My cuts prediction...

Kelly the Dog

Because of injuries a couple guys who would normally make it get cut.

QB: Zolman.

RB: Simonton, Burns, Lawton. (We keep only four)

WR: Not so Fast Freddie Smith, Haddad.

TE: Trafford

OL: McFarland, Esposito, Pucillo.

DL: Ritzman, Bannan, Sape (We keep Gildon, especially as reserve LB)

LB: Haggan

DB: Dixon (we keep 10 and perhaps later cut PP or Greer)

If there is a surprise cut, to me it may be Shelton, who has shown me little. Maybe Lawton makes it, as he is a very willing, tough blocker, has more speed and good hands.

I think the Bills have been playing possum with Gildon, and will use him in the regular season. We can afford to only carry six LBs with him there, and save a badly needed roster spot. I doubt that they would sign him to a million dollar contract and then not let him rush the passer all that much in the pre-season to see if he still has it. He dropped back in coverage much more than he rushed when he was in. Contrary to popular belief, he also made a couple nice plays.

When Brown comes back, Matthews is released, although if Shane impresses perhaps Brown is the one to go. When that happens, and one QB is cut, we can bring back Burns, or Haggan, or Trafford, or one of the guys that they liked and really didnt want to cut.

The PS: Zolman. Lawton. McFarland. Trafford. Not so Fast Freddie. Peters. Ritzman. Haggan (I didnt think he was eligible but the News said he was, unsure about that). Dixon. (There is likely a couple from other teams that they will sign and replace 2-3 of these guys. A QB for Zolman would be my first guess.

OK, so WHY would the Bills play possum with Gildon? Just to fake you out? Maybe hide him on the roster and sneak him onto the field on Sunday, hoping nobody notices?

No, they needed to see if he's got anything left in the tank. He obviously (to continue the analogy) was running on fumes and didn't impress. Such is life sometimes.

OK, so WHY would the Bills play possum with Gildon?  Just to fake you out?  Maybe hide him on the roster and sneak him onto the field on Sunday, hoping nobody notices? 

No, they needed to see if he's got anything left in the tank.  He obviously (to continue the analogy) was running on fumes and didn't impress.  Such is life sometimes.

18809[/snapback]

No, because they know what he can do. I think they will play him in certain nickel and dime defensive packages. They didnt want to show all their cards with the blitzing packages They started him in the first game with the first defense in these formations, and then dropped him back in coverage, rushing other linebackers. That made me believe that this was their plan.

Furthermore, while Denney and Kelsay played adequate in the entire pre-season, neither of them was a true force on the pass rush. In the last game, they had Posey play DE an entire series once or twice (and not just on passing plays).

I wouldn't necessarily bet on it, and I think perhaps they may have let him go if there werent a lot of injuries. But this allows them to cut an extra LB, Haggan or Crowell, and keep six instead of seven, because in an emergency he could play LB, too.

DE Ritzmann: Practice Squad

CB Dixon: Practice Squad

QB Zolman: Practice Squad

RB Smith: Practice Squad

FB Lawton: Practice Squad

T McFarland: Practice Squad

TE Trafford: Practice Squad

RB Burns: Williams and Simonton are clearly better backs

RB Simonton :Williams was a preseason stud, lets hope it translates into the regular season

T Esposito: Camp fodder

T Sullivan: Seems to have lost his heart and since he isn't one of Mularky's players I don't think MM will put up with it

LS Dorenbos: We don't have the depth to be able to afford a dedicated long snapper, especially if we carry 4 QBs. I never understood the obsession with a dedicated long snapper anyways, but then i never understood the jason peters phenom nor the cult of mcnally

DE McKenzie: Won't keep both KM and Gildon, and Gildon is one of TDs Pittsburgh Pals

S Prioleau: Baker has outperformed both Wire and PP, but TD won't cut one of his own draft picks so soon, let alone a 1st day pick, thus making PP the odd man out

DT Bannan or Edwards: One stays, one goes

Wildcard is whether they cut Travis Brown. If they do i think PP stays

DE Ritzmann: Practice Squad

CB Dixon: Practice Squad

QB Zolman: Practice Squad

RB Smith: Practice Squad

FB Lawton: Practice Squad

T McFarland: Practice Squad

TE Trafford: Practice Squad

RB Burns: Williams and Simonton are clearly better backs

RB Simonton :Williams was a preseason stud, lets hope it translates into the regular season

T Esposito: Camp fodder

T Sullivan: Seems to have lost his heart and since he isn't one of Mularky's players I don't think MM will put up with it

LS Dorenbos: We don't have the depth to be able to afford a dedicated long snapper, especially if we carry 4 QBs.  I never understood the obsession with a dedicated long snapper anyways, but then i never understood the jason peters phenom nor the cult of mcnally

DE McKenzie: Won't keep both KM and Gildon, and Gildon is one of TDs Pittsburgh Pals

S Prioleau:  Baker has outperformed both Wire and PP, but TD won't cut one of his own draft picks so soon, let alone a 1st day pick, thus making PP the odd man out

DT Bannan or Edwards: One stays, one goes

Wildcard is whether they cut Travis Brown.  If they do i think PP stays

18817[/snapback]

It looks like Milloy may be out for two games, and Wire will start. I very much doubt that the team goes into the extremely important first two weeks of the season with just two healthy starters, Wire and Reese, backed-up by a rookie free agent FS who cannot play SS. They will keep PP. They almost have to.

If there is a surprise cut, to me it may be Shelton, who has shown me little. Maybe Lawton makes it, as he is a very willing, tough blocker, has more speed and good hands.

18793[/snapback]

Completely agree. Lawton has looked much better in the practices and games I viewed.

Because of injuries a couple guys who would normally make it get cut.

QB: Zolman.

RB: Simonton, Burns, Lawton. (We keep only four)

WR: Not so Fast Freddie Smith, Haddad.

TE: Trafford

OL: McFarland, Esposito, Pucillo.

DL: Ritzman, Bannan, Sape (We keep Gildon, especially as reserve LB)

LB: Haggan

DB: Dixon (we keep 10 and perhaps later cut PP or Greer)

That's pretty good, I wouldn't lose sleep over seeing any of them go.

I agree on keeping 10 DBs, especially with Lawyer hurt.

If anything, I'd like to cut Travis Brown & keep Lawton, 4 RBs seems a little light.