What if Drew does well in Dallas?

Fezmid

Let's just assume that, in fantasy-land, Bledsoe takes the Cowboys to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth. Regardless of what the Bills do, what will people here start saying about Bledsoe/Dallas?

I'm not saying this will definately happen by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just wondering what people like Steve, Rico, etc, etc, will start saying about Bledsoe if the Cowboys have a good/great season next year.

Please, no "That will never happen!" threadkill comments.

CW

PS: Yes AD, I'm aware of the irony of starting a DB post after saying I havn't started a DB thread. <_<:blink:

Let's just assume that, in fantasy-land, Bledsoe takes the Cowboys to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth.  Regardless of what the Bills do, what will people here start saying about Bledsoe/Dallas?

I'm not saying this will definately happen by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm just wondering what people like Steve, Rico, etc, etc, will start saying about Bledsoe if the Cowboys have a good/great season next year.

CW

PS: Yes AD, I'm aware of the irony of starting a DB post after saying I havn't started a DB thread.  <_<  :blink:

249211[/snapback]

That will never happen! :blink:

Let's just assume that, in fantasy-land, Bledsoe takes the Cowboys to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth.  Regardless of what the Bills do, what will people here start saying about Bledsoe/Dallas?

I'm not saying this will definately happen by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm just wondering what people like Steve, Rico, etc, etc, will start saying about Bledsoe if the Cowboys have a good/great season next year.

CW

PS: Yes AD, I'm aware of the irony of starting a DB post after saying I havn't started a DB thread.  <_<  :blink:

249211[/snapback]

they will give all the credit to the defense, special teams, julius jones, the waterboy........you get the idea.........

It wouldn't bother me. If he led the Cowboys to the Superbowl, i'd support him 110%. I don't hate Drew and look for every opportunity to take cheap shots at him like most posters here, I respect him a great deal for the person and team player he was, because quite frankly, he was the most complete QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly. I just wasn't interested in watching him QB the Bills anymore.

CW

PS: Yes AD, I'm aware of the irony of starting a DB post after saying I havn't started a DB thread.  <_<   :doh:

249211[/snapback]

I've said before that Drew could sign with another team and win the Super Bowl,

& as long as he didn't beat the Bills, I wouldn't be too bothered at all.

I'm sure some of the old Apologists would get really annoying :doh: ,

but deep down, I wouldn't care.

All that matters to me is he's no longer a Bill.

That being said, I will be LMAO at all the Cowboys fans I know who put me thru hell the past few years. :blink::blink::doh:

CW

249211[/snapback]

Easiest question I've seen asked here.

If he takes them to a playoff birth, they will say that's ok, he can't win a big game, so he will lose in the playoffs. And if they win in the playoffs and go to the Superbowl, they will say that's ok he can't win in a SB. And if he wins the SB, they will say, that's ok cause he can't do it again.

And none of those previous games were BIG games anyway. :blink:

I've said before that Drew could sign with another team and win the Super Bowl,

& as long as he didn't beat the Bills, I wouldn't be too bothered at all.

I'm sure some of the old Apologists would get really annoying :doh: ,

but deep down, I wouldn't care.

All that matters to me is he's no longer a Bill.

That being said, I will be LMAO at all the Cowboys fans I know who put me thru hell the past few years. <_<  :blink:  :blink:

249235[/snapback]

See, I guess that's the part I just don't get. People like you who said, "Anyone but Bledsoe because Drew can't win the big games and can't get us to the playoffs and can't win a Superbowl!"

Well, if he does that in Dallas, doesn't that prove that he CAN do it, and COULD have done it here? This will be especially compounded if we flounder with JPL.

I just don't understand the "Anyone is better than Bledsoe" comments, followed by, "Hey, if he wins in Dallas, that's fine, as long as he's not here!"

CW

Good luck to Drew. If he does well, I'll give credit, where credit is due. No matter what he does with Dallas, it still doesn't excuse the fact he did below average with us.

Personally, that's all that matters to me. He will go down as just another hack QB that played for the Bills.

CW

249211[/snapback]

Okay, I will bite and give a straight answer. Personally, I will say that we did not design the correct offense to take advantage of his strengths even after two OCs. I will admit being wrong about my perception that he will break the fans' heart in big games. Let us see how things pan out.

Let me also say that I asked myself similar questions when I felt that the organization was wrong to let Todd Collins and later, RJ go. Time taught me that I was in fact a moron for thinking that and knew nothing about the game. Since that time, I have been watching the games a bit more carefully and learnt more about the game (note: I came to the US in 1989 and watched football for the first time when the Bills went to their 1st SB).

Right!  The chances of that happening are as likely as george bush running for a 3rd term.    Huge mistake on Parcells part.

249253[/snapback]

Sure glad people here know how to read.... If you can't follow the basic tenet of the thread (no "That will never happen!" threadkill comments), then don't post at all.

Sometimes I think the avearage IQ of this board is about 10.

CW

Unfortunately, this could look bad for TD and the Bills. JP is likely to struggle in his first year as a starter, and DB, under Parcells, will do a serviceable job. If Vinny can put up some decent numbers there, I'm sure DB will look okay.

There undoubtedly will be the early season media stories like "The Rebirth of Drew Bledsoe in Dallas under Bill Parcells" when the Cowboys are like 2-1 or 3-2. Then, they'll fade away into an 8-8 type team, and the hype will fade as well.

See, I guess that's the part I just don't get.  People like you who said, "Anyone but Bledsoe because Drew can't win the big games and can't get us to the playoffs and can't win a Superbowl!"

Well, if he does that in Dallas, doesn't that prove that he CAN do it, and COULD have done it here?  This will be especially compounded if we flounder with JPL.

I just don't understand the "Anyone is better than Bledsoe" comments, followed by, "Hey, if he wins in Dallas, that's fine, as long as he's not here!"

CW

249238[/snapback]

Well, I have said "Anyone but Bledsoe because Drew can't win the big games and can't get us to the playoffs and can't win a Superbowl!" And I believe that 100%.

But I've also said "I just don't like Drew". I couldn't stand him from Day 1 with the Patriots.

I never considered him an elite QB, but thanks to

- superior coaching,

- sometimes superior personnel, and

- sometimes bad officiating.

his team prevented my team from reaching further success...

and he got a lot of undue credit for it. <_<

Marino was a far better QB than Drew, but I wouldn't want him on the Bills either.

Highly unlikely, but IF he proves me wrong about the 1st statement, then I'm wrong.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last.

Regardless, I'll be happy because at least he's no longer a Bill. :blink:

CW

249211[/snapback]

Ok, I won't say it will never happen. Let's just say the Cowboys will present me with many betting oppportunites early next season before the wise guys wake up.