(OT) where is N. Korea???

ch19079

They just need updated textbooks. They still think that Korea is a Japanese colony.

250124[/snapback]

Perhaps they think it's part of the former puppet state Manchukuo? Naa, probably like here and in Europe, they feel the world did not exist before they were born. ;)

Did some work in that region a number of years ago...Changchun, mostly.

This isn't surpring. Education doesn't seem important anymore plus our great Preseident has cut ALL technology money from the education budget.

I work at a school of technology, that's scary.

Plus Bush has never fully funded his "No Child Left Behind Act" in fact last year Bush only provide 78% of the funding promised under the No Child Left Behind Act.

This isn't surpring.  Education doesn't seem important anymore plus our great Preseident has cut ALL technology money from the education budget.

Plus Bush has never fully funded his "No Child Left Behind Act" in fact last year Bush only provide 78% of the funding promised under the No Child Left Behind Act.

250795[/snapback]

I didn't know we educated the Japanese.

This isn't surpring.  Education doesn't seem important anymore plus our great Preseident has cut ALL technology money from the education budget.

250795[/snapback]

:unsure: You folks are just getting lazy!

This isn't surpring. Education doesn't seem important anymore plus our great Preseident has cut ALL technology money from the education budget.

that's interesting, because I work with K-12 technology and I know there is a ton of money out there. Bush has outspent Clinton by a mile on education (not that it is necessarily a good thing).

I was in a school last week training teachers on technology, and witnessed a teacher trying an online quiz designed for 3rd graders. The state of Michigan was highlighted on a map, and she had 4 choices to pick from.

Her first choice? Connecticut.

Her second choice? South Carolina.

Ah, what fine teachers we have....

250795[/snapback]

Nothing better than having someone spit back the koolaid.

Federal discretionary education funding has gone from $35.6 billion in 2000 to over $55.6 Billion in 2004, a 64% increase. Money isn't the issue and it never has been.

Department of Education

BTW, Congress controls the purse stings in this country and always has.