Gilmore swapping jerseys with Sherman after game.

Bubba Gump

You guys are nuts.

As professional athletes, they are generally brothers. They'll play hard, and put it behind them afterwards. They are friends off the field and foes on it. At a certain point, you have to let things go and know that the players do not take things as hard as you the fan does. This is a defense mechanism as it allows them to move on to the next game.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch over two friends showing respect to each other.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are nuts.

As professional athletes, they are generally brothers. They'll play hard, and put it behind them afterwards. They are friends off the field and foes on it. At a certain point, you have to let things go and know that the players do not take things as hard as you the fan does. This is a defense mechanism as it allows them to move on to the next game.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch over two friends showing respect to each other.

99/100 I'd agree with you. But when your "brother" torpedos your kicker's leg, takes a shot at a defenseless receiver and mean mugs your coach...nah.

I would bet the majority of Bills were laughing and shaking hands with Sherman after the game. Gilmore is the whipping boy though now.

And you really think Sherman was trying to "take out" the Bills shaky field goal kicker? Blame the refs for it not being a penalty or for blowing the whistle. They are the idiots who blew it there.

Why are you defending Gilmore so much here? You're about the only one in the entire Bills fan base. It's unnatural and quite inexplicable based on the behavior of both Gilmore and Sherman.

Haha. Of all the things to cry about, some people chose this?

Gilmore covered great so you had a find another thing to whine about. So effin' stupid.

Yeah he did a great job right up until he got !@#$ing hurdled by Jimmy Graham on what should have been a tackle. Oh wait, Gilmore doesn't tackle in his contract year, that's right.

I've spoken many times before about the weird sort of romance that sport has to offer. There's no denying that some of it are in it for the love of the game but I can't imagine that it's a majority.

Some of these guys come from the most horrendous backgrounds and football is their way out. As I said, a means to an end.

The league doesn't care about fans or the players. The teams don't care about fans or the players. The players don't care about the league, the team or the fans. Once people accept that, it's so much easier not to sound like a moron when talking about sports.

I agree it's not the majority but that's true of any business. Most of the people I work with don't truly care about our customers or the company - they're there for a paycheck and loathe the customers and company. It's important that the leaders or the face of the companies do and the NFL is no different - the true leaders/great players take on that burden and are more powerful and overcome the ones that don't. That's exactly how companies survive. The faster you understand that the minority is a big enough voice to drown the majority - the faster you'll understand how things work in business.

You guys are nuts.

I dont understand how most people dont know, or understand this.