A bit jealous of the way the Jets cleaned house

jahnyc

The owner of the Jets retained Ron Wolf and Charley Casserly, two former NFL GMs, as consultants in connection with the hiring of a new GM and coach for the Jets. The Jets turned it around quickly, and I had hoped the Pegulas would get some outside assistance with their decision making regarding the front office and coach of the Bills. I really hope that process will begin soon, because an evaluation of the team, the coaches and the front office seems to be needed and should be done before the end of the season and the draft.

They sure did. An ancient RB, QB, and WR1 that will take them to a bad miss of the playoffs - again.

Come on man, you know that won't make it. Why be jealous of a team adding old guys?

They don't miss that FG and Jets win last week, make extra point the go into over time with Cincinnati a team that should have beat the Steelers in the playoffs. the Jets have a much better chance than us

I was trying to make two points. First is that an evaluation of our football operations, including our front office, by an independent third-party consultant is long overdue. Second, if there is a complete housecleaning, it does not necessarily mean that it will take years to turn this thing around. Many teams have done so during the 16 years that the Bills have not made the playoffs. It can be done relatively quickly in the NFL now. I make no judgments about the long-term viability of the Jets turnaround. They do have a lot of very old players at key positions, but they appear to be drafting well recently.

The Jets traded a 5th round pick for Brandon Marshall, we used ours on Karlos Williams.

Marshall would change the complexion of the entire offense, giving us a big guy who can move the chains and be a red zone threat while Sammy is freed up on the other side. Though Roman would still run some high school BS offense and allow the defense to jam the box on Tyrod & Shady with tight formations.