If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

I tend to agree with you. Being in division really complicates things in regards to a trade, but looking at the other QB talent in the draft, I don't know that giving up #10 for Jimmy + the Pats 3rd or the Browns 4th (from the Collins trade) is that outlandish (or even the Pats 2nd because they aren't getting a pick as high as #10 from anyone else), I would rather have Jimmy than any of the draftable talent this year plus getting back the extra pick gives you another bite of the apple you won't get just taking Watson / Trub / Kizer. However, I do think the team dealing for Jimmy should have hired McDaniels, I know "system QB" is a knock on guys, but I tend to view every QB as a "system" guy, you aren't going to run the same offense for Brady as you do for Cam.

It may seem outlandish on it's surface, but Poppovich and Belichick are friends and Pop brought some revolutionary ideas to the NBA about resting guys. Considering how much football is a game of attrition, if you really want to preserve Brady having a "relief" pitcher you believe in may not be a bad idea. Let Jimmy play a little more early in the season or play some halves against Browns level competition, then ramp Brady up as the playoffs near. There's certainly not much heat coming from the rest of the division onto their standing.

I don't think the patriots would be afraid to trade him within the division. I think they would be thrilled to get a first and hurt our franchise.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until there's further evidence, Jimmy Garoppolo = Matt Cassell. Looks great in the Patriots system on that team, but then went somewhere else and looked like a journeyman. The Bills franchise doesn't need another year of adding journeymen. I wouldn't trade a half eaten burrito for Garoppolo.

Until there's further evidence, Jimmy Garoppolo = Matt Cassell. Looks great in the Patriots system on that team, but then went somewhere else and looked like a journeyman. The Bills franchise doesn't need another year of adding journeymen. I wouldn't trade a half eaten burrito for Garoppolo.

You could be right. But, you make lots of unsustained conclusions. Journeyman? Cassell? ....

Josh McCown is no longer employed by the Cleveland Browns, but the veteran quarterback has a strong opinion on whom the team should chase under center.

Jimmy Garoppolo.

"I've seen him on tape because we had a common opponent in Miami," McCown told Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer on Thursday. "He made some high-level throws and did some things that would get you excited about his ability to maybe carry a franchise. That's definitely on the tape."

I don't think the patriots would be afraid to trade him within the division. I think they would be thrilled to get a first and hurt our franchise.

I don't think the Pats are worried about hurting the Bills. I think they know the organization is 2nd rate. OBD does enough to hurt our chances of ever competing with the Pats.

I agree. I'm sure the issue for the Bills isn't cap allocation. That's just Taylor's agent playing the game. If the Bills were sold on Taylor being their guy for 3+ seasons, then it's a decent contract. If he's there 1-2 seasons, then it's terrible. In addition to the $30.75M in guarantees this season another $9.75M guarantees on the 3rd day of next season. $40.5M over 2 seasons is nuts for Taylor.

---------------------------------------------

--- GriffBr1 wrote:

If the guaranteed money is still $31 mil there is no way the Bills are going for that.

Now, they may be trying to re-work the deal so they can spread the $31 out over several years, but why would TT do that? I guess you have to look at a total guaranteed payout of five ro six years and go from there. Is it better to re-work the deal or stand firm so you get released.

It will be interesting.

barleydawg wrote: So, yeah, being willing to rework cap numbers while still getting - and being guaranteed - the same cash isn't really the "reworking" that the Bills are looking for.

--------------------------------------------- Edited by BarleyNY