Continuity Sucks

Cripple Creek

The Bills have continuity, I don't know why people think they don't. perennial AFC East punching bags with a guaranteed 6-8 wins each year, and no hope of a good draft pick, or playoff birth. If that's not continuity, which drives consistency, then I don't know what is.

And that sucks. Glad we agree.

The Bills have continuity, I don't know why people think they don't. perennial AFC East punching bags with a guaranteed 6-8 wins each year, and no hope of a good draft pick, or playoff birth. If that's not continuity, which drives consistency, then I don't know what is.

said this many times myself.

If they wanted real continuity they would have promoted Schwartz to HC. This always makes me wonder who would we have at QB be and would we still be the same old Bills?

There will be more continuity if we win these last 3 meaningless games. Bet on it.

At the end of 2014, lame duck Rex "led" his team to victories in 2 of their last 3; the only loss was a one-point loss to the Patriots - who went on to win the Super Bowl.

This article came out shortly after their win to end the season, reporting that Rex would, indeed, be fired. - http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12090676/new-york-jets-fire-john-idzik-rex-ryan-monday

Earliest I could find from the next day (Black Monday) was from 8:29am, in which nfl.com broke the news that he was gone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451236/article/new-york-jets-fire-rex-ryan-john-idzik

Looking forward to it.

Edited by Gugny

There will be more continuity if we win these last 3 meaningless games. Bet on it.

I don't really see it that way, the Pegulas brought Rex and trusted him to make the defense better and make the playoffs with the roster at hand (I agree with you that they made the wrong decision)

Do you think that the Pegulas are happy that with three games to go in year two, the defense has gotten worse and we might miss the playoffs again? Rex sold them a bully and playoffs, he failed to deliver, he's not a rookie HC that you might give the guy some leeway to get it right.

For all the accolades we get for being a tough loyal fan base - there sure are a lot of cry babies around.

I actually don't see it that way.

I see a fan base which, over the past 17 seasons, has been pretty okay with a schitty team. Too patient. Too understanding. Too optimistic.

Too gullible.

Now I see a fan base that is sick of the Bills sucking. That's a good thing and if it leads to the Pegulas getting less money, only then will they actually make moves to improve the product.

Here's to hoping.

But also - here's to Buffalo fans not being gullible or putting up with smoke being blown up our asses.

For all the accolades we get for being a tough loyal fan base - there sure are a lot of cry babies around.

You have an interesting idea of what constitutes a "cry baby."

Please list for me all of the positive things that Ryan has done in his tenure here that show that he should be retained.

You have an interesting idea of what constitutes a "cry baby."

Please list for me all of the positive things that Ryan has done in his tenure here that show that he should be retained.

Not defending Ryan. Just in general our fan base has changed and we're no longer what we once were. I do not take requests for lists.

I actually don't see it that way.

I see a fan base which, over the past 17 seasons, has been pretty okay with a schitty team. Too patient. Too understanding. Too optimistic.

Too gullible.

Now I see a fan base that is sick of the Bills sucking. That's a good thing and if it leads to the Pegulas getting less money, only then will they actually make moves to improve the product.

Here's to hoping.

But also - here's to Buffalo fans not being gullible or putting up with smoke being blown up our asses.

I can't help you because only you can help yourself. The Pegula's bought the team in September of 2014. Marrone bailed and Rex isn't through his second season. If you can't chill from your continuity stance with that information than you'll continue your habit.

I can't help you because only you can help yourself. The Pegula's bought the team in September of 2014. Marrone bailed and Rex isn't through his second season. If you can't chill from your continuity stance with that information than you'll continue your habit.

You left out the part where Marrone bailed on a team who had a top 5 defense and a winning record - and he didn't have McCoy.

Where'd that continuity go after Rex arrived, brought in Tyrod Taylor, and hired his brother to run the defense into the !@#$ing ground?

Continue your habit of being okay with sub-mediocrity.

You left out the part where Marrone bailed on a team who had a top 5 defense and a winning record - and he didn't have McCoy.

Where'd that continuity go after Rex arrived, brought in Tyrod Taylor, and hired his brother to run the defense into the !@#$ing ground?

Continue your habit of being okay with sub-mediocrity.

#1 defense against Bears, Lions, Vikings, and Packers with a crazy crowd at home.

#32 defense against the Pats, Dolphins, and the entire AFC West, including a much poorer Raiders team.

The problem with discontinuity is you have 6 years of first year Bills coaches, where 4 wins are acceptable, and 8 wins is winning the Superbowl.

Rex get's another year, and he's fired if he goes 0-2. John Harbaugh goes 0-2 and he's still the savior.

Edited by r.harvey

#1 defense against Bears, Lions, Vikings, and Packers with a crazy crowd at home.

#32 defense against the Pats, Dolphins, and the entire AFC West, including a much poorer Raiders team.

The problem with discontinuity is you have 6 years of first year Bills coaches, where 4 wins are acceptable, and 8 wins is winning the Superbowl.

Rex get's another year, and he's fired if he goes 0-2. John Harbaugh goes 0-2 and he's still the savior.

Just so we're clear ... this is the same John Harbaugh who's been to three super bowls and won one of them, right? Just want to make sure you're comparing apples to apples and not an apple to a prune.

Just so we're clear ... this is the same John Harbaugh who's been to three super bowls and won one of them, right? Just want to make sure you're comparing apples to apples and not an apple to a prune.

You get my point though? It's not the coach, it's that he has the latitude to fail. You give people the latitude to fail, 6 times in 16 years, the odds are not in your favor.