6-6 After Oakland

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody in the NFL suffers from injuries except the Bills. We are the only team that gets hit hard every year.

I hate this weak argument...no offense, but it lacks any thought or intelligence...not saying you lack that, saying this statement does. NO TWO TEAMS injuries are the same. NO teams depth is the same. Super bowl contenders had less injuries than us last year and we won more games then them combined with 8 wins.

So its utterly irrelevant what you just said, has no merit, and factual substance in regard to any team its being applied to. We lost players we CANT AFFORD to lose. We dont have talent behind them. How many games did Dallas win last year when it lost player it couldn't afford to lose? How many games did Baltimore lose last year when it lost players it couldn't afford to lose?

Again, I am not attacking you as a person, I am directly attacking that blanket statement that people here hide behind to deflect factual challenges we have to continue to over come so they can point fingers where they want. And its not my word that matters, the evidence is on the FIELD. Watch the Seattle game...look what happened to our OL when Wood got hurt? The middle became a revolving door and substantially hurt our offense while we were driving to try and win the game. These things MATTER whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

And for the last time, our injuries this year have no connection to 16 years prior...our issues have not always been injuries, but our issue has always been the lack of talent on the field...either because it wasnt on this team in the first place (which was the bulk of that 16 years) or suspensions/injuries removed them from the field. There is talent on the roster, but it ONLY MATTERS if that talent is ON THE FIELD.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I hate this weak argument...no offense, but it lacks any thought or intelligence...not saying you lack that, saying this statement does. NO TWO TEAMS injuries are the same. NO teams depth is the same. Super bowl contenders had less injuries than us last year and we won more games then them combined with 8 wins.

So its utterly irrelevant what you just said, has no merit, and factual substance in regard to any team its being applied to. We lost players we CANT AFFORD to lose. We dont have talent behind them. How many games did Dallas win last year when it lost player it couldn't afford to lose? How many games did Baltimore lose last year when it lost players it couldn't afford to lose?

Again, I am not attacking you as a person, I am directly attacking that blanket statement that people here hide behind to deflect factual challenges we have to continue to over come so they can point fingers where they want. And its not my word that matters, the evidence is on the FIELD. Watch the Seattle game...look what happened to our OL when Wood got hurt? The middle became a revolving door and substantially hurt our offense while we were driving to try and win the game. These things MATTER whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

And for the last time, our injuries this year have no connection to 16 years prior...our issues have not always been injuries, but our issue has always been the lack of talent on the field...either because it wasnt on this team in the first place (which was the bulk of that 16 years) or suspensions/injuries removed them from the field. There is talent on the roster, but it ONLY MATTERS if that talent is ON THE FIELD.

Sammy Watkins

Marcell Dareus

Aaron Williams

LeSean McCoy

Eric Wood

Is this a list of our most talented players, or is it a list of players who have missed crucial game time this season?

Right..we've proven to be capable of winning 6 out of 7.

They won 4 in a row.

The frustrating thing for me is this team could run the table. IF the Bills played their best football. If they all came together and played their butts off they can beat anyone. I will put a Bills A game against any other teams A game. Yes even the Pats.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Bills will win out after a loss to Oakland. They will finish 10-6 yet it still might not be good enough for the playoffs with the tie breakers. Wood's injury is a big loss but the Bills will be much healthier 13 days from now. Then Sammy will arrive for the final push.

thats my thinking, actually. assuming Watkins comes back at 90+% , Shady stays at 100% and no one else important goes on IR. They turned a corner on Monday night. Rolled out all the formations, all the movement, the whole offense and executed it well in the most hostile place in the league. I am just hanging out waiting to see if Sammy, Shady and Clay are 100%. Clay's been playing on one leg for weeks. It all hinges on that IMHO.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

@Cincy - W

Jaguars - W

@Raiders - W

Steelers - W

Browns - L

Dolphins - L

Jets - W

And that's how the Bills would get to 9-7

I'd flip the Browns L for a L to either the Raiders or Steelers, but yeah, 9-7ish looks about right. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Edited by BarleyNY

I don't see them losing to the Browns (they are TERRIBLE) and I don't see them winning in Oakland. 9-7 and no playoffs is well within reason.

Yeah, that is what I was saying about the Browns. Hokie had the Bills losing to the Browns. I think the Bills could definitely take the Raiders or Steelers. The Raiders have an offense that is blooming and a defense that is finally finding itself after struggling most of the season. The Bills could win a close one there. It's not out of the question. Pittsburgh is struggling with an injured Rapistberger and a poor secondary. The Bills could win that one too. The odds are in favor of a split, but the Bills could win or lose both. I was just going with the most likely scenario - a split.