One FA I'd like to see in Bills gear

cale

Kevin Carter - the guy is a monster and 100% effort guy.  He can play DE and DT.  He'd bring pass rush and rotational depth to our D-line - at least 1-2 years.

Charles

251243[/snapback]

i'd rather just sign big pat........he's knows our defense and is a leader........

Kevin Carter - the guy is a monster and 100% effort guy.  He can play DE and DT.  He'd bring pass rush and rotational depth to our D-line - at least 1-2 years.

Charles

251243[/snapback]

well, we know TD loves "effort" guys. :blush:

the last i heard was that the titans are going to try to re-sign him to a more cap-friendly deal.

If we can't resign big Pat I'de like to see us go after Hovan.  He'de probably come cheap after the bad year he had with the Vikings.

251264[/snapback]

I'd much rather see Phat Pat re-signed...although I have to admit, the fact that Hovan is clinically insane does make him somewhat appealing...

There is no cap hit. If he's cut, the bill's are free to sign him towhat deal is agreed upon. Likely less than his current deal. If somehow you were to obtain him in a trade, the Bill's would be responsible for his salary, but none of his signing bonus.

His cap hit is huge--great player but pricey too!

251280[/snapback]

Izell Reese was my neighbor this past season. I wanted to get a player's point of view. i had posted this comment from him in the past, but he had said it was very important for P. Williams to be resigned, even if it was for 1-2 more years to keep the defense intact. I asked if he thought Ron Edwards could step up, and he nicely said, "I dunno, they need to bring back Pat." Keep the D together

Izell Reese was my neighbor this past season.  I wanted to get a player's point of view.  i had posted this comment from him in the past, but he had said it was very important for P. Williams to be resigned, even if it was for 1-2 more years to keep the defense intact.  I asked if he thought Ron Edwards could step up, and he nicely said, "I dunno, they need to bring back Pat."  Keep the D together

251360[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, I definitely think we should bring Phat Pat back. If for no other reason than that my daughter says, "Pat Back" everytime I put her to bed at night...;-)

But, I was specifically thinking about Carter at DE - left side in a rotation with Kelsay...He knows Jerry Gray etc etc...(at least I think he does...) The Titans are gonna suck this year with all their FA and coaching losses...so he might be tempted...

Plus he's been great for the Nashville community...

But I also like the idea of the Pollard at TE signing...

Charles

Izell Reese was my neighbor this past season.  I wanted to get a player's point of view.  i had posted this comment from him in the past, but he had said it was very important for P. Williams to be resigned, even if it was for 1-2 more years to keep the defense intact.  I asked if he thought Ron Edwards could step up, and he nicely said, "I dunno, they need to bring back Pat."  Keep the D together

251360[/snapback]

Interesting and I can't disagree with it. I don't think either Edwards or Williams is an every down player, though as a tandem they are VERY complete used the way they were last season.

One of the keys to success in today's NFL is consistancy of personnel. That doesn't mean you don't upgrade when you have the chance, however.

I don't think we can afford Carter and I'm not sure he's the player he once was, though admittedly I haven't seen much of him lately.