Kordell Stewart

BillsNYC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not forget he can punt in a pinch, like he did last year. Also can still probably play reciever. can't be any worce than ole Joshy boy. I would guess he can most likely play tight end and long snap and hold if needed.

Speaking of which, wonder if he does hold. With a new kicker coming in(please, please, pleaseeeeeee), he might be a great prospect to be the holder.

For those who don't want Stewart as a #2 QB, take a look at this link and go through the #2's throughout the league. There are plenty of QB's whose experience is minimal to washed up vets who shouldn't be in the league anymore. I don't see where Stewart would be that much worse of a choice.

http://fantasyinsights.com/fantasy/depth.asp

To everyone saying this is a bad idea, remember we are looking for a BACKUP.

We're not gonna get the second coming of Dan Marino.

There are slim pickins for a QB who has NFL experience, who has at least started before, who will assume the backup role with no issues, and who isn't gonna cost us more than we should pay for a backup.

Who else fits these criteria? Jeff Garcia isn't a huge step up from KS, but would certainly cost us quite a bit more.

We are only looking for a guy who can come in should JP get hurt and be out for a series of games - we're not looking for a franchise QB.

251164[/snapback]

Yeah, so why not go with youth. No upside in Kordell and we have a vet if Mattews signs. We need somebody to groom in case JP is a bust. That's right i said bust,I'm not sold on JP yet.

Yeah, so why not go with youth. No upside in Kordell and we have a vet if Mattews signs. We need somebody to groom in case JP is a bust. That's right i said bust,I'm not sold on JP yet.

251982[/snapback]

Kordell would be an alternative to Matthews. There would be no reason to sign both of them. It will probably be a vet for #2 and a rookie for #3.

Kordell would be an alternative to Matthews.  There would be no reason to sign both of them.  It iwll probably be a vet for #2 and a rookie for #3.

251992[/snapback]

Why do we need to have either of them? There are plenty of better QBs out there who will be willing to backup, especially for a team with an unproven starter in front of them.

Why do we need to have either of them? There are plenty of better QBs out there who will be willing to backup, especially for a team with an unproven starter in front of them.

251995[/snapback]

It seems that whatever name gets brought up as a #2, gets trashed here.

Examples....

Stewart....homo

Fiedler....big ears and I don't want a Miami reject

Brad Johnson....injury prone

Charlie Batch....he's always sucked

Joe Blow....his arm can't stand up to RWS weather

etc......

Stewart has always been a novelty who cannot play.  Sign Fiedler, who will be a solid back-up if he stays healthy, knows the division, is intelligent, and will not go around complaining if he is not playing (remember Dougie?).

252004[/snapback]

I kinda like Jay as backup also. I think as long as he does not try to force ball to much he can cut down on the interceptions. He's plenty smart and seems to be a leader that other players would respect. He also would be a great asset to a young JP, where as Mattews has a little more rust.