Bills vs San Diego

Hardy Pyle

....question...should I buy tickets the first day they come out on ticket master or wait and just buy them on ebay or scalper closer to the game?

Any suggestions. The bills aren't a big draw so I would typically wait. But a couple of variables to consider.

1) I believe the bills will be good this year - more fans coming to watch the game

2) San Diego will be good - more local fans

3) Everyone loves travelling to SD, and this may make it harder to get tickets.

Thoughts? The objective is to get great seats, less concerned about price, but still a factor.

....question...should I buy tickets the first day they come out on ticket master or wait and just buy them on ebay or scalper closer to the game?

Any suggestions. The bills aren't a big draw so I would typically wait. But a couple of variables to consider.

1) I believe the bills will be good this year - more fans coming to watch the game

2) San Diego will be good - more local fans

3) Everyone loves travelling to SD, and this may make it harder to get tickets.

Thoughts? The objective is to get great seats, less concerned about price, but still a factor.

252825[/snapback]

San Diego Bills Backers is doing a tailgate/ticket package, check with them, We are waiting on the schedule to pick one of the away games, so far Tampa, NO, and SD are the ones we would like to travel to. Each city has it's own benefits.

The group buy tickets usually suck don't they?

252932[/snapback]

Take this with a grain of salt, but when they played there last, RJs and Ryans first game BTW, I had tickets in hand, but was able to upgrade fairly easily and cheaply at the game. That is always my suggestion. Get some seats now so you have tickets in hand, and if when you get to the game and can cut the right deal, you upgrade.

For me, I am always a little more patient when I know I have tickets when scalping.

I'll be there too. I'm planning on the San Diego, Oakland and New Orleans games.

My experience in the past with San Diego has been to get tickets through the San Diego BB club. I've sat in the upper deck in the same location both times. They normally sell out the games in San Diego, so you don't want to wait too long. Contact the BB club there, they will get the seats. San Diego is a great place to see a game. The city is awesome and the weather is terrific and there are great bars and hot chicks everywhere. You can't ask for better. The Bills bar in Pacific Beach (Blind Melons) always has a number of events going on too. You will see lot's of Bills fans in town that weekend.

Fo the Oakland game here, the Bills Backers will probably do another North Star bus/party for those interested. Oakland isn't nearly as much fun as San Diego. Also, the Bills probably should win next year, so it'll be dangerous. Nothing like a good stabbing to celebrate a Bills victory. San Diego has mellow fans. They are all stoned and still looking around for the guy that stole their skateboard in the 9th grade.

2005 is going to be a great year for Bills fans who like to take in an away game...especially those who live in WNY and want to get away to a warm weather locale.

Miami....warm weather, beaches & bars-a-plenty!

New Orleans...French Quarter!

Tampa Bay...see Miami!

San Diego....just was there on vacation in October. Great city.

San Diego Bills Backers is doing a tailgate/ticket package, check with them

252831[/snapback]

Definitely gonna make this one. Tailgate party sounds fun. Anyone know how that would work? Everyone drive their own cars? Is there a bus? Just trying to get a idea what would be needed for something like that. I mean, ive tailgated 50 times or so at Rich Stadium with my own car but I just dont know how something like this would work. Oh also, does anyone have a contact at the SD Bills Backers for more info?

Frankly, since you're making the haul down here, I would recommend waiting if for no other reason than you really have no idea how SD will perform next year. If Brees is still their guy, you can get a good sense. But if they pitch Brees for Rivers, no one knows what will happen to them. And if they suck...getting great seats will obviously be easier.

Charger fans aren't exactly Pats fans when it comes to being fair-weathered, but they're pretty damn close.

2005 is going to be a great year for Bills fans who like to take in an away game...especially those who live in WNY and want to get away to a warm weather locale.

Miami....warm weather, beaches & bars-a-plenty!

New Orleans...French Quarter!

Tampa Bay...see Miami!

San Diego....just was there on vacation in October.  Great city.

253071[/snapback]

besides the high cost of housing, traffic, the city frigging broke, gasoline at $2.40 a gallon, high crime, mentals on the roads, fires, mudslides, it's just great. wanna buy a house on a postage stamp lot for $700,000. looking to blow outta this place. oh by the way it's the second highest place to live behind sf.

besides the high cost of housing, traffic, the city frigging broke, gasoline at $2.40 a gallon, high crime, mentals on the roads, fires, mudslides, it's just great. wanna buy a house on a postage stamp lot for $700,000. looking to blow outta this place. oh by the way it's the second highest place to live behind sf.

253111[/snapback]

I didn't say I wanted to live there, I said it was a great place to go on vacation! :flirt:

I didn't say I wanted to live there, I said it was a great place to go on vacation! :flirt:

253117[/snapback]

that's what i thought when i came out here too. nice place until you live here. the honeymoon is over after a year. the only place you can afford is 8 miles from the border. unless you want to live 50-60 miles away and it takes you 1.5-2 hours in traffic.

Unfortunatly, I won't be here for the game...I've got orders to Camp Fuji, Japan, and am leaving in May. But if anyone is interested, I can usually get VERY good seats from our base ticket office (Miramar). The last two times the Bills played here, I got seats on the Bills side of the field at the 45 yard line 15 rows up. If you're interested, PM me and I'll check on what I can get. I'm not sure when single seat tickets go on sale, but will find out if anyone's interested.

FTR, San Diego is affected by all of the negative items listed in the above post. But, I'm not going to beef about the real estate prices. My house has more than doubled in value after just 5 years of ownership...You don't get that kind of return on you home in Buffalo... :w00t:

I'll be there, but just curious if anyones planning to hop over to TJ for some action the night before or after the game.

253131[/snapback]

I'd recommend you steer clear of TJ, that place is becoming VERY dangerous with the drug wars that are happening down there. My best advice is to hit the Gaslamp or PB and support a local American establishment.

253111[/snapback]

Yeah, we have all what you list there, plus bad weather and a higher cost of living. Minus the good baeches and hot chicks in bikinis and add in lots of sour girls with crap attitudes. San Francisco can be alot of fun. But, i've been here so long, I don't know what else I can do. It's like a drug addiction and I can't shake it. Sometimes I wish a major earthquake would desrtoy this whole city and then I'll laugh my way back to Buffalo. At least we destroyed the Niners last year.

253111[/snapback]

People that complain of property taxes in Buffalo should talk to San Francisco and San Diego people who spent 750,000 on their 2 bedroom shack and then another 15k a year to send their kids to a private school because the public schools suck.