Lockport tire fire

Helpmenow

Your uncle is insured and will get his business back, the kid isn't getting his life back.

http://live.buffalonews.com/2016/08/12/worst-feared-following-missing-teens-desperate-call-lockport-fire/

"Derek Martin, the owner of HTI Recycling, has said his company had video evidence the fire was started by kids in an unused office building. He said that he hoped to rebuild the business, but said it could take six months. About 100 people work for HTI, Martin said."

He lost his life, put other's lives @ risk and now 100 people may be out of a job for 6 months or have to find another job. Stupid. @ 14 he should know better. Sad.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://live.buffalonews.com/2016/08/12/worst-feared-following-missing-teens-desperate-call-lockport-fire/

"Derek Martin, the owner of HTI Recycling, has said his company had video evidence the fire was started by kids in an unused office building. He said that he hoped to rebuild the business, but said it could take six months. About 100 people work for HTI, Martin said."

He lost his life, put other's lives @ risk and now 100 people may be out of a job for 6 months or have to find another job. Stupid. @ 14 he should know better. Sad.

Look I'm not saying it's an angelic thing and you're right he should know better. Yeah it's going to suck for those people who have to go on unemployment for six months and it will be hard for the business owner and it will cost him money but it's just that, money. The kid lost his life and his family has to deal with that. I wouldn't want to be the kid's mother. They are having to go to dental records to even identify the kid, that's a horrible thing.

Edited by That's No Moon

Your uncle is insured and will get his business back, the kid isn't getting his life back.

So?

Many people die, every day. Most don't do it committing felonies that ruin the lives of others. I'll save my sympathies for them.

That was the 4th fire at this business (1st for this new owner)

Shredded tires are so volatile and has shown to get out of control fast.

The empty office bldg on the site where it started should have been better secured, with CCTV and sensors as should all bldgs on that site.

CCTV should have been monitored 24/7 . I know hindsight is 20/20

The cost to put out those fires , not to mention the lost life is incredible . (I live in Lockport)

Lockport resident here as well. This kid's parents have to live with this for the rest of their lives. They have to wonder where they went wrong. Why he was doing something they have told him not to do in breaking the law. They have to live with knowing their 14 year old son died alone, trapped in a fire that he went back into to try to put it out. They have to be judged every day by people that don't know them. I think that's bad enough, no need to condemn them. This kid made a very, very bad decision to play with fire at a volatile location and he paid the ultimate price for it, dying alone, trapped, panicking and choking on smoke. The fact that anyone can state he "deserved it"--regardless of their connection to the situation--makes me lose faith in humanity. As a parent, I would never say something like that about anyone else's kid in a situation like this.

Lockport resident here as well. This kid's parents have to live with this for the rest of their lives. They have to wonder where they went wrong. Why he was doing something they have told him not to do in breaking the law. They have to live with knowing their 14 year old son died alone, trapped in a fire that he went back into to try to put it out. They have to be judged every day by people that don't know them. I think that's bad enough, no need to condemn them. This kid made a very, very bad decision to play with fire at a volatile location and he paid the ultimate price for it, dying alone, trapped, panicking and choking on smoke. The fact that anyone can state he "deserved it"--regardless of their connection to the situation--makes me lose faith in humanity. As a parent, I would never say something like that about anyone else's kid in a situation like this.

Since I don't see anybody saying he deserved it, you can regain your faith in humanity.

I didn't catch that he had gone back in to try to put it out. That sucks.

So?

Many people die, every day. Most don't do it committing felonies that ruin the lives of others. I'll save my sympathies for them.

If you can't find a shred a sympathy for a child, or at least the family of a child, who died a horrible death I don't know what to say to you.

I can tell you where they went wrong... Just from reading that very simple summary of an article on this mess. My answer won't be PC or too progressive and people would probably get mad @ me, or even madder @ me...

...So I won't go there. because I could be wrong... But I gotta a pretty good hunch.

:(

If you can't find a shred a sympathy for a child, or at least the family of a child, who died a horrible death I don't know what to say to you.

You are seeking compassion out of the compassionless. Easier getting blood out of a stone.

Since I don't see anybody saying he deserved it, you can regain your faith in humanity.

I didn't catch that he had gone back in to try to put it out. That sucks.

I've seen it from multiple people on Facebook and I'm just blown away by it. No kid deserves to die that type of death, firestarter or not. He deserved a good ass kicking, not to die from smoke inhalation. Edited by JM57

I've seen it from multiple people on Facebook and I'm just blown away by it. No kid deserves to die that type of death, firestarter or not. He deserved a good add kicking, not to die from smoke inhalation.

Yeah, it's right in the Buffalo News article, but I had missed it.

I've seen it from multiple people on Facebook and I'm just blown away by it. No kid deserves to die that type of death, firestarter or not. He deserved a good add kicking, not to die from smoke inhalation.

I use AdBlocker but how do you die from adds other than doing something like joining FaceBook and having some stalker kill you due to your posts?

How about the people who see the surveillance video?

I thought it showed trespassers before the fire but we are still waiting to hear more about the video.

I would be surprised if there was a camera inside a unused office bldg where the fire started. It would have burned up unless it sent video to a recorder in a different location.

Edited by ALF

I use AdBlocker but how do you die from adds other than doing something like joining FaceBook and having some stalker kill you due to your posts?

Pause. Took EII's post below for me to find it. Edited by JM57

D's are right next to S's on the QWERTY. Could be legit typo. These small on- screen keyboards are a pain in the azz. As you can see, I prefer the Z's to tack around the polite filters. Edited by ExiledInIllinois