Debate 2: The Town Hall

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great ad for Hillary Clinton is a horrible admission of the reality...

... that a lot of people would like to just be able to vote for Obama again. Close your eyes, hold your nose, think a happy song — here, he'll sing it for you...

... and you can believe it you want to believe: You're not really voting for Hillary Clinton. You're voting for Obama.
The one consistent thing with polling in the past two years is dissatisfaction with the direction of the country................In the end will they really go for the 69 year old grandmother, who has been in and out of DC for the past 30 years ?
Edited by B-Man

MAYBE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE SHOULD JUST PICK SOMEONE GOOD, WHETHER THEY’RE RUNNING OR NOT:

Dem elector floats rejecting Clinton.

A Democratic elector in Washington says that if his party’s presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, wins the state, he may shirk his duty to cast his vote for her in the Electoral College.

“How can I say and do and be who I am and then cast a vote for somebody that’s the same as [GOP nominee Donald] Trump?” Robert Satiacum Jr. asked Politico in an interview published Wednesday.

“They may be male, female, but they’re in the same canoe. I have to either step down from being this thing I was elected to be or I’ve got to step down from being myself. That’s the teeter totter I’m on.”

That nice Mitt Romney might be available.

A great ad for Hillary Clinton is a horrible admission of the reality...

... that a lot of people would like to just be able to vote for Obama again. Close your eyes, hold your nose, think a happy song — here, he'll sing it for you...

... and you can believe it you want to believe: You're not really voting for Hillary Clinton. You're voting for Obama.

The one consistent thing with polling in the past two years is dissatisfaction with the direction of the country................In the end will they really go for the 69 year old grandmother, who has been in and out of DC for the past 30 years ?

Many people don't realize that by voting for Trump, they are voting for another 4 years of Obama

ANDREW KLAVAN

In this year’s race, however, there is nary a good guy in sight.
A dishonest left-winger with authoritarian tendencies is running against Hillary Clinton, also a dishonest left-winger with authoritarian tendencies. On top of which, they both seem like absolutely dreadful human beings when they’re at home.

In one sense, this gives the media an advantage. This time, when they gang up unfairly on the Republican, at least they’re telling the truth.

But in another sense, the shabbiness of the candidates should give us some clarity. We know there are no heroes here, no saviors. He won’t make America great again; she won’t make us stronger together. So instead of paying attention to media distraction, we can just ask ourselves: what will these awful people do once they’re in office and how will that hurt or help our lives and our country?

IT’S 2016, MAN, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN:

Flashback: Actually, Libertarian Gary Johnson could win the presidency.

In theory, Johnson doesn’t even have to carry a state. If enough electors defect to Johnson to deny either major candidate a majority, it goes to the House — and who know how that might turn out. Given how unpopular both Trump and Hillary are with their own party’s voters, it’s not unimaginable.

i've heard this, and I get that Trump is no conservative, but I doubt anyone has any idea what would happen with a Trump presidency.

I'm referring to having another celebrity driven skin thinned narcissist with zero interpersonal skills who hates to do homework in the White House.

I'm referring to having another celebrity driven skin thinned narcissist with zero interpersonal skills who hates to do homework in the White House.

Disagree with the underlined. Obama wins rooms and studies hard. He is a masterful politician and though his conclusions are often wrong, he does his homework.

Trump can only win pretty dumb rooms and he will never do the homework.

They are both thin skinned celebrity driven narcissists, I'll grant you that.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Disagree with the underlined. Obama wins rooms and studies hard. He is a masterful politician and though his conclusions are often wrong, he does his homework.

Trump can only win pretty dumb rooms and he will never do the homework.

They are both thin skinned celebrity driven narcissists, I'll grant you that.

I guess I should have clarified the interpersonal skills to mean powers of persuasion with people who disagree with you. Both of them play to arenas and stadiums full of fans, but are completely shut out when aren't faced with true believers. Not sure about Obama truly doing his homework. If he did, the world wouldn't be the mess it's in.

I guess I should have clarified the interpersonal skills to mean powers of persuasion with people who disagree with you. Both of them play to arenas and stadiums full of fans, but are completely shut out when aren't faced with true believers. Not sure about Obama truly doing his homework. If he did, the world wouldn't be the mess it's in.

Sure it would, presidents don't set policy in Oligarchies. They do as they're told. Just like W did and HRC will do. If you want to clean up the mess the nation is in, it starts by dropping the pretense that we're still operating under a democratic republic and the thinking that Presidents are anything other than mouthpieces for their chosen set of oligarchs.

Maybe that's his plan. A presidency so crazy and unpredictable that Mexico builds a wall on the border to keep out Americans.

It certainly makes more sense than anything else he's suggested.

It's absolutely what is going on. A vote for Trump is a vote for crazy. I think that's been clear since the beginning.

It's like the old Asteroids video game...when you start to get panicky, you press the "Hyperspace" button because [random/unknown] seems better than [this **** right now].

It's absolutely what is going on. A vote for Trump is a vote for crazy. I think that's been clear since the beginning.

It's like the old Asteroids video game...when you start to get panicky, you press the "Hyperspace" button because [random/unknown] seems better than [this **** right now].

Well, of course a vote for Trump is a vote for crazy.

My point is maybe it's his plan to get Mexico to pay for the wall.