Breaking down the 7-7 record

Billsguy

I agree. I also think having an inconsistent offense was a big reason we blew those games.

But you are what your record says you are. 7-7 seems right.

Surprisingly Pro Football Outsiders ranks us as the 5th MOST consistent offense in the NFL...not sure how they do it, but believe it goes by points scored, which I can see...we are pretty consistent scoring...don't think I've seen this team score as much the last few years since the K-Gun Kelly led teams...the D just can't stop the other teams from scoring as much or more, which is disappointing...

Edited by matter2003

Surprisingly Pro Football Outsiders ranks us as the 5th MOST consistent offense in the NFL...not sure how they do it, but believe it goes by points scored, which I can see...we are pretty consistent scoring...don't think I've seen this team score as much the last few years since the K-Gun Kelly led teams...the D just can't stop the other teams from scoring as much or more, which is disappointing...

IMO, analytics don't work as well in football as they do in other sports. I watched an offense consistently go 3 and out in Miami and Oakland that directly led to defense blowing leads.

A lot of teams that are in the 7-9 to even 10-6 range have beaten mostly bottom feeders or other mediocre teams. It's how the league works.

Most years, NE* gets 5-6 wins from the bottom feeders in the AFC East. That plumps their record up quite a bit, starting with 5 or 6 wins in the bank.

It's not all that common that two good teams play each other. Most games each week are between two .500 or so teams.

I'd argue that the bar has been raised where 8-8 isn't good enough. We all wanted the playoffs and no one is happy. I believe Whaley had this team on the verge of the playoffs and it didn't matter who was at qb. Then, Rex came and needed new pieces for his team.

I think all the pieces are there, minus a qb (who is passable at times). I just don't think we got what Rex promised.

We got exactly from Rex what he had to offer: Bullllshiiit! Rex didn't hoodwink the organization---- the organization hoodwinked itself. Rex had a losing record with the Jets and he was ignominiously dispatched after a 4 win season. The Bills then enthusiastically hired Rex. Lesson to be learned is that a talker is not necessarily a producer. How about using some common sense and consider the extended record that was glaringly on his unimpressive resume!

Edited by JohnC

We got exactly from Rex what he had to offer: Bullllshiiit! Rex didn't hoodwink the organization---- the organization hoodwinked itself.

I was admittedly excited for his hire. I thought he did a really good job with that last Jets team.

But man, what has he improved since he's been here? I guess we are good at beating bad teams so that's an improvement.

Accurate breakdown on the wins, but if you want to evaluate the team you have to take into account:

1) We did beat the Patriots in New England

2) We travelled across the country to beat potential Super Bowl matchup teams Oakland and Seattle both on the road. Came up a little short on each, but showed at each game that we belonged.

3) We got demolished by the real Steelers and the real Patriots at home.

4) Our QB and our coach on individual plays and decisions over and over displayed that they are not good enough at their jobs. But the core of our team along with the hope that we would get 16 games out of Watkins and Dareus in 2016 should build confidence that a new coach isn't very far away if he can find competent QB play in the short term (including Tyrod, Romo, etc) while identifying and developing his franchise QB beyond that.

come on man.. we got blown out by the Raiders. It wasn't even close in the end.

The first 3 quarters of the game were ok, if that's what you mean.

I was admittedly excited for his hire. I thought he did a really good job with that last Jets team.

But man, what has he improved since he's been here? I guess we are good at beating bad teams so that's an improvement.

I was not happy with the hiring of Rex. I thought that it was not only a bad hire but it was a peculiar hire. There is no doubt that Rex is a more high profiled coach compared to the faceless and placid personalities that too often get hired in the NFL incestuous hiring world of retreads. But if you examine Rex's record and get beyond this blubbering fools braggadocio pronouncements his record is simply mediocre. It's not surprising to me that this self-promoting huckster's record with the Bills is very comparable to his record with the Jets. He is what he is: Mediocre.

In my jaundiced view of this insufferable and obnoxious fool (I readily acknowledge my bias against him) he not only has done a poor job but he has set this franchise back. The front office and ownership have done everything they can from providing staff and accommodating his player requests through the draft and market. Well how has his team performed after all that support? Go back and watch our defense play in the Raider and Steeler games. It was disgraceful and embarrassing!

It's no surprise to me that one of this first acts as a new HC was jumping out of an airplane when the cameras were on. If he wanted to jump out of an airplane that's fine with me. But of course this publicity hound had to do it when the cameras were on. How can anyone take this goofball seriously?

I'd argue that the bar has been raised where 8-8 isn't good enough. We all wanted the playoffs and no one is happy. I believe Whaley had this team on the verge of the playoffs and it didn't matter who was at qb. Then, Rex came and needed new pieces for his team.

I think all the pieces are there, minus a qb (who is passable at times). I just don't think we got what Rex promised.

I agree. Rex couldn't build on what we already had in place, and the defense suffered because of it. As for the QB, has his coaching staff ever developed a legitimate QB? Who's to say TT wouldn't be better under a different (or shall I say better) coaching staff that's more capable of developing QB's than Rex's group?

There you have it :thumbsup: