Tyrod's Pick

djsabres

Peterson dusted our Olympian on that play....

In order to make sure we make integrity part of the board it must be pointed out that he also stiff armed "our olympian" 7 yards into his route which slowed him considerably. Had he not elected for illegal contact I think he would have struggled to stay on Goodwin's hip. Not saying he definitely wouldn't have out run him but that was a blatant illegal contact which completely destroyed the route.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal on GR said the official rule on the INT is if you make the Int in the field of play, and your momentum carries you into the end zone, the ball is still placed where you landed. Another rule that doesn't jibe with other rules.

Also my understanding. Bonkers rule but rule all the same.

Sal on GR said the official rule on the INT is if you make the Int in the field of play, and your momentum carries you into the end zone, the ball is still placed where you landed. Another rule that doesn't jibe with other rules.

Eegads.

So they got the atrociously inconsistent rule right. At least.

Maybe it was just me, but if you're going to throw a pick, 3rd down to the 10yd line is a good way to do it. As good as an incomplete and great punt. Don't get me wrong better to complete that down the field, but it didn't hurt anymore than a 2 yrd run.

Yes, might as well heave it down near the goal line in that situation.

However, the one thing that bothered me on that play had nothing to do with TT or the play call, as I think the call was correct and TT made the right move. However, my gripe is with Goodwin. It was a go route and he was not running at full speed when TT threw it...he had let up which gave PP a huge cushion on him to easily be in position for the ball. Goodwin didn't start sprinting until after the ball was in the air which then removed any possibility that the play could result into a positive for the offense.

That along with the several dropped passes by other WR's and some other bad routes are why despite the big win the WR group got a C- grade from me. We sorely need Sammy back. Powell flashed some potential, but he also has several bad plays too. Hope he gets more time on the field so he can hopefully continue to improve though.

Speaking of announcers I was watching the end of the Indy Charger game and the announcers kept saying how Indy was up by 4 at the end, and if SD hadn't missed an extra point earlier, would have been within a field goal. Well they never figured out that on the last Indy TD, instead of failing on a 2 point attempt, they would have just kicked it and stil lbeen uip by 4. But these guys never were brain surgeons.

At least no Spiro Dedes, and for that we can be thankful