in Detroit, Burleson in Minnesota, and now Muhammed in C-Town.

Any player who is cut is free to sign with anyone, and are considered a FA.  Only players who weren't cut become UFA's on March 2nd.

253898[/snapback]

It's because most NFL contracts last for the league year, and this league year ends March 1.

If Muhammad can stay healthy, he is an excellent pickup for the Bears.  At WR, Chicago have the overrated David Terrell and a bunch of 4th and 5th string WR's.  He will turn 32  in 2005 and should have at least 3 good season left in the tank.

254013[/snapback]

It is a good grab for the Bears, I like Muhammad, but who will get him the ball?

It is a good grab for the Bears, I like Muhammad, but who will get him the ball?

254050[/snapback]

Exactly. This guy could be a premier receiver in this league. He was absolutely stunning last year. But I'm surprised he went to a team with so many question marks at the quarterback position. And he had been releasing soundbites that he didn't to leave Carolina, etc. So now he goes to Chicago? Just goes to show you...just when you think you know something.

To a multi-year agreement. I thought for sure it would be Philly

253882[/snapback]

Living in Chicago I know first hand that they needed all the help they could get at wide receiver. In fact, they could use another player like him.

Wow, they must have offered him some sweet dollars to take him off of the market so fast.

254133[/snapback]

6 years, 30 million dollars do it?

12 mil guaranteed....WoW! Talk about overpaying! They better still pick up Braylon Edwards in the draft. Those two guys can help each other out.

6 years, 30 million dollars do it?

12 mil guaranteed....WoW!  Talk about overpaying!  They better still pick up Braylon Edwards in the draft.  Those two guys can help each other out.

254236[/snapback]

they should have waited for plax

Transplant here in Charlotte and been watching the Panthers play for the last 5 years. Only thing that you can count on Moose for is to have a good year when his contact is up. The only two pro bowl years he had was those contract years. If that's what the Bears really paid for him.... wow.

To a multi-year agreement. I thought for sure it would be Philly

253882[/snapback]

The Bears will regret this - he was an overpaid DOG for many years in Carolina, before playing well in the Superbowl. When Steve Smith was on the field he was non-existent

I cant see how paying that much for a 32 year old receiver, who only played hard in a contract year, and benefitted from the #1 receiver being gone, will work out

The Bears will regret this - he was an overpaid DOG for many years in Carolina, before playing well in the Superbowl.  When Steve Smith was on the field he was non-existent

I cant see how paying that much for a 32 year old receiver, who only played hard in a contract year, and benefitted from the #1 receiver being gone, will work out

254655[/snapback]

I posted this in another thread....Muhammad had very good years in 1999 & 2000.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1203