The next day - Slept on it and emotion gone

Virgil

1 - !@#$ Dareus. The more I think about him, the more I wonder if he will be one of those guys who retires early. Ricky Williams 2.0

2 - I know my tag says FireRex and I'm not his biggest fan, so this will look like more of the same, but Rex does own the W/L record. Being 1-2 in the AFC East, probably 1-3 after next week, just can't happen if you want to make the playoffs. You can't dig that big of a hole for yourself and expect good things by the end of the season. I know he didn't want to lose to Miami, but their players were way more ready to play than ours. Why? Who knows. But we got absolutely smacked around in the trenches. That was the biggest difference in this game. I give credit for being up 17-6, but it's a 4 quarter game. We have a really tough stretch coming up. If he can make it through that 3-3, then we may be okay. I'm not optimistic. Not because I'm anti-Rex, but because any good team would have a tough time with the next 6 games.

3 - I still can't figure out what happened with McCoy and the run game yesterday. If he was healthy, where were the run calls? 6 in the first half? Whether they work or not, we keep trying. That's who we are! If McCoy was hurt, why was he in there at all? No matter what, the logic doesn't make sense. I don't know if it's a matter of Lynn trying to change things up and compensate for Woods/Watkins being out, but yesterday's offensive gameplan needs to be thrown in the trash.

4 - Miami has a good team on paper and has for the past two years. Maybe the Steelers game finally woke them up. It happened to us after our 0-2 start. I'm not pissed about the loss because we were supposed to be a better team. In fact, I'd pry take their roster over ours in certain areas right now, considering our injuries. It's more about it being a division game and needing it before our upcoming stretch.

5 - I think I'm done listening to the TT bashing. Before anyone jumps on his ass anymore I need to hear two things before I respond. What better option do you have for us, especially considering the wheel or misfortune we've had at the position. And what other QB's, not in the top 5 of the league, are you seeing be dramatically better in the All-22 breakdowns. QB's miss throws. It happens. But he's better than what we've had and what's available and will be available. He's also doing what's being asked. He's not Rodgers. Hell, Rodgers isn't Rodgers this year. No one is saying he is. He's a 10-15 quarterback in a run-heavy offense who's asked to manage the game and not lose it. I'm fine with that. If you have a top 5 qb waiting in the wings, please show him to me.

6 - Right now, the future screen name options are: !@#$ Dareus, The Lorax, 27CornerBlitz :nana: , or just plain old Virgil

Edited by FireRex

points #1 and #5 are very good. Unless the Bills could pry Mathew Stafford away with boatloads of cash. And that isn't happening. Tyrod is the Bills qb like it or not. There simply is no one else. Other than gambling a first round rook could handle the job. They tried that a few years ago. And the jury is no longer out on that guy. The Bills simply cannot develop rookie QB's.

Dareus blows. The Bills lost at a minimum at least one game ( probabaly yesterday) because of his me first attitude towards his sport.

#3 - Regardless of McCoy's health, calling only ~15 total run plays through the entire game is a huge botch by our OC/Coaching staff. We establish a run-first identity and then abandon it in the most important game to date. Play calling was HORRIBLE, I wondered if Roman was back. Gillislie had a nice run up the middle, and then we never went back to it or him. The biggest factor of this game was getting out gameplanned.

The other thing I'd like to add is our lack of using Time Outs when we need to. Twice in the 4th quarter, we were in the middle of crucial drives, it's 3rd down, and we're lining up with 5 seconds on the play clock, have to rush up and snap the ball before our OL is ready while the DL is lined up and can time the snap. Just take a time out! Reset, gather yourselves, get the play called, line up, and execute. Instead, both times, we rush to snap the ball and the DL tees off and sacks TT. Conversely, when Miami was in that situation, they took the TO on 3rd down, and then executed. I'd rather use the TOs and be able to continue the drive than try to save them just in case.

I think Rex got caught up listening to the media with this one... For whatever reason the game plan seemed showcase Tyrod Taylor passing to a group of 3rd string recievers.

It seemed like the coaches game plan was to get a win that resulted in reporters saying "hey look, Tyrod can win a game when we need him to"

I could handle losing to the fins had the Bills stuck with what got them to a 4-game win streak... but this was just another example of Rex getting in his own head.

Also, it boggles my mind that the coaches allowed Mccoy to dress less than a week out from a hamstring injury.

I think Rex got caught up listening to the media with this one... For whatever reason the game plan seemed showcase Tyrod Taylor passing to a group of 3rd string recievers.

It seemed like the coaches game plan was to get a win that resulted in reporters saying "hey look, Tyrod can win a game when we need him to"

I could handle losing to the fins had the Bills stuck with what got them to a 4-game win streak... but this was just another example of Rex getting in his own head.

Also, it boggles my mind that the coaches allowed Mccoy to dress less than a week out from a hamstring injury.

I hear ya that they threw too much but it really looked like Miami had at least 8 guys in the box every play. Tough to run into that especially with a backup running back. I think they should have ran it a bit more, but it would have been hard finding consistent success with Miami stacking the box pretty much every play