#11 in Dallas

bluenews

If he got #11 there would be such an uproar from the Danny White crowd.

:lol:

249780[/snapback]

Hilarious! :doh:

Who knows, maybe White will call him up and demand $40,000 for use of the number...

If he got #11 there would be such an uproar from the Danny White crowd.

:doh:

249780[/snapback]

I'm sorry, hadn't had my mug of jo...before posting. Maybe it was his teammate Chris Collinsworth who wore #11 before heading to the Bengals.

I'm sorry, hadn't had my mug of jo...before posting.    Maybe it was his teammate Chris Collinsworth who wore #11 before heading to the Bengals.

249809[/snapback]

Cris Collinsworth didn't play for anybody BUT the Bengals! Get another cup of java.

I'm sorry, hadn't had my mug of jo...before posting.    Maybe it was his teammate Chris Collinsworth who wore #11 before heading to the Bengals.

249809[/snapback]

Old Danny White was a pretty good ball player. shattered allot of Roger's records quietly and quickly. I also liked the fact that he was a damn good punter too.

Back in the days when the cowboys had real class. Oh, but if you speak to the Bledsonians, that's what Drew will bring back to their organization.

Old Danny White was a pretty good ball player. shattered allot of Roger's records quietly and quickly. I also liked the fact that he was a damn good punter too.

Back in the days when the cowboys had real class. Oh, but if you speak to the Bledsonians, that's what Drew will bring back to their organization.

249849[/snapback]

A lot of people don't remember how good White was. One thing that always gets forgotten is the famous "The Catch" game, after Montana completes the winning TD. White and Dallas got the ball back and very nearly scored a long TD to win it, but the receiver barely got tackled by the last guy between him and the end zone.

He makes that TD, and White probably gets remembered instead of Montana.

A lot of people don't remember how good White was. One thing that always gets forgotten is the famous "The Catch" game, after Montana completes the winning TD. White and Dallas got the ball back and very nearly scored a long TD to win it, but the receiver barely got tackled by the last guy between him and the end zone.

249942[/snapback]

that was truly a GREAT game. one of the best. And I feel the Cowboys should have come away with it. I remember that game so vividly. That last play never gets mentioned, you are right about that.

that was truly a GREAT game. one of the best. And I feel the Cowboys should have come away with it. I remember that game so vividly. That last play never gets mentioned, you are right about that.

249986[/snapback]

I remember it well. I was rooting HUGE for the 49ers and thought they were going to blow it. I think it was Eric Wright was got that fist full of jersey from behind and dragged the WR down.

249942[/snapback]

White's biggest flaw was his lack of arm strength. Still, he was a VERY good QB on a GREAT football team. Good call.

White's biggest flaw was his lack of arm strength.  Still, he was a VERY good QB on a GREAT football team.  Good call.

250111[/snapback]

Growing up in Buffalo, during some truly awful years for the Bills, I always kind of liked those Landry era Cowboys teams. White was one of those fiery competitor types, and the Cowboys were very entertaining to watch back then. Seems like they were on MNF once a month! Remember Landry's innovative "flex defense"? I never understood what the hell that meant then, and I don't think I do now!

Growing up in Buffalo, during some truly awful years for the Bills, I always kind of liked those Landry era Cowboys teams.  White was one of those fiery competitor types, and the Cowboys were very entertaining to watch back then.  Seems like they were on MNF once a month!  Remember Landry's innovative "flex defense"?  I never understood what the hell that meant then, and I don't think I do now!

250759[/snapback]

how about when the offensive line would do that thing where they stood up and reset? anyone remember this? They were a great team to watch. They also perfected the shotgun formation if I recall correctly.