Panthers trade for pro bowl punter Andy Lee

Corrected title. Sorry when I am posting late at night I sometimes post incorrect info since I am typically reading multiple articles waiting for web browser to respond on some sites.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17417587/carolina-panthers-fill-void-trade-cleveland-browns-pro-bowl-punter-andy-lee

The Carolina Panthers filled arguably the biggest hole on their roster Monday by acquiring three-time Pro Bowl punter Andy Lee in a trade with the Cleveland Browns.
The Panthers gave up a 2018 fourth-round pick and punter Kasey Redfern in exchange for Lee and a 2017 seventh-round pick.
The defending NFC champions had hoped veteran Mike Scifres would fill the void left by Brad Nortman, who signed with Jacksonville in free agency. However, Scifres, the former Chargers punter, injured his kicking (right) knee in Friday's preseason game when a New England player ran into him on his first punt of the preseason.
The Browns traded Lee three days after coach Hue Jackson jumped the 13-year veteran on the sideline for a lack of effort on trying to stop a return that went 73 yards for a touchdown.

Well, Andy Lee and his family already had a permanent home in Charlotte. So that saves on moving expenses!
Edited by Koolaid

I watched that game. At first I couldn't believe the lack of effort on the punt return. Guy was race-walking in the vague direction of the punt returner. But then I remembered it was the preseason. You don't want your pro bowl punter blowing out his shoulder trying to stop a punt returner at the 6 yard line in the preseason. He should've been given a raise.

kj

I watched that game. At first I couldn't believe the lack of effort on the punt return. Guy was race-walking in the vague direction of the punt returner. But then I remembered it was the preseason. You don't want your pro bowl punter blowing out his shoulder trying to stop a punt returner at the 6 yard line in the preseason. He should've been given a raise.

kj

He was....he was shipped out of CLEVELAND!!!!

kj

Maybe Hue should've had more of an issue that his coverage unit let a guy get through them.

kj

:thumbsup: